General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

SRS Airbag Light Solid - HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS Airbag Light Solid - HELP

I got into a small fender bender as someone hit me in the rear and caused me to hit the person in front of me

The airbags DID NOT deploy but ever since then my SRS light has been on and does NOT blink just stays solid.

I read that I might need to change the module, maybe the impact sensor but I was hoping someone might have some real time experience with this and lead me in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sandwich wreck. PITA, but glad everybody is OK.

The SRS is not an area to be guessing about, you should probably get to a dealer to sort it out properly (and insurance should cover it). Not good to be driving without that protection either.

That said, my understanding of the system is that at the moment of a collision the Crash Zone Sensor directly behind the grill and the SRS Diagnostic Center (black box) need to agree that the situation it is severe enough to deploy the bags. In your case I would guess the crash zone sensor said yes but the black box said no. Meaning most likely you need to replace that sensor behind your grill.

Even if that is the problem I don't know if simply replacing that component will clear your error. There may be a "reset" that needs to be done or even replacement of the main black box... Others here can probably speak from direct experience.

Good luck.