2004 G35 MT ECU compatibility question. - Page 2 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

2004 G35 MT ECU compatibility question.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:13 PM

bump
Old 12-31-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btran35 View Post
Raising this from the dead. So after replacing my ecu to the one I mentioned above, my obd port isn't working. How I found out was when trying to do a smog test. The smog technician obd scanner couldn't communicbutate with my ecu. He even tried 2 different scanners, including an expensive Snap-on scanner, and they all couldn't communicate with the ecu. He tried to diagnose my car by triggering a a check engine light. He pulled some sensors and it successfully triggered the check engine light. The technician then assumed that my new ecu isn't 100% compatible and that I should go repair my original ecu. I don't want to repair my ecu if it's not guaranteed to fix the obd port. I'm thinking that something else screwed with my obd port. I've changed out my IPDM and I've also removed my stock radio and installed a double din stereo. Maybe along the line I might have spliced a crucial wire? Both of my cigarette lighters are working. My clock also works even though the time lags behind after a few weeks and I have to re-adjust it. Other than my IPDM and stereo, I haven't done anything else to my car. Can someone please have an answer that might suggest the issue?

Here's my ECU information if it helps:
My original ECU Code: Mec35-262 a2 7v22
Replacement ECU Code: Mec35-261 a1 4708

Old thread but I just went through this.. ipdm had water in it and no cover, fried my ecm. I have a 6mt 05 sports sedan. You can only use the exact same part #. The a1 and a2 in the parts is the program so that also has to be the same. Try
car-parts.com. I could only find 2 in the country when I found mine. But 120 is much cheaper than 1200!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gookiecrunch View Post
Old thread but I just went through this.. ipdm had water in it and no cover, fried my ecm. I have a 6mt 05 sports sedan. You can only use the exact same part #. The a1 and a2 in the parts is the program so that also has to be the same. Try
car-parts.com. I could only find 2 in the country when I found mine. But 120 is much cheaper than 1200!

Call the dealership, give them your vin# and they can get you the exact ecm, (i know you have it but just to cross reference) and any ecm you're checking out you can also cross reference the vin# just make sure it's exactly the same.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:35 PM

Old thread Resurrection, I have an 04 6mt G35 and I'm currently replacing the engine wiring harness, and the ecm. The issue I'm having is there's a few shorts in the wiring harness that fried a few pins coming out of the ecm as well as a couple wires in the harness. My problem is what comes after I replace these parts the dealership told me I will need to take it to them to get my car to start again. I'm at my wits end with this, I've called the few shops in the area and no one seems to have an answer. do I need or absolutely have to take my car to the dealer or is there any way around this? (Would suck due to the closest dealer is 75 miles away not to mention the cost) any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-11-2017, 03:57 PM

If you used a different wiring harness from a different year.. you have to make sure that's right first then get the Ecm for your Vin#. I'd check with the dealership and see if there are any difference noes in wiring harnesses from the same year cars.
I had 2 or 4 different ecm's for my 05 sedan sports model. Only made a few months that year and they still switched ecm's a few times. Lol. Had to match up the Vin and ecm. Or buy dealer direct for 1200 a pop. Lol
Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 PM

The used and current ecm part number and letter codes are the same mec35-260 b1, the harness is the same as the one I have as well (besides not having shorts in the wiring. But my question is still there, am I really going to have to tow my car 75 miles to the closest dealer to have them reflash the new to me ecm or is there a way around that?
Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My~G~Low View Post
The used and current ecm part number and letter codes are the same mec35-260 b1, the harness is the same as the one I have as well (besides not having shorts in the wiring. But my question is still there, am I really going to have to tow my car 75 miles to the closest dealer to have them reflash the new to me ecm or is there a way around that?
probably.. not sure why the ecm and new harness would short unless there was something wrong with them but at that point I'd take it in. Less risk.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 PM

It's the old harness and ecm that have the shorts, I'm just trying to see if there's an alternative to having a dealer do it to save time and money.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My~G~Low View Post
It's the old harness and ecm that have the shorts, I'm just trying to see if there's an alternative to having a dealer do it to save time and money.
I see. Yes you'll probably have to have them reset the ecm and reprogram it.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:57 PM

So after many phone calls to different locations shops and the dealers Nissan and then they sent me to an Infiniti specific dealer up in Portland and I was finally able to get a hold of a mechanic who knew exactly what I was dealing with and he cross reference the parts, and then told me after I install them the only thing I will need to do is call a locksmith that reprograms keys. Cost me $85