Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdbinspired
1. 808HerbzG35
2. jdbinspired
...Just look at the list. See, "weak."

Old 09-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wazzup all....

Just got my G a few weeks ago and would like to get to know all of you. Sorry to see that there was such a weak turn out of "G's".

It must of been painful to see all those NSX's and a handful of "G's".

I see so many of our "G's" on the street why such the low interest in the club???

Anyway... would be interested in future events, though mine is straight up stock. But still a "G".

Attached Thumbnails Sunday Cruise???????-g.jpg  
Old 09-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Nothing wrong with stock. Nice new DG, so reflective, congrats!

Old 09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks 808HerbzG35...

I try to keep her clean as much as possible, but living on the windward side has one major draw back.... it always rains on the way over to town.

But it never rains on the way back....

Anyway... would enjoy seeing all the G's together someday.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Probably someone needs to contact and/or PM Drew. Has he mentioned anything of someone succeeding him or anything like that???

This is really disappointing to me after the hard year and a halfs of hard work.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:22 AM
I'll try, i only think he's on here to try and sell off his stuff. Oh,well <sigh> yeah, anyone should just try and do it. preferably someone with people skills, hmmmmmm. i nominate our past pres. haha, just kidding dave. but you were very good at it.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ghedup_n808
Wazzup all....

I see so many of our "G's" on the street why such the low interest in the club???
There used to be a time where each outing had at least 20-30 Gs. (back in the day when XLR8SN used to run it.) Club officers started being a bunch of flakes, and not care/help out on events, that things just started fallin thru the cracks.

All the time and effort that XLR8SN put into making the club active in the community, decent size, and good reputation (he even managed to "unite" all the Nissan clubs of Hawaii, for community events and such) has been wasted and the once G35 Club of Hawaii is nowhere on the map.

Everyone wants to do something, yet noone is willing to give some time and effort to help out and make it happen. They just sit on their a$$ and wait for other people to do it, and then just act like THEY did it... Sad to see so many losers and flakes. If the shoe fits, flame me. I dont care.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:35 PM
^... no ones gonna be flaming you... because it's true... if they do flame... they don't know what they talking about to begin with...

Old 09-07-2005, 01:13 AM
I'd go for a cruise but I'm kinda shy. Not in the club though. Would just show up to add to the numbers.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 AM
screw the BS....lets reunite the G's of hawaii..

What do you think?

Old 09-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by BACES
screw the BS....lets reunite the G's of hawaii..

What do you think?
I agree.... not sure exactly what needs to happen to get this thing going again or even where to start.

However, I will do my part to help out this cause. I'm pretty sure those who frequent this forum will participate too, since I believe just being on this forum demonstrates interest in the "G" in the bigger scheme of things.

I'm in.... time, date and place pleassssseeeeeee.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
If you want this to be something bigger than it is...are you really prepared for it? A club of any magnitude, can not be ran like a hobby,...it is a job. You can call it anything else that you want, but for the ones that are in charge, it is like having another full time job. It all depends on what you want to make of it. If you want to make it a reputable organization, you will need to have many people and things involved...dedicated and HARD working people, therefore that is why it equals second JOB....without pay.

Honestly, I am not trying to discourage anyone from doing this, just that if you are going to do this, do it right and stay the course. You will need a lot of internal/external support, monies, and people that are willing to go through "hell" with you and still be able to walk back out. Everyone wants something, yet so few actually put anything in to make something out of it. And that applies to a lot of things in life...not just a club.

Dont get me wrong. It is rewarding and I smile when I think of all the things that have been accomplished in that one year. I have met some of the greatest friends and nicest people from being involved and organizing events and activties. Just be wary that to get something even as simple as a club together will take commited and hard work.

I have no regrets over the privilege in being able to guide the outcome of events for the time that I was given. There were some disappointments and hardships along the way. If it were not for the people that picked up the slack and carried me along the way, I dont think that I would have made it. For that I am grateful to those people and that is why those people are forever close to me. One of the many joys that I got out of it, outweight the downfalls and disappointments.

What will the club be based on? Who will it serve? What will be the main "bylaw"? Whats the objective? These simple questions will dictate the direction that you will have to consider.

Yes it is simple to have a club, but it is hard to keep it together and always moving forward if you dont have the support and hard work in mind. That is what I am cautioning anyone about. Doing anything "right" takes hard work and commitment, like anything else in life.

The same group of us still go to movies, still have dinners, still go to the SCCA events (now), the door has always been open to those interested.

My $.04 for the moment. Wish all the best and watching for the outcome.

Last edited by XLR8SN; 09-07-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Dave of EFI Ultd. told me the trials of starting a club. There's TONS of responcibility, and a lot of money has come out of his pocket to support EFI Ultd. His efforts has certainly paid off, as EFI Ultd. is one of the more prestigious and well organized clubs in Hawaii, and in various places on the mainland U.S.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 636Racer
Dave of EFI Ultd. told me the trials of starting a club. There's TONS of responcibility, and a lot of money has come out of his pocket to support EFI Ultd. His efforts has certainly paid off, as EFI Ultd. is one of the more prestigious and well organized clubs in Hawaii, and in various places on the mainland U.S.
i know Dave! EFI is the s.hit, hands down.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Excuse my stupidity. Just my thoughts. It's a real pain in the A$$ to be president of any club. Dealing with all the U know what from everybody. This guy wants this and that guy wants that. You know what I mean.
What if a group of g's just got together and went for a ride somewhere.
Shave ice North Shore and back or something.
I dunno. What you guy's think?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sunday Cruise???????