General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Why are my windows doing this all of a sudden?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 5AT G35
Why are my windows doing this all of a sudden?

Whenever I roll down my windows and turn off my car, the windows roll up after a short while which is not what I want and it has never done this before until now.

Is there something i can do?

Old 06-20-2019, 08:01 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Usually it's the exact opposite. Folks roll the window up and it automatically goes back down. I suspect BCM failure but there is a switch in the door key lock (hold to locked position to roll up windows, unlocked position to roll down windows) that you should unplug to see if the problem corrects itself. Might be failing and making intermittent contact.

The following users liked this post:
Vini Saha (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S35S Sedan
Windows roll down while I'm driving, and do not roll back up until a future day

My 2007 G35S sedan windows (drivers and rear passenger) randomly began rolling down by themselves! Each rolls down while I'm driving, not necessarily simultaneously! Very rarely can I control/ stop the process. Just as rarely am I able to bring the window(s) up during that drive itself.
No specific pattern, but here are a couple things: often they roll down when it's super hot. Ive managed to reduce the frequency of them rolling down by shutting off/ pressing down the main window control button on the driver's side. Last week when it was 100°'s the rear window rolled down despite the main switch being off/ pressed down!
Help, I think I have a ghost in my machine!