Hawaii Honolulu

Anyone Buying a GTR??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BACES
fawk!!! met this kid brandon.....sucka already put the money down for one...
even ordered the 7k amuse exhaust! coming in mid of this year.. im soo jealous.
How old was this guy? Man sight unseen, prices not released, maintenance schedule prices not out............dang what does this guy do for money?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=GZire]How old was this guy? Man sight unseen, prices not released, maintenance schedule prices not out............dang what does this guy do for money?[/QU

he's 23.....dude makes me sick. owns some kind of corporation.

that's alright..i'll get mines!!! cheehuu!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
is that the guy that owns the gallardo? Dunno gtr is nice and all but I'd rather invest in dope *** house. Dunno maybe I'm just getting old.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
It's a nice car...though I'd rather get the 09 ZR1

Dave...I think you should renig on that car.

*sigh* When I was looking...I was going to get a 07 ZO6. But no dealer here wanted to even consider working on a MSRP price. The ones in Kerbeck were okay...but they didnt have the option that I was looking for originally. The ZR1 was not mentioned yet at that time. Though...100K for a car?? Whoa...a bit much there. More so when I am bitching about the 400K condos.

The option then was presented to me for the ACR Viper. It was a deal that I couldnt resist. That was in February 07. So...almost a year later....and yes I am still waiting for delivery. Didnt really help matters that the person doing the work was involved in the American Lemans either. So....10K in parts and...14K in labor and other "tinkerings" later....I am finally in the process of making the arrangements to ship it here from San Diego.

So...soon and hopefully before spring....I will be able to go for a drive and crash the G35 meets. But hey Chris.....I got pictures of the completed project at least if you want to see them.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I want to see them.......

Old 01-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I am....... when I feel the need to spend more than 50k on a car. i mean seriously for a lot less than this you can build your VQ platform to run cirlces around this car. It's nice and all but it's not a Porsche.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 AM
i'd like to see them too......!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
I am....... when I feel the need to spend more than 50k on a car. i mean seriously for a lot less than this you can build your VQ platform to run cirlces around this car. It's nice and all but it's not a Porsche.
Well yes and no. I'm up to close to the $50k mark on my car and it'll most definitely not run circles around the GT-R. For another $10-$15k or so to beef up my bottom end & powertrain I can get the boost up enough to match and exceed the engine specs on the GT-R.

However what I cannot do is have the electronic aids and paddle shifters. The paddle shifters alone will greatly help performance of the car.

Tuning the chassis and wind tunnel testing is something that we do not have any resources for. You cannot just throw stuff together and expect it to perform like a Lotus tuned chassis.

I am disappointed the car is so heavy though.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by XLR8SN
..........The option then was presented to me for the ACR Viper. It was a deal that I couldnt resist...........
........so what, how many guys asked to molest your snake?

Old 01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by BACES
he's 23.....dude makes me sick. owns some kind of corporation.
OK, crazy stuff to be that young with that much money.

Anyhow..........DAMN YOU BACES for embedding the massive video. Everytime I try to quote something in this thread it locks my machine up!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by XLR8SN
But hey Chris.....I got pictures of the completed project at least if you want to see them.
Please Share

BTW...are you related to a Nicole Kashiwabara?

Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by GZire
........so what, how many guys asked to molest your snake?

Now that was funny. So far zero. A good thing too. It was supposed to dyno something like 500 rwhp and 500+ torque. I dont think that I will be lending out those keys...no offense to anyone. For that matter...I wonder if I will be okay with that as well. Hope the stevadores dont help me in that department as well....one of my biggest fears.

Baces-I sent the files to 5-O...I can send them to you via e-mail. Stupid pics needs to be resized. They sent me 11MB file sizes.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:45 AM
^pm'd! thanks!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Now that was funny. So far zero. A good thing too. It was supposed to dyno something like 500 rwhp and 500+ torque. I dont think that I will be lending out those keys...no offense to anyone. For that matter...I wonder if I will be okay with that as well. Hope the stevadores dont help me in that department as well....one of my biggest fears.
OK I call dibs on shotgun when you get the car.

I've done a lot of work in the waterfront area. If this was a rental or normal car they are going to fly it down the pier.

If they know how much money it is and more importantly power, I seriously doubt they'd fly it. I saw a Z8 on Maui once, the guys never got the car up past 15 mph and these are the same guys who would rip down the pier doing 40-45 mph.

My suggestion to you is to call the shippers when they are sending the car and advise them as to the dollar value and power of the car and how much you'll be suing them for if it gets messed up. Closed container right?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by ak808
is that the guy that owns the gallardo? Dunno gtr is nice and all but I'd rather invest in dope *** house. Dunno maybe I'm just getting old.
not that guy... this guy owns blue 350z that was in the last HIN.

David, thanks for the pics.. what year is that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Buying a GTR??