Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Greddy Evo2 Installed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greddy Evo2 Installed!!

Well, I finally got off my *** and took it to a shop to install the damn thing It looks really nice and fits really well. I was worried about it rubbing on rear sway bar, but there was no problem with clearance at all. It looks pretty nice but it's kinda hard to notice with my KS rear since the rear bumper covers up the exhaust really well. I was charged $150 for two hour of labor, and wasn't charged for new hoses for EVAP as my old ones were all cracked up. BTW, if you didn't know, EVAP relocation is necessary with this exhaust and it comes with H-shaped bracket for the relocation, which worked very nicely.

Now, for the sound. The sound is not much different than stock. It is slightly deeper and only ever so slightly louder than stock. I really like it because I like to keep the exhaust quiet on classy cars like ours. I'm sure it'll get louder once I get Fast Intentions test pipes in and maybe headers later, which is another reason why I liked it being quiet. As for power, I think there is slight increase in upper RPM's, and did not notice any toqrue loss on bottom end. But my butt dyno sucks, though

Overall, it's a quality piece and I'm really happy with it. I would have gotten Fast Intentions exhaust if I didn't pick this one up locally for 550... I couldn't pass it up for the price and condition it was in. If you are looking for something very close to stock in terms of sound and volume, Greddy Evo2 is a good choice.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics asap

Old 06-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rookie,

What made you decide to go w/ the UTEC? I decided to go w/ the Emanage Ultimate, but seriously considered the UTEC.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pics will come when I stop being lazy and wash the damn car...

Dr jitsu, I am not totally set on UTEC yet... I still need to do a lot more research before deciding on anything. However, I heard great things about it on Z/G's, WRX's, and Evo's. Also Turbo XS is not far from northern VA at all, which is another big reason why. Sorry for not being any help...