General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Having keyless entry issuess, need assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having keyless entry issuess, need assistance

Hey guys, so if you remember posted a while ago about my keyless problems and they are still there, however had it narrowed down to the reciever, and just wondering if I found the right box, going to attach a picture to see if I am on the right track, thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Having keyless entry issuess, need assistance-keyless.jpg  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Received 103 Likes on 89 Posts
Here's where the boxes are located in '05/'06. (Keyless unit, and I-key unit). Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Having keyless entry issuess, need assistance-keyless.jpg   Having keyless entry issuess, need assistance-ikey.jpg  
Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I went off a that photo from the manual to remove it from my car, just wondering if indeed that is the keyless unit, and does anyone know where to order one? Dealers charge way too much! Please help haha.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 103 Likes on 89 Posts
Well, if pulling that only affected the keyless entry system then you probably got the right box.
And one last time - all the fuses and "links" below are involved in this system as well as several ground points (this is '05/'06).
But if everything points to this box then it certainly could be the culprit. Looks like a replacement is around $275 new from parts dealers. Maybe you can find one from a salvage yard or somebody parting out a car? Or, maybe you could bust your box open and see if you can spot any bad solder joints or anything obvious. That's a long shot but if you're gonna to toss it anyway what have you got to lose?
Hope you can get it working.

Attached Thumbnails Having keyless entry issuess, need assistance-entry-fuses.jpg