General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

2006 coupe window issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:55 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
2006 coupe window issue

Window stopped dropping down a little bit when you open the door to allow clearance for the roof sill. When I close the door it opens the window almost all the way, I think this is from triggering the pinch sensor from impacting the roofline.

My question, what exactly causes the window to drop down that 1/2" when you open the door? Is it a switch or sensor somewhere or just part of the window regulator, I need to get this fixed asap before I break the glass.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
There's a physical switch on the inside door panel. Check and see if it's maybe worn out or stuck. It has a rubber cover in it.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:36 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Man I had the surprise of a lifetime when I popped the door panel off...

Someone must have had some big woofers in the trunk or something and went to EXTREME measures to stop stuff from rattling in the door panels, they covered the ENTIRE door in mastic tape and a layer of foam... just trying to find that reset button took me literally 60 minutes of slicing off mastic, hands covered in black gooey ****. This is going to be an absolute nightmare when I have to replace the door motor someday.

At least the window is working as intended now, did a window reset procedure and it worked.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:06 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Alrighty, after fixing the window I noticed my ambient temperature sensor was "stuck" and wasn't displaying the correct outside temp. Went through some steps of the FSM on diagnosing the problem, sensor had correct resistance for the current outside temp, pin on connector had ground, other had 5vdc. When I plugged it all back together after doing these steps the display was miraculously working again.

But here's my question, are the window memory and ambient temp display related to one another AT ALL. Do they all run through the same body control unit or something? Just trying to determine if there's some other underlying root cause to these two issues popping up nearly at the same time.

Everything is currently fixed and working as intended.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.