Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions Exhaust Vs. HKS HI Power Ti Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Intentions Exhaust Vs. HKS HI Power Ti Exhaust.

I have noticed that both of these exhaust are similar in price. I am in the market for a new exhaust. How do these two compare in sound, and power? I am leaning towards the HKS because imho it looks better on the car. Is there any drone issues with the two and has anyone compared the two side by side?

Old 05-28-2006, 04:09 PM
There is a group buy going on for the Fast Intentions.

I have researched this exhaust on this web site and the Fast Intentions site. I am about 90% convinced that it is a very good exhaust. Sound is excellent (clips availiable on Fast Intentions web-site) w/no discernable drone. Craftmanship seems excellent.

However, it is a brand new product and not proven like the HKS. Nonetheless, I am willing to take a chance and buy the the Fast Intention exhaust if I can get it for the 18 plus group buy price ($800 for aluminized, 930 for stainless steel).

For that price I will buy. I have my credit card ready and will post on this site my opinion. If I were the F.Int. people I would sell me the unit so that I could rave about it here

At this point it is up to whether or not Rick and the Fast Intentions people will sell me the exhuast for the above stated price. So......

Rick: Why don't you sell me the exhaust now, and I will install it by Friday and post by saturday?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-28-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:53 AM
THE BATMOBILE
cant go wrong either way

Old 05-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
There is a group buy going on for the Fast Intentions.

I have researched this exhaust on this web site and the Fast Intentions site. I am about 90% convinced that it is a very good exhaust. Sound is excellent (clips availiable on Fast Intentions web-site) w/no discernable drone. Craftmanship seems excellent.

However, it is a brand new product and not proven like the HKS. Nonetheless, I am willing to take a chance and buy the the Fast Intention exhaust if I can get it for the 18 plus group buy price ($800 for aluminized, 930 for stainless steel).

For that price I will buy. I have my credit card ready and will post on this site my opinion. If I were the F.Int. people I would sell me the unit so that I could rave about it here

At this point it is up to whether or not Rick and the Fast Intentions people will sell me the exhaust for the above stated price. So......

Rick: Why don't you sell me the exhaust now, and I will install it by Friday and post by saturday?
Nice try buddy! Not fair to the rest though!

Listen - we have several installs and reviews already out there from independents and test cars..PM THEM! Remember 0 HKS is proven only because of their name, and exhaust is far from their core business and focus...though it is complimentary, they are not an exhaust company, Fast Intentions is. The HKS system is very well built - not a bad system by any means - if that is the sound you want overall.

There are already about 4-5 threads on the Fast Intentions exhaust - lots of people are talking about it - for good reason!

Rick

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 05-30-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I like fast intension tips more.............and it sounds like a champ

Old 05-29-2006, 04:44 PM
You can't blame me for trying....plus, the more PR I give, the closer we get to 18

Old 05-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Redjapan, during the group buy the two systems aren't similiar in price. That's what made my choice so much easier after waiting so long to order my exhaust. Given that they were equal in price, I think I'd still go with the Fast Intention system but it's all about personal preference. Either way, you'll make the choice that makes you happy every time you get in the car everyday.

Last edited by Boston; 05-29-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
You can't blame me for trying....plus, the more PR I give, the closer we get to 18

Old 05-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Though the HKS is nice, I'd opt out for the FastIntention setup.

I'm looking to do mine something similar in the near future.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Though the HKS is nice, I'd opt out for the FastIntention setup.

I'm looking to do mine something similar in the near future.
Opt in quick...Group Buy on...

Rick

Old 05-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Opt in quick...Group Buy on...

Rick

Eh he, thanks for the offer. However, what I want is something better. A total header-back setup with some of my custom tweak to it.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Eh he, thanks for the offer. However, what I want is something better. A total header-back setup with some of my custom tweak to it.
Call the shop and talk to Tony...we can build anything...and we are going to build headers too...

RIck

Old 05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned
OK It's official!!!!! I HATE RICK Just when I figure on what I want he throws me yet another curve!!! But if you need a test car in RI, I gladly donate mine!! Sounds good Rick. Keep us updated and I'll probably put my name on the exhaust list this week............

Old 05-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by RebelinRI
OK It's official!!!!! I HATE RICK Just when I figure on what I want he throws me yet another curve!!! But if you need a test car in RI, I gladly donate mine!! Sounds good Rick. Keep us updated and I'll probably put my name on the exhaust list this week............
ummm...errr...it's all about the love mang!

Old 05-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Group Buy

Hey all -

Lets get this group buy up to 18 - the faster we do - the faster we can start collecting and building these systems - which means the faster you can get them...

We've got just under 2 weeks left...let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Exhaust Vs. HKS HI Power Ti Exhaust.