General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

New Battery & Flickering Dash Control Panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Battery & Flickering Dash Control Panel

I'm trying not to freak out here... I just replaced my battery at O'Riley's late Sunday night after it wouldn't start for the 2nd time within a month (lights were left on by the carwash).

There is the issue of the little J bar that connects the battery brace to the frame... it went missing from the last time I had the battery replaced. So I will be ordering a new one to get everything bolted in place correctly.

Now, I notice my control panel lights are intermittently off, then back on when I'm driving. This happens randomly, not with a bump or turn, not with a light or darkness issue - both when idling or driving (slow or fast).

I checked the cables and everything seems secure. Battery seems to be in place despite not being bolted in with the brace. What am I missing?

Is there a grounding issues, maybe not hooked up right? Could the alternator be going bad from the old battery putting too much strain on it? Any other ideas that I can possibly check myself?

I really appreciate any feedback!!!!

2008 G35x 175Kmiles