General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Dome Lights, Sunroof, Washer Pump not working... Odd combo right? BCM Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dome Lights, Sunroof, Washer Pump not working... Odd combo right? BCM Issue?

Hello all, this is my first post here. I recently bought a 2004 g35 sedan with about 94k miles on it. I knew going into it that the car had some issues. For instance, I will be replacing the lower control arm (or transverse link) bushings as well as the compression rod bushings very soon because they are all blown... But that's not the issue I want to discuss here!

The issue:
1. None of the interior lights aside from the dash work. The dome lights by the sunroof, the vanity mirror lights, yeah none of them.
2. Sunroof also doesn't work.
3. Windshield washer pump does not turn on. Wipers work fine. Have verified hoses, no clog. The actual washer pump is brand new. It's basically not receiving any power.

I have been going off the service manual...
Edition: July 2003
Revision: February 2004
Publication No. SM4E-1V35U6

From what I can figure out it looks like both of these systems run through the BCM. So from reading the forums I saw that a known trick to check your BCM is to disconnect the battery for 5 min, reconnect, and things may start working again. Absolutely no difference for me. (Which should mean the BCM is good and it's probably a fuse?? I thought).
Washer pump has a fuse #84 in the IPDM behind the battery. I replaced that. Dome lights have a fuse in the box by the clutch. I replaced that. I also discovered from the service manual that both components receive power through this fusible link F 50amp thing (looks like an L shape) in the fusebox in front of the battery. I thought for sure this was the culprit, but it looks to be good from all the checks I did... When I took it out and turned on the car the power seats stopped working, and then when I put it back in the power seats resumed working. So long story short, I am stuck...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
weird

Originally Posted by 2004MTsedandude
Hello all, this is my first post here. I recently bought a 2004 g35 sedan with about 94k miles on it. I knew going into it that the car had some issues. For instance, I will be replacing the lower control arm (or transverse link) bushings as well as the compression rod bushings very soon because they are all blown... But that's not the issue I want to discuss here!

The issue:
1. None of the interior lights aside from the dash work. The dome lights by the sunroof, the vanity mirror lights, yeah none of them.
2. Sunroof also doesn't work.
3. Windshield washer pump does not turn on. Wipers work fine. Have verified hoses, no clog. The actual washer pump is brand new. It's basically not receiving any power.

I have been going off the service manual...
Edition: July 2003
Revision: February 2004
Publication No. SM4E-1V35U6

From what I can figure out it looks like both of these systems run through the BCM. So from reading the forums I saw that a known trick to check your BCM is to disconnect the battery for 5 min, reconnect, and things may start working again. Absolutely no difference for me. (Which should mean the BCM is good and it's probably a fuse?? I thought).
Washer pump has a fuse #84 in the IPDM behind the battery. I replaced that. Dome lights have a fuse in the box by the clutch. I replaced that. I also discovered from the service manual that both components receive power through this fusible link F 50amp thing (looks like an L shape) in the fusebox in front of the battery. I thought for sure this was the culprit, but it looks to be good from all the checks I did... When I took it out and turned on the car the power seats stopped working, and then when I put it back in the power seats resumed working. So long story short, I am stuck...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man, i see you never got an answer to your problem. DId you ever find out what was causing your issues? I have a similar problem your the closet to what i got lol

My Clock dial doesn't work. But the lights still do in it
My Trip meter for miles, resets to 0 every time i turn the car off.
My sunroof wont open or close.
My AC doesn't remember what settings i left it on so i have to turn it back on every time i start the car.
Weird combo also right!