Hawaii Honolulu

G35 crashed this morns???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't want to sound like im preaching or arguing about it being that guys fault for racing, because I completely agree that doing so is completely irresponsible and he should be punished for what he did not only by his conscience but by the law if he recovers from his injuries. I do think though that in situations like this where the passengers are killed it is a horrible tragedy but not one that is completely out of their control. Often times the passengers encourage the street racing and have been part of it before. I'm sure some of us have been in cars as a passenger when the driver of the car was racing and i'd venture a guess that a lot of these times there were more positive words after the incident than negative ones condeming the action. Just off the top of my head I can remember 3 times in the past when I was a passenger in a car and the driver started racing someone and only once did I tell the driver to stop. So although most of the blame has to obviously fall on the individual doing the actual street racing, i don't think we should ignore the other factors that contribute to and reinforce this type of behavior if we want to help stop it. Anyways didn't mean to drag this out...was just a thought that came up in my head while i was reading these posts the last two days...

Old 10-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
This is sobering. What a tragedy. That kid who killed his girlfriend...his life is RUINED. And it's his own fault. Holy crap...I can't even imagine how much it would suck to be him. They better keep him on suicide watch in the hospital.
haha...I'd rather he live and be humiliated for the rest of his life.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow, I Don't Believe What Going On Right Now Unbelieveable Stuff

Old 10-24-2006, 07:53 PM
hmm... people prob think my parents got me my car... sadly... have to work to pay off the car... makes you take care of it better and you drive more cautiously...

Old 10-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Wow. That pic of them in the G is kind of eery.

So sad. It's doubtful that if we had a track this would not have happened but things like this wouldn't happen as much.

He's going to have a rough life now, but not near as rough as her family.
Regardless if there was a track or not, it was inevitable to happen to someone. Even when the track was still open, there were headlines of accidents caused by racing. On the result of death as the outcome, racing does not make up the majority of it. The majority of fatalities are resulted from your average day to day drivers.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by aimb0b
Don't want to sound like im preaching or arguing about it being that guys fault for racing, because I completely agree that doing so is completely irresponsible and he should be punished for what he did not only by his conscience but by the law if he recovers from his injuries. I do think though that in situations like this where the passengers are killed it is a horrible tragedy but not one that is completely out of their control. Often times the passengers encourage the street racing and have been part of it before. I'm sure some of us have been in cars as a passenger when the driver of the car was racing and i'd venture a guess that a lot of these times there were more positive words after the incident than negative ones condeming the action. Just off the top of my head I can remember 3 times in the past when I was a passenger in a car and the driver started racing someone and only once did I tell the driver to stop. So although most of the blame has to obviously fall on the individual doing the actual street racing, i don't think we should ignore the other factors that contribute to and reinforce this type of behavior if we want to help stop it. Anyways didn't mean to drag this out...was just a thought that came up in my head while i was reading these posts the last two days...
So, if you were driving and your passenger/friends told you to race a Porsche and weave through traffice at 90mph, would you? Come on...everyone has choices. This guy chose to race, allegedly, and made a decision to do so. I don't think you can blame anyone but the driver. The passenger has no control whatsoever.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by tod071
So, if you were driving and your passenger/friends told you to race a Porsche and weave through traffice at 90mph, would you? Come on...everyone has choices. This guy chose to race, allegedly, and made a decision to do so. I don't think you can blame anyone but the driver. The passenger has no control whatsoever.
I'm sorry but I disagree, people are in large part products of conditioning and there is no way that his desire to race wasn't reinforced by some of his friends and perhaps even his girlfriend. Many of them probably encouraged that behavior, thus boasting his self esteem through racing which made him feel that not only is racing fun, but "cool" as well. Sure, if a person has a strong desire for the adrenaline rush or such that racing gives them they may be inclined to participate in such activities, but it is the people around him that curb or support these desires. If these people instead told him to cut that s**t out everytime he started trying to race with them present, would he be as inclined to do it? If his girlfriend told him that she would not be willing to go out with him if he raced he probably wouldn't, at least not with her in the car. Just as the driver of the other car in this incident must take on some of the responsibility for what occured as well. I am NOT saying that the driver shouldn't be blamed, but I am saying that when something like this occurs people should look at not only his actions but those of the people around him as well. Yes he shouldn't have decided to race, yes the final decision is his alone to make: but humans didn't evolve with cars and racing, there is no genetic disorder for wanting to operate a vehicle at extreme speeds on public roads with other people involved. If everyone who tried to race on the streets was chastised by his or her peers and not just authoritative figures, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. I guess what i'm trying to get at is if passengers made it absolutely clear that they wont ride in the car with a person who partakes in street racing they might not only save the life of the person who might have instead raced, but their own or some innocent bystanders life as well. People seem to acknowledge this when it comes to drunken driving and I just feel that it applies to street racing too. Hope I'm not coming accross as argumentative or anything and sorry again if I am...

