Hawaii Honolulu

help buying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help buying

hey everyone, i'm interested in purchasing a 05 6spd coupe some time soon. i'm looking for a base model with only a rear spoiler (is it recommended to get the aero kit/spoiler or just spoiler). but i wanted to know for those who have purchased from infiniti of honolulu which dealers you have delt with and whom you'd recommend seeing for the best customer service and price. also how much you have paid for your g35 (not the total price but i'd prefer to know how much below msrp you got it for if you did at all). how hard is it to get below msrp when there is only one infiniti dealer on the island? thx for any feedback and hopefully i won't have to stare at every g coupe in envy when i drive down the road soon .

Old 04-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Awww crap. This is going to be the second time that I am writing this....stupid computer froze.

Anyhow...first of all...congrats on thinking about a G35. It has been over 2 years and I never regreted my choice.

As far as the sales person to talk to...I will tell you the same thing that I have recommended to everyone else. Go and see Richard Crabbe. Make an appointment though, he is a little hard to catch at times with everyone trying to see him. The wait is worth it though...so far, all of the people that I had recommended to see him, there has been NOT one single complaint. He is very helpful and will do the best that he can to get you a good price. Now I dont know about below MSRP.....but like I said, he will do the best that he can within company policy and guide lines of course. Real funny and zainy guy,....but very sociable and easy to work with.

Now as for the other question, my answer would be to opt for the aero package. If you are going to get the spoiler, you might as well get the diffusers as well. Make it all FUNCTIONAL at least. Plus at least it gurantees that the 3rd brake light will be on the spoiler versus on both places....inside the car AND on the spoiler...ick...

While you are at it....dont forget to get the wheel package. 19" FORGED rims.....nuff said.

Good luck, and see you soon at our events and on the road. Dont forget that peri06 has G35 stickers as well. BTW...what color are you getting?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ yeah, Richard Crabbe is the man. he gets down to business. no beating around the bush here. he works wonders, trust me.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:08 PM
thx for all the help. i actually had richard's name written down after reading the other threads. i was interested in IP with stone interior and about the wheel package, doesn't the g come with 19" rims if you get the 6spd? i guess you're talking about different rims...

Old 04-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Not sure about the rims, but you should still see RC. He'll give you a good deal.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by blazed54
thx for all the help. i actually had richard's name written down after reading the other threads. i was interested in IP with stone interior and about the wheel package, doesn't the g come with 19" rims if you get the 6spd? i guess you're talking about different rims...

My bad....yes the 19's are included. Sorry about that.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I think saw an 6MT Ivory Pearl/Stone Leather last month on thier garage. But I don't think it had the Aero Package. The 6MT coupes have to be preordered and then you'll have to wait 3 months. Local dealer's inventory has been updated online.

Last edited by LiquidG; 04-08-2005 at 05:28 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Didn't they change infiniti's order system so that now you don't have to wait the 3 months from order to build/ship... so that now you can take a unit in production and it'll be changed to your specs.

Well that is unless the waiting list still makes it 3 months long hehehe...

Old 04-09-2005, 02:39 AM
My preordered 2005 G35C 6MT is finally here, they won't let me have a better bargain than offering me $500 below MSRP, that's it.
Now, is this a good deal in Hawaii??? Did anyone have a better deal? Thanks

Old 04-09-2005, 08:31 PM
hey, that's the one i'm gonna get! have u tried sitting in the coupe w/ the prem pkg? it's pretty sick. even tho no intelligent key, it has a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel and the dashboard's power too, unlike the base models.

according to infiniti.com, the MSRP for the '05 6MT is the following (2nd number is invoice, per Edmunds.com w/ 96813 zip):

Base MSRP: $33,150/ 30,488
Aero w/ sp: $1200/ 949
Dest. chgs: $610/ na
Subtotal: $34,960/ 32,047

If you get the $2,450/ 2,112 prem pkg, the total MSRP sticker to $37,410/ 34,159.

obviously, choose the car that best fits your budget otherwise you'll be selling your car sooner than you'd like. either way, you can't really go wrong and the niceties are just 'nice' - the coupe is a great car even in base form.

lastly, regarding price, keep in mind the following:
1) Infiniti of HNL does NOT believe in necessarily giving their clients the best deals but rather leaves it up to the salespeople to charge as much markup as they want (unlike Servco Lexus or Mercedes-Benz of HNL), and i think up until recently, they were still selling the few 2004 I35s w/ markup. so definitely deal w/ a salesperson you can trust, and RC would make an excellent choice.
2) The MSRP is always a "guideline" for pricing and the dealer almost always tacks on the "adj. mkt value" to the sticker. rather, when you go into the dealer, use the invoice per edmunds, etc., and work your way up from there. Consumer Reports recommends a 5% profit over cost and dest. (or $35,867 for a fully loaded $37K 6MT model), but that really may not apply to the more popular models.
3) Infiniti of HNL was selling almost all of their 2005 G35 coupes and sedans NEW for $500 below MSRP just a few weeks ago at their 1-yr annivesary sale. NOTHING ever goes for below MSRP (before negotiations) since they took over. (i'm not going to say anything about whether you can get the same pricing or not, cuz that will depend on your negotiations. just keep this in mind.)
4) don't trade in your vehicle cuz even if you get a good deal on the '05 coupe, you'll probably lose out on your trade-in. and it helps to get pre-approved before you start negotiating (unless you have near perfect credit and can get the promo financing.
5) everyone says you have to preorder, and yes, it takes upwards of 3 mos. to get your car but the demand is really more so for the M, so for the G, i think it's cooled down a bit to the point where you may be able to get one off the lot (just make sure it's never been test driven), but ask your salesperson to inform you. they get a handful of dealer-ordered (not customer pre-ordered) coupes that match the specs that you're looking for, but there are few of these at the beginning (?) of ea. month.

anyways, good luck!

Old 04-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Here's my latest sample of an Base 05 Coupe 6MT
Sale Price $33,260
4.166%Tax $ 1,393
Doc. Fee $ 195
Reg.Lic $ 147

= Good Deal?

Old 04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by LiquidG
Here's my latest sample of an Base 05 Coupe 6MT
Sale Price $33,260
4.166%Tax $ 1,393
Doc. Fee $ 195
Reg.Lic $ 147

= Good Deal?
sale price is msrp? or a little less? other hawaii g35 drivers have said they got their new base 6spds for $33k out the door. so that would mean a sale price of roughly $31.5k? ask around. i'll probably get a used g from a private seller so that i won't have to deal with tax...or will there still be tax involved?

Old 04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
$33,260 (destination & handling included)
I'm having $34,996 OTD for a base 6MT coupe! I haven't signed the papers yet. $33k OTD is impossible (like the sales manager always say two days ago)! Can someone clarify these? Or was that kind of deal only through RC?

Last edited by LiquidG; 04-10-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:43 PM
sale price is msrp? or a little less? other hawaii g35 drivers have said they got their new base 6spds for $33k out the door. so that would mean a sale price of roughly $31.5k? ask around. i'll probably get a used g from a private seller so that i won't have to deal with tax...or will there still be tax involved?
I belive no tax will be involved unless you buy a used one from a dealer...

Old 04-11-2005, 04:04 AM
Holy smokes! If you can get one equipped with the stuff you want, in the color you want, for under MSRP, you should buy it.

I paid msrp from for my base 6-spd, no options. Out the door was like $35k. There was no budging from the price.

Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help buying