Hawaii Honolulu

Ever had your......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever had your......

Battery leak like a hole was punched in it and have your A/C fall apart (literally) in your G??

Well....I can raise my hand to both of those things. Crap. Looks like the compressor clutch and shaft sheared from the pulley since it was at the bottom of my engine. Lovely. Ick....oh well, there is always a first for something I guess.

Had to grab an Optima battery since my last one leaked and made a hole in my battery pan and corroded the bolt so bad that I cant remove it now. Must admit though...to remove the stock battery was a major pain in the butt. Need smaller hands and/or another person to help you grab the battery as you lift it up.

Both happened in less than 4 months from each other. Pushing your car from the middle of King Street into a nearby gas station was not too cool. Talk about making an @$$ of yourself. Darn.

Well, hope that they can repair my AC quickly. Thank gosh for warranty on our cars. Okay, enough ranting now....feel a little better.

Is my car ready yet???????

Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow... Yes... thank goodness for warranty

Old 11-08-2005, 03:34 PM
i kid you not. the battery is a b*tch to get out and back in w/out bang'in it against crap. put a honda optima battery maybe??

Old 11-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Wow david that's alot of funky stuff...

Hmm that reminds me don't we have some kinda road side assistance thing that comes with the vehicle... the sales guy was telling me something about it, but at that point I just wanted to drive the sucker home lol...

Old 11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
How'd the hole get in the battery in the first place?

Old 11-08-2005, 03:58 PM
sorry to hear that dave. not much luck with with the car, i remember when tatsu saw u changing your tire in dowtown with your tieover your shoulder then the knocking and now this. time for a new engine with two huge snails??? =P But I feel your pain, i had so many things big and small go wrong the my G and it is such a pain to fix one thing and then something else break. well hope you got your G back so u can take it to scca.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by GZire
How'd the hole get in the battery in the first place?
Sorry...meant like a hole was in the battery. It was leaking from the top and bottom I think. When I lifted it..it was dripping a little and darn thing got all over me too. Oh well. Its almost like it got pressurized and kind of imploded and blew the seals. Kind of odd. Then again my dad's QX4 battery sort of did the same thing as well. The funniest part was that I just picked up the new Optima battery and got stalled in the middle of King Street with the new battery in the trunk. I had to laugh and cry at the same time.

We have AAA roadside assistance and the KREX thing as well. Didnt call since I had the battery in the trunk and tools to take care of it. Just could have used the help when I was pushing it across King Street...freaking 2 lanes and into a driveway never felt so far away. Speaking of which, that battery is so tucked in the back that you will need a cresent wrench or closed end wrech to pull off that terminal connection. Sockets does not work. Ask me how I know that one.

Anyhow...still waiting to see whats up with my G. The part was supposed to be ordered yesterday and arriving today. The loaner is okaaaayyyyy buuuutt, its always nice to have your own car back. But I get to park a lot closer to the stores and place now.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by mdnt
sorry to hear that dave. not much luck with with the car, i remember when tatsu saw u changing your tire in dowtown with your tieover your shoulder then the knocking and now this. time for a new engine with two huge snails??? =P But I feel your pain, i had so many things big and small go wrong the my G and it is such a pain to fix one thing and then something else break. well hope you got your G back so u can take it to scca.

LOL...oh almost forgot about that one. That was embarrassing as well. Dammit. Such inopportune moments in my life.

For the most part, things have been okay for having one of the first generation G35's and all. There are some gremlins yes I agree.....but still so far I enjoy the car. Having 50K PLUS miles probably doesnt help....but I can be the long term case scenario for everyone else.

The new engine and all.....is not yet time. More work to do yet before that all happens. Need to complete all of the preparations before that all happens. Need to custom fabricate a lot of parts soon though...thats going to cost me a lot. *Sigh* Things that you do just to be different and "the only one"..ick.

True..SCCA is this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to make it. Either that or I am going to run my Camry.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear. i've been in similar situations though. not in the G though. i ran out of gas on the freeway by waikele in my lowrider. i was in the middle lane. by myself, and parked it there too since cars were flying pass. i didn't have a cell phone on me either!

run the rental at SCCA!

Old 11-08-2005, 04:51 PM
What, battery was easy brah. Guess cause i don't have those sausage type fingers. I was installing my ground wires and i dropped a nut down in the bottom of the battery compartment. What a freakin PITA. SOOOO many little nuts and bolts. Even droped a few in that front tray under the radiator,WTF. Had it so much easier with every other car i owned. Maybe ill just relocate the battery to the trunk then.
Sucks for you man, haha. Well, if you get stuck again on a tues/thurs i'm in town +i owe you But hopefully that won't happen again(fingers crossed)

Old 11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
^ ROFL!!!!!! sausage fingers!

Old 11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by sen_jen
run the rental at SCCA!
Shhhhhhh. Heh heh heh...

Sausage fingers??? Hmmmmm okay. STHeckU (thought to be a little more polite.....LOL) since it was these sausage fingers that did all the work on your car with Julio. Along with your fog lights. Unappreciative young punk kids these days.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
lesbians with sausage fingers are considered well endowed

Old 11-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
lesbians with sausage fingers are considered well endowed
Ehhhh??? What are you refering to??? The order of comments in context is a little odd over here.

Funny though.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
sausage fingers also doesn't represent one's "package" either lol. i ran rentals a lot during the Evolution days! angry guy at the xmas tree would always tell me, "another fawking rental huh?" hahaha!! if you haven't driven a Viper, you better rent one ASAP!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.