General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Power window wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2012 | 04:11 PM
|
Power window wires

hey guys, sorry if this isn't quite the right place but hopefully someone can help. Edit: infiniti g35 2004 sedan

my dad and I were taking apart my front passenger side door to fix a dent in the panel (grr kids+bicycles), and in doing so, accidentally disconnected the power windows. So now we have wires and no wire diagram.

Can someone tell me what order to connect the wires, or show me a picture? for those who don't know, it's super easy. Where your window button is, that whole plastic housing pops right off if you slide a knife under it, and all the wires should be clipped into the housing nicely.

Attached Thumbnails Power window wires-imag0882.jpg  

Last edited by seraphdarknon; 10-31-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2013 | 12:56 PM
Sorry to bring up a dead thread but it's easier than starting a new one. I've also got the same problem only my clip is broken on the passenger side. I can't find a pinout with the correct colors for the wires and my window is down. I can't even roll it up from the driver side now. All I wanted to do was fix the stupid window which rolled down every time I closed the door, I guess it's a reset procedure based on what I read. Tried to take the panel off and remove the molex connector. Didn't help that the connector was broken and the retaining clip was snapped in half from the previous owner ( or previous person who installed something) and now it's a headache for me since I can't find a single diagram online. Google search is less than helpful because it lists numbers for pins but I don't have 16 wires on the passenger side harness, I think 10-12 only. This really blows. Need an answer ASAP!

Edit: Now I've got a new symptom, after figuring out the 10 pin diagram (trial and error) I've got the damn locks to work, but the window motor won't respond. Won't roll up. I hear the motor clicking once when I press the switch but no movement. Anybody?

Last edited by bakwoods; 06-01-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: New information
Old 06-02-2013 | 01:23 AM
SOLVED!

Name:  wiringharness005.jpg
Views: 1553
Size:  46.5 KB

Thank god for a sticky'd DIY manual that wasn't related to my issue which I stumbled upon after getting really frustrated finally. The biggest challenge was dealing with the broken molex connector that was split in half. The connector is made up of the actual connector then a retaining clip on the inside of the connector that keeps the wires from sliding back out once clipped in. Well...that was the piece that was broken in 1/2. I managed to wedge it in and hot glue it back into place. It's not an ideal situation, however if I ever have to take my door panel off. I'll have the picture to fall back on. Now I finally have a properly working passenger side window.