Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Single or Dual Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can run the numbers any way you like....it will still look terrible....but god bless you young man for perpetuating stereotypes.

I should add that I only posted part of my fiance's opinion of those types of exhausts. The rest was ..."I would never date them [owners of fart can adorned Japanese vehicles] because I would not be caught dead in a car w/ those mufflers."

Again, I am not flaming you, I am trying to help you. The G is a sophisticated car that cries out "I am tasteful, sporty, and luxuriously athletic." Why spoil that image?

If you like I can give you a link to get an Injen true dual exhaust that is clearance priced for $995.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-30-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm with others who see the single and dual exhausts as producing very similar results... ...as long as we're talking about staying NA.

As for a single tip or dual tips, as others have pointed out you will be left with the twin exhaust cut-outs in the OEM bumper. If you like the CF-wrapped cannisters and such, just use one on each side and have them properly aligned in the position of the OEM cannisters. ...Unless, that is, you're specifically looking to hang your cannister sideways just to show it off. They'll still be visible if they hang as the OEM cannisters do.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:28 PM
ok well i guess nevermind, i just got a free magnaflow from a friend who recked his car

Old 05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Originally Posted by holyfrickster
ok well i guess nevermind, i just got a free magnaflow from a friend who recked his car
Problem solved!!

Old 05-31-2006, 04:00 AM
THE BATMOBILE
the G cant pull off the single canister the way the s2k and Z's do

Old 05-31-2006, 06:08 AM
If it came with duals, then leave it with duals. I single can with an empty slot on the other side looks pretty lame or as someone already wrote "rice"

Old 06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
You can run the numbers any way you like....it will still look terrible....but god bless you young man for perpetuating stereotypes.

I should add that I only posted part of my fiance's opinion of those types of exhausts. The rest was ..."I would never date them [owners of fart can adorned Japanese vehicles] because I would not be caught dead in a car w/ those mufflers."

Again, I am not flaming you, I am trying to help you. The G is a sophisticated car that cries out "I am tasteful, sporty, and luxuriously athletic." Why spoil that image?

If you like I can give you a link to get an Injen true dual exhaust that is clearance priced for $995.
Don't hate on the single canister look or someone who wants to be different. Everyone is entiled to there own style. That's why your "Asian American" fiance is with you and not a brother. To each their own. Right!?

As for the G being sophisticated and all, why do anyone do any mods to it? If its so perfect, why do we even post anything on this site? We all know what the G represents. There's not much you can do to change its image of sophistication and performance. ITS A PERFECT CAR IN MANY FORMS. So a little change here and there won't kill anyone.

Would you say the HKS Ti exhaust system make the G look ghetto?

It not a single, but its angled, big and burnt tip. Its this "rice"? I don't think so. We all wish we can have that setup. Some people would like to have a different looking G. If they're not into the sleeper look, so be it. I've seen too many old farts and grandmas driving the G. It makes me feel old and slow. And I'm only 31! So if adding a single canister ex. or lowering my ride will increase my performance and make me feel better about my G, I'd do it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have a different looking G.

I think these guys know what they were doing when they built this G.
http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea..._pictures.html

AND LOOK. SINGLE CANISTER EXHAUST. Would you say these guys are "rice"

Old 06-01-2006, 03:03 PM
^^^ I couldn't agree more with your opinion. To each their own. If someone scrimped and saved to buy certain parts for their car, I'm not going to put them down just because it's not my taste.

But getting back on topic, if it fits your budget and taste, do it. It would probably be a much cheaper option if you get something you like the first time. Just beware that you could end up chasing the perfect exhaust note with custom exhausts, which could end up costing the same as buying a premade exhaust in the end.

As far as looks, I think the single cans look badass on supras, s2k's, Evo's, STi's, and maybe several other cars. But for some reason, it does not look the same on a G35. I think it's because the exhaust cutout is not on the very outside edge of the rear bumper like the previously mentioned cars. The G35 cutouts are more closer to the center of the bumper.

If you end up doing it, post pics. I'd like to see the end result.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sidewy8

holy hell yes that is rice. Christ, are you blind or something.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
holy hell yes that is rice. Christ, are you blind or something.
Did you see the rest of the car!? No, I'm not blind. Its all about the performance. Yeah, the paint job is an overkill, but we're not talking about that.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:53 PM
hehe, i'm selling the magnaflow soon, and doing the custom exhaust, with the i believe apexi black crome, And yes i would rather not have the magnaflow, i want to try something different, and thank you sidewy8, i have seen a couple custom apexi exhaust systems with the dual exit at an angle but i would like to try the single.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:34 PM

A couple more pictures with an hks muffler

Old 06-02-2006, 03:44 AM
Wow, is that a custom HKS setup? That looks like a really nice exhaust. It looks pretty good on that Z too.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Sideways (a reference to Paul Wall?): Although much of your post is thoughtful, I am sorry but I must stick w/ my original assesment: The single exhaust is the automotive-fashion equivalent of a mullet on a white guy. It looks dreadful and perpetuates less than desirable stereotypes.

Conversley, the HKS is an admirable work of art. Probably the exhaust I will purchase if I cannot get the Fast Intentions for the 18 group buy price.

As much as I hate to encourage 99's propensity for personal attacks on fellow posters, he is absolutely correct.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-02-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
I think these guys know what they were doing when they built this G.
http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea..._pictures.html

It should also be noted that the car pictured has an inline 4 cylinder engine, which completely negates any reason to have a dual exhaust.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Single or Dual Exhaust Thread