General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Problem with Automatic Windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Problem with Automatic Windows

Hey Guys,

Just recently bought my 2007 g35x and all the windows work but not the automatic option, the only one that does work is my rear passenger, any suggestions??

Thank you.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:21 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Two things to try, first is the easy one, but I'm not sure if it's applicable to your vehicle, roll the window up all the way and HOLD the button up in the auto-up position for 3 seconds (some sites said 10sec, not sure which is legit), then roll the window down all the way and HOLD the button in the auto-down position for the same 3-10 seconds.

Next is the slightly more difficult one, not sure if it's the same procedure as my '06 coupe, had to remove the door panel (simple) and go through a process of window motor reset. Worked like a charm after the second attempt (if it doesn't work perfectly after the first try then do it again).

-Remove door panel and access window motor reset switch, follow link below for picture.

-With door open, roll up window all the way.

-Close door

-Hold reset button for next step

-Roll window down all the way with only the manual (where you hold the button down) function, do not press the button all the way down to "auto" the window down

-Release reset button

-Roll window all the way up with the same manual function, no auto-up

-Open door (don't forget this step, I think this is when the motor is no longer in "learning" mode).

Should be able to auto-up/down now, unless something is physically broken on the switch itself I suppose.

If you have a coupe, manually push the door closed switch and make sure the window drops down slightly and comes back up when you release the switch.
This thread has a good picture of the reset button.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...dow-motor.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.