General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Just replaced my passenger window motor..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Just replaced my passenger window motor..

Hey guys. I searched the forums, couldn't really find any threads dealing with my specific issue. So I was having the same window problems as all the other posts describe: windows sticking, going half way down, working fine sometimes, not working at all. And even throughout all those issues I would always hear a click whenever I tried to open/close the window, whether the glass moved or not.

Fast forward to about 15 minutes ago. I came home from work and replaced the passenger side window motor. As I said, I would still get clicks, or the window would even work (however slowly). I even closed the window with the power window switch on the drive home. I performed the entire motor replacement procedure without any hiccups. So it's time for me to plug the motor in and perform the reset and everything will be peachy.. or so I thought. Once I plugged the motor into the clip on the door, I heard the motor move a tiny bit, but then stop. I figured this was cause the window was all the way up and it lowered a tiny bit since I had the door open. I go to perform the reset procedure, the first step of which is make sure that the window is completely closed. I pull up on the switch to raise the window and.... nothing. No movement, not even a clicking sound I tried to use the driver side switch to roll the window up...nothing. No movement, no click. What the hell happened? Did I short the switch or something? Is this a fix I can do myself? Or am I going to have to bring this to a mechanic/electrician? Any help/suggestions/ideas..anything..

edit: figured it out. I'm an idiot...

Last edited by ceehouse; 10-30-2013 at 10:20 PM.