Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions Exhaust Vs. HKS HI Power Ti Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rick,

I have received a few PM's with regards to the Intimidator exhaust. Having no personal experience with the exhaust myself, I could not comment either way about the said. As I responded . . . I am sure that it is very good exhaust set-up based on what I have seen/read on these boards.

Might I suggest that you folks fab and release 6 sets at a discounted price and allow the members' follow-up reviews to answer any hidden concerns, which people may have? I know that you have an independent review. However, I sensed per the PM's that I received, that may not be enough.

In any event, you folks seem to have an excellent product to offer. I trust that this is the beginning of a very productive project for all.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Rick,

I have received a few PM's with regards to the Intimidator exhaust. Having no personal experience with the exhaust myself, I could not comment either way about the said. As I responded . . . I am sure that it is very good exhaust set-up based on what I have seen/read on these boards.

Might I suggest that you folks fab and release 6 sets at a discounted price and allow the members' follow-up reviews to answer any hidden concerns, which people may have? I know that you have an independent review. However, I sensed per the PM's that I received, that may not be enough.

In any event, you folks seem to have an excellent product to offer. I trust that this is the beginning of a very productive project for all.
I understand what your saying - and the others for that fact. We have several systems out there - that were for our test cars as well as those who bought the system who didn't want to wait. They have spoken up about what they think about the system, and every time they do that, they are challenged by members about being 'paid to say it', because they got special deals, etc. etc.

There's a thread out there with video from the first system off the line just last week - he paid full price weeks ago. I hope people have asked him questions. Our first test G35, prior to that sale, posted and has several times, and I hope he has fielded PM's too. So has out original test 350Z driver.

All I can say is - we've been there and done that - we get challenged when we do and when we don't. At some point you guys just have to step up and do it, or wait and listen and then spend more money - which to me is foolish - but in this instance I'd be biased to a degree.

I know this system - I helped design it for my own use - not yours in the end - sorry, but that's the truth. Then the guys and I decided that we should share the success with you all. After all - I know how tired I was hearing everyone else complain about their exhaust - not to mention my own woes.

Trust me - I didn't want you all to have it. I wanted to be the only one with something different and special out there. But these guys are really cool. They know what they are doing and are super talented. They've been doing this for years and have built thousands of custom systems. I know you don't know me personally - but for those that do - I don't take my reputation lightly - or put it out there for just anything. I have a day job - this is just a way for me to say - HERE...a gift you really want...enjoy it, because I know you will.

For me it's simple. Most of you will likely buy 2-3 exhaust systems, or more, and even change ones you buy to try and make them actually sound right/better. You know I'm right and your afraid of doing it one more time and just have decided on settling with what you have. I know it...I was there too...I was there 9 times and 4 more custom times....then we did it right after a few more times. But that's research for ya!

What else????? Keep the chat going...PM me if you want...

I'm here...

Rick

Old 06-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want something done right.....just do it yourself, eh Rick?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Miller5223
If you want something done right.....just do it yourself, eh Rick?
Just trying to avoid others from feeling the pain too

Old 06-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last question ...........how large is the exhaust tip? compare to stock size

Old 06-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by G-Tofu
last question ...........how large is the exhaust tip? compare to stock size
Same size actually - 4 1/2" - but it is a double walled and tolled tip - so it is more prevalent and stands out much better.

Rick

Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Today Is The Last Day - Midnight Marks The End!!

Today Is The Last Chance To Sign-up!!

Midnight Rings In The Close Of The Group Buy!!!

Sign-up Now And Save $400 On The Intimidator Catback Of Your Choice!!

Don't Forget Testpipes - Double Your Gains!!!

Rick