Hawaii Honolulu

Life, death, and resurrection of my G37 (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sixdirty6
I almost had a heart attack when Ox told me that you crashed your car, lay off that VDC button man! Car looks hot, slow down so that I can catch up.....=)
Lol thanks man! I almost had a heart attack myself!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Took this on Sunday. Took her on around the island cruise.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^I hope you ain't rocking the panda underwear too..........

Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Nah leopard print is more rawrrrr!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Looking good. one reason why people see the yellow coated Cf hoods and other body parts is because they don't get them cleared. when they are shipped it is a gel coat and should be sanded down and resprayed clear. Today mark the official 11month since I dropped my car off at the shop. but they are working on it and its coming along nicely. I posted some pics on the VQ_INC FB page.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
looks clean i like the contrast maybe a drop in the future

Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck D
Looking good. one reason why people see the yellow coated Cf hoods and other body parts is because they don't get them cleared. when they are shipped it is a gel coat and should be sanded down and resprayed clear. Today mark the official 11month since I dropped my car off at the shop. but they are working on it and its coming along nicely. I posted some pics on the VQ_INC FB page.
11 months? Damn! I was out of my G for 4 months and I was going nuts already. My CF stuff is clear coated so I guess it will look nice forever lol.

Originally Posted by iamericgee
looks clean i like the contrast maybe a drop in the future
Thanks. IMO the pics don't gie the car justice. Looks much better in person.

Played with some photoshop for a bit hehe. Will take much better pictures once I get the spoiler.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh yeah can anyone recommend a nice front license plate bracket? I don't wanna drill holes on the bumper!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I agree on the drop. as for the plate you can get the show and go one. if you had a g35 with the stock front you could get the tow hook but only other way i see is to get the show n go there are several venders that have them there is motorized and non

Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Chuck D
I agree on the drop. as for the plate you can get the show and go one. if you had a g35 with the stock front you could get the tow hook but only other way i see is to get the show n go there are several venders that have them there is motorized and non
Thanks!

Drop is coming. Just not now. I'm having issues with the rims, they're either off-balance or not hub centric. Went to their website and apparently they're hub centric so idk why I have vibration. If I drop it now it will only amplify the vibration.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
id have a heart attack everytime a cop drives by me if i had ur head/tail lights

Old 05-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah I know. Passed a solo bike that was gunning and I was sure he was gonna pull me over because of no front plate.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Dude...

So your car is the one I've been hearing about ever since the cruise... I see why they are getting our cars confused, but if they looked carefully, there are lots of differences. I paid almost 5g'z for my full custom paint job... and after today and having someone actually approach me and ask if my car was yours, I am going to repaint my white a different color... Grrr...

Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
G looks good but id go with different wheels IMO

Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Jadez_Penguin08
So your car is the one I've been hearing about ever since the cruise... I see why they are getting our cars confused, but if they looked carefully, there are lots of differences. I paid almost 5g'z for my full custom paint job... and after today and having someone actually approach me and ask if my car was yours, I am going to repaint my white a different color... Grrr...
No need to get mad man. Our cars are similar at first glance but upon close inspection there's some very noticeable differences. First thing that jumps at me is your hood and front bumper. I have a CF hood and you have a black stripe that ends at the bumper. I have smoked headlights and yours are stock. Didn't see any shots of the rear of your car but this is how mine looks like.

CF trunk lid and spoiler, black rear valance and tinted tail lights.

Looking at your car makes me believe that my headlights might actually look better on your car. You have too much black towards the center of the front. I think the smoked headlights would accent your car nicely. If interested I'm willing to do a headlight swap.
Originally Posted by gshadyz
G looks good but id go with different wheels IMO
I'm on the fence about the rims. They look okay, but they're quite heavy. But until I can afford a set of HRE's or Advans, then this is what I'm sticking with. Unless someone here makes me a serious offer lol. They are 20x8.5 +25 and 20x10 +30. They should fit any G or Z car from 2003+.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Life, death, and resurrection of my G37 (pics)