General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Car went crazy after locking doors after rain!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car went crazy after locking doors after rain!

My 2005 G went crazy today as I locked my doors with the key fob. Yesterday we had a lot of rain and had to drive through a lot of water. Today on the way to work it was was better with light rain. Anyways, I backed the car in the parking space and turned the car off in reverse. We both got out, shut the doors, then I pressed the lock button on the key fob. The horn blew steady and the reverse lights came on. The key fob buttons would not shut it up! I put the key in the ignition and turn it and got everything back to normal. So again I get out of the car, try to lock the door again and the problem returns. Again I go inside the car and turn the ignition to shut up the car. I lock the car manually.
After work, on my drive home the Service Engine Soon light is now on. Once home, I parked the car and lock the car with the key fob. It works with no issues. Tomorrow I will run the codes if the Service Engine Soon light is still on.
Has anyone ever experience something this strange? Could it have been caused by driving through the deep puddles in our monsoon rain storm?

Old 11-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
^ Moved this one, as it's not an audio / video question.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Car electronics went crazy after locking doors!

My 2005 G went crazy today as I locked my doors with the key fob. Yesterday we had a lot of rain and had to drive through a lot of water. Today on the way to work it was was better with light rain. Anyways, I backed the car in the parking space and turned the car off in reverse. We both got out, shut the doors, then I pressed the lock button on the key fob. The horn blew steady and the reverse lights came on. The key fob buttons would not shut it up! I put the key in the ignition and turn it and got everything back to normal. So again I get out of the car, try to lock the door again and the problem returns. Again I go inside the car and turn the ignition to shut up the car. I lock the car manually.
After work, on my drive home the Service Engine Soon light is now on. Once home, I parked the car and lock the car with the key fob. It works with no issues. Tomorrow I will run the codes if the Service Engine Soon light is still on.
Has anyone ever experience something this strange? Could it have been caused by driving through the deep puddles in our monsoon rain storm?

Old 11-20-2014, 05:32 PM
System reset and now working fine.

I got home and hooked up my OBD II Bluetooth interface with the Torque app on my phone to the car. The ECU refused to talk to it. I pressed scan for code several times but each time the phone app would indicate "Unable to connect to ECU". I gave up so I went inside to grab my wallet so I could visit Discount Auto so they could run the codes. Came back,started the car, and now the Service Engine Soon light is gone. Drove the car today to work, about 60 miles round trip and no problems. I still don't know what cause the problem. Was it driving in the monsoon rain storm or just a computer glitch? We say that electronics sometimes is F. Magic!

Old 03-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
File a safety report

Anyone having this problem, please file a safety report at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov. I have the same problem. Happened to me three times and yet I'm the only one the filed a report. The horns blasted long enough to burn out. Let's force a recall.