Old 10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it was the drivers fault. again, he chose to drive wreckless.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Hope I'm not coming accross as argumentative or anything and sorry again if I am...
Stop apologizing. Everyone has their opinions. If no one disagreed, there'd be no reason for these forums. SPEAK YOUR MIND!!! even if you're wrong on this topic

Old 10-25-2006, 05:45 PM
not saying it wasn't the drivers fault, just saying that other people are responsible for their actions as well. If you sent your kid to "sleepover" at say...Michael Jackson's house without any supervision (or if you believe he's innocent some other convicted child molester) knowing that he has molested children before and something happened wouldn't that lapse of judgement be your responsibility for letting your kid be there while you were fully aware of past history? In the same way you shouldn't get in the car with someone who you know street races and has no regard for you wanting them to not do so while you are riding. If you see these situations as have a total of say..a total of 100% fault/responsibility and the only way for other people to have any responsibility is to take away a percentage of the driver's responsibility then fine, I rather you feel that the driver was 100% at fault and not 95.3% or something like that. I, however, don't feel that things such as responsibility can be quantified in real world scenarios because there are just too many variables so I believe that while the blame should be on the person who committed the act people who encouraged him to behave in such manner should realize they are responsible for their actions as well.

Last edited by aimb0b; 10-25-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
i dunno if i read it wrong or what...but someone on fh said something about him being in an accident before and was in a coma...you would think someone would learn after that?? of course i could have been reading it wrong if you would like to correct me id appreciate it thank you

Old 10-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by me_wanna_g
i dunno if i read it wrong or what...but someone on fh said something about him being in an accident before and was in a coma...you would think someone would learn after that?? of course i could have been reading it wrong if you would like to correct me id appreciate it thank you
im gonna confirm that... my mom are friends with the driver's mom... my mom told me on monday that he got into a accident before and was in a coma for 3 months... it took him 3 years to fully recover from the accident... however, he didnt learn and now he has a 50-50 chance of making it.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by me_wanna_g
please post a link to that thread on dreadful Fh. mahalos, and see you next week.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:07 PM
not saying it wasn't the drivers fault, just saying that other people are responsible for their actions as well. If you sent your kid to "sleepover" at say...Michael Jackson's house without any supervision (or if you believe he's innocent some other convicted child molester) knowing that he has molested children before and something happened wouldn't that lapse of judgement be your responsibility for letting your kid be there while you were fully aware of past history? In the same way you shouldn't get in the car with someone who you know street races and has no regard for you wanting them to not do so while you are riding. If you see these situations as have a total of say..a total of 100% fault/responsibility and the only way for other people to have any responsibility is to take away a percentage of the driver's responsibility then fine, I rather you feel that the driver was 100% at fault and not 95.3% or something like that. I, however, don't feel that things such as responsibility can be quantified in real world scenarios because there are just too many variables so I believe that while the blame should be on the person who committed the act people who encouraged him to behave in such manner should realize they are responsible for their actions as well.
do you have significant other? lets put yourself in that guys shoes. lets say you're significant other and yourself are heading out somewhere. your significant other knows that you may end up in a street race if a challenge is presented to you. what would you expect your significant other to do? ride with someone else?

in the case of the girl, she may or may have not encouraged the driver to race. Ultimately it's the simple CHOICE the driver makes that makes the difference regardless of who stimulates the idea.

Last edited by 636Racer; 10-25-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:07 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G35 crashed this morns???