General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Drivers Seat Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers Seat Fix

Hey Fellow G Owners wanted to help out people having seat problems and want to share some good info. Well here is my story I was hearing static coming from my rear speakers when i had my seat all the way down to the floor when i raised the seat it went away then my seat switch would not work at all sometimes so i went to the dealer they told me i my motors going and i have to replace the whole track $2000 are you kidding me

Well I can be pretty handy so i search every form with no help so last night i went out to my car took the plastic finisher piece off the seat so I could see underneath better. When my stereo was off i could actually hear a spark coming from under the seat when lowered all the way Then my seat would stop working the only way i got it to work again is by using the passenger entry button on the back of the seat. I parked in a really dark spot went under my seat looked while i lowered it and i seen the spark was really easy to see. What was happing is the wire the goes into the white box in front of the seat was getting pinched in the middle motor support so i retaped them theres two wires that are insulated in black that run right along the side then along the front down into the white box they are held onto the bottom by a yellow clip.What i did is tuck the wires unde the metal lip in front bottom of the seat pulling the wires clear of the motor mount you kinda gotta pushh the up from where they start and pull forward in the front to make them fit nicely under the metal lip. Make sure you disconect the battery before doing this from everything i have read i seats are pretty sensitive with all the sensors for the airbags

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT CAUSE SAVING 2000$ for me made my day