General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Locked / Seized brakes, and Hard Brake pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes Locked / Seized brakes, and Hard Brake pedal

Ok two days ago i moved my car and parked it in front of my home, as I walked away i noticed the tail lights fender lights, and stereo lights remained on, i couldn't figure it out. So i came to this forum, where many have suggested it being the Brake Switch and to replace it. I went and looked underneath the Dash and wiggled it a lil and the lights went out, so i thought. Came to my G in the morning to find it completely dead and unable to start. So i figured the Battery died, i bought a new duralast batt, installed it, car came on BUT NOW this time my Brake pedal became hard to press and my brakes were locking up and seizing on me.... like the car was dragging and if i took my foot off the Gas the car STOOD STILL so i called AAA and disconnected the battery, because the issues with the lights began to happen again .......When the driver got there i reconnected the battery, and boom the brakes were working fine ....But i towed it anyways when it came to my house they locked up again

Anyone have some tips or help with this issue i feel like i May enegaged the ABD/VDC fail safe er something ...maybe some type of reset ???????

Old 05-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Not sure, this is a serious issue that needs to be inspected by a Nissan official / independent mechanic.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abyss - Did you get a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing similar issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.