Hawaii Honolulu

Two Requests

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Requests

Aloha Kakou. Even though I'm a longtime visitor to the site, this is my first post. I must say, you folks have some truly beautiful cars. And judging from the fact that I must see a different G35 or Z on my way home at night (eastbound on Kal. Hwy), it seems our community of G/Z owners is growing daily.

I have two questions: (1) There was a thread in the forum about some poor soul who was looking for a hook up to fix his wheel. Unfortunately, I need a name/tel. no. as well. I just affectionately rubbed up against a curb while trying to park on a narrow street in Manoa. Heartbreaking sound. Someone dropped the name "Freddy's". Is this the guy off Queen Street? I've called and been by the shop, but it doesn't look open. Any other names? Otherwise, I'd be looking to replace my L Front Stock 18" alloy rim if anyone have any leads on that.

(2) I bought my G35 to replace my prior car which was stolen, stripped, and left to rot in the backfields of Waimanalo. What hurt the most was losing my aftermarket audio. Basically, an all-Alpine system, with the exception of Boston Acoustics separates in the front and the sub tube in the trunk. I must've dropped $3-4K putting it together. Anyone have any pics of their center console with an aftermarket system installed? I am wondering how the double din looks. I anticipate installing an EQ as well. Just curious to see what my options are.

Mucho Mahalo gang.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Two Requests

Can't help with rim issue...

but here's my doubleDIN DIY with pix of final product at the end.....

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=33

Here's a detailed and extensive thread generated from my original post on my doubleDIN conversion...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&sb=5&part=all

If you have any further questions, PM me. I'll be happy to help. I live on the Big Island so I won't be able to show you my car's setup.

doc

Old 10-13-2004, 08:11 PM

BTW, if you are thinking of using the upper glove box to house a DIN EQ or deck, god_of_cpu (aka Chuck Holbrook)should be coming out with these this month or next month.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&sb=5&part=all

doc

Old 10-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About that shop Freddy's... The onwer's name is Clyde... His hours of operation are from 7pm until 12am or later... usually whenevr he feels like working til'... He's a pretty nice guy when you get to know him... But when you first meet him... he's kind of grumpy...

< aRTiFiCiaL iNTeLLiGeNCe iS nO MaTcH fOr NaTuRaL sTupiDiTy >

Old 10-13-2004, 11:14 PM

Dr. Joe:

Thanks for the link. I think I just wet myself looking at your gorgeous install. Now that I've seen what can be done, I am MUCH more comfortable about going forward.

On the idea of using the upper glove box, I have to admit that I was eyeing that space also. I did a caveman's version of the same thing with my very first car 20 years ago, hiding my aftermarket stereo in the glove box so it appeared stock to thwart theives at the beach. But with the beautiful appearance of your install, makes more sense to do it right.

Thanks again.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 PM

JDB:

Thanks for the info. on Freddy's. I'll give him a call. I'm pretty anxious to get rid of my curb rash....His work hours sound like mine...and so does his demeanor...!

Thanks again.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:26 AM

mahalo....I agree. I simply don't like the appearence of the stock HU, I think the tape slot looks cheap and flimsy. coverting to doubleDIN gives you so many more choices for HU.

doc

Old 10-16-2004, 07:53 PM

Aloha all:

I contacted Clyde (nice guy) and learned it would take approximately 2 weeks to correct the curb rash. I didn't want to run that long on my spare, so I coughed up for a new front wheel. If anyone "runs into" a similar situation, I can offer up the temporary use of my old rim (stock 18") while yours is repaired, free of charge. Drop me an email. H F I L at h o t m a i l. Thanks again for the info.

Old 10-18-2004, 07:54 PM

Just FYI...don't believe Clyde when he tells ya it'll take a "couple of weeks". He had my rims for over 5 mos. I was calling him every other week in the beginning, then every week...each time he said he'd need another week. He does good work, but he has no clue when he'll actually be done. If you can wait, then it's all good. Just don't expect him to expedite your rims...unless you're a cop or something. From what he said, the cops get priority.

- NICNoobie
2003.0 AT Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium\Graphite\Clear Corners\AEM Intake (w/BV)\Eibach Pro Kit\Eibach Sways

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 10-18-2004, 08:43 PM

Clyde is a good guy and he does excellent work...I had proof but I sold the set just about 3 weeks ago...As for fixing your stock wheels because of a curbage I say to just buy a new rim or a used on if possible...Its just not worth the effort to fix it also he is going to have no way to recoat it (Graphite Paint). Thats just my opinion but its alot cheaper that way! Aloha!

Bo Toichi
04 G35C Diamond Graphite
19" Volk GTC w/ Nitto 555