Hawaii Honolulu

Need info on visiting Hawaii for first timer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need info on visiting Hawaii for first timer

Hey guys,

I am planning to go to hawaii on our anniversary in May. What do you guys recommend for the first time visitor. I never been to hawaii before so please help me make this trip friendly and easier.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
the main and most important thing that you must have when you go to HAWAII is CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABE...............Bring a **** load of that with you.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maui is a good island for first visit--has hustle of honolulu and quiet of kauai/north shore. try bulk discounters like apple vacation, pleasant vacation, and happy vacation. they often have better prices. hawai'i is great to visit.

don't believe what they tell you, there are no interstate in hawai'i. it's not possible.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
What island are you going to? What do you like to do? There are tons of things to try on each island. Depending on what you like to do, there is a different island for you.

Relax, do nothing - Kauai, Big Island, Lanai
Do some stuff (not too much late nights) - Maui
Do and see lots of things, party all night - Oahu

Old 09-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
What island are you going to? What do you like to do? There are tons of things to try on each island. Depending on what you like to do, there is a different island for you.

Relax, do nothing - Kauai, Big Island, Lanai
Do some stuff (not too much late nights) - Maui
Do and see lots of things, party all night - Oahu
Well, we like to go sight seeing, club, shoping and beach.........little of everythings. We are looking for an island that not too crowed or too quiet.

Thanks guys

Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by G-RULZ
Well, we like to go sight seeing, club, shoping and beach.........little of everythings. We are looking for an island that not too crowed or too quiet.

Thanks guys
I would suggest Maui for the first time visitor. Clubbing is more of an Oahu thing, but the others you can get on pretty much any island (except Lanai or Molokai).

Old 09-04-2007, 06:21 PM
DONT F*CK WITH THE LOCALS!

J/K

*Gzire? XLR8SN? LOL

All the islands except Oahu are great place for relaxations. Oahu is more party than anything else...although there are some nice hide aways on Oahu.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
I think Oahu is the best all-around...You can always be busy and have fun. hike DiamondHead, eat at the Shorebird, and hit up the clubs.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Do your research and plan well if you are coming to Oahu. Look up points of interest that you might want to visit and ask us locals the specific questions. Too many people just trying to make a buck off of tourists, believe me. I deal with hundreds of tourists personally everyday at work, and try to give them the best local knowledge I have.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Thank guys. That is what I am afraid too the local........ so what do u guys recommend to go see, what club, to do at each island? Give me a good lists..

Old 09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
DONT F*CK WITH THE LOCALS!

J/K

*Gzire? XLR8SN? LOL

All the islands except Oahu are great place for relaxations. Oahu is more party than anything else...although there are some nice hide aways on Oahu.
.....................yeah stay away from 636, he's all angry this week.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Thank guys. That is what I am afraid too the local........ so what do u guys recommend to go see, what club, to do at each island? Give me a good lists..

Seriously man, just don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine.

I'm a bit too old to be doing the clubbing thing, need to ask one of the youngsters here.

Deep sea fishing
SCUBA diving
Hiking
Vegging out on the beach

You can do this stuff on any island. Maui is more laid back, but watch out for the inattentive drivers. Big Island is too long and between to see stuff. Lanai is really friendly, but there isn't a whole lot to do there.....still you can catch a ferry and do a day trip from Lahaina (on Maui). Molokai - don't bother. Kauai.......they seem to be really anti tourist right now.................my vote is still Maui.

Last edited by GZire; 09-04-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Don't be afraid of the locals. The only thing we (I guess they now) is respect. Don't be throwing trash out the window or at the beach, don't throw cigarette butts on the beach, don't touch the heiau's, don't take lava rocks home, just respect the land and the people and you will do good.

I also don't know any clubs, but if you are going to Maui you have to go up Haleakala to see the sunrise or the sunset. Bring some really warm clothes because it is cold and windy at 10000 feet. Try anything with Maui onions, because they are sweet and ono.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
Don't be afraid of the locals. The only thing we (I guess they now) is respect. Don't be throwing trash out the window or at the beach, don't throw cigarette butts on the beach, don't touch the heiau's, don't take lava rocks home, just respect the land and the people and you will do good.

I also don't know any clubs, but if you are going to Maui you have to go up Haleakala to see the sunrise or the sunset. Bring some really warm clothes because it is cold and windy at 10000 feet. Try anything with Maui onions, because they are sweet and ono.
Thanks Rage and everyone else. I am not worried about smoking (dont' smoke)or throwing trash, or taken stuff off the island.

Do you guys know a good site to get an info about Maui? Or a list that we must go, do and see.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Don't know any sites, but here is a link to another thread that talked about Maui. You could PM the guy what he liked/didn't like.

https://g35driver.com/forums/hawaii/53954-going-maui-any-suggestions.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need info on visiting Hawaii for first timer