Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fujitsubo exhaust owners, please chime in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujitsubo exhaust owners, please chime in.

I am seriously thinking of getting this exhaust and I was wondering if you of you guys have regrets about it? Looks, sound, cleaning, etc?

Old 07-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I just bought one last week, picking it up tomorrow. It seems like everyone who owns the FUJI is extremely happy with it overall but especially the build quality. I know it sounds very close to stock maybe a tad louder and deeper. I wanted an OEM look so that's why I chose this particular one. I will be installing it tomorrow so I can't really give a personal review until then.

Cleaning should be much easier since all you have to do is wipe it down when washing the car.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Will a 350z fuji work? I just need a 8" extension right? Is our exhaust longer or y pipe longer?

Old 07-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ the G midpipe is longer than the Z's....y-pipes are the same

Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Banned
I bought a my fujitsubo setup used, Y pipe, exhaust. being used with stock manifold/cats. It seems to me even more quiet than the stock exhaust. I hardly even hear any noise from it, so if you're looking for low key its great.

The only thing i regret though, is that you lose that stock exhaust sound which i love so much. It still sounds sorta like that at certain tones, being that its a 6cyl, but not the same at all. Im probably gonna sell the exhaust, keep the y pipe, run stock exhaust, get hfcats and headers.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
So I got a chance to break the exhaust in yesterday because I drove about 500 miles total on the Hearst Castle Run down the coast.

At first when I installed the exhaust it was definitely more quiet than stock. Now it is definitely louder and deeper but not annoying. Sounds mean as hell. Just like everyone said before I bought the exhaust, it retained the stock sound with a deeper tone added.

When it heats up it sounds so SICK. I love it. Sounds sporty, aggressive yet classy at the same time. I am going to add Crawford HF cats and the Fuji Y-pipe later on when I go TT. So far I only have a Z-tube, JWT PC and the MD Mrev Plus (5/16) w/ copper TB heater thing.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
Will a 350z fuji work? I just need a 8" extension right? Is our exhaust longer or y pipe longer?
well, the exhaust itself will bolt up with the 8" extension (the hangers will fit) but the exhaust tips at the back will still be 2-3 inches short b/c the Z has a shorter rear bumper

here are some sound clips of my setup if that will help you. NOTE: mine is louder than a regular Fuji b/c i have other mods. i have Z-tube, Popcharger, TopSpeed Pro1 Headers, Crawford High flow cats, Fujitsubo Y-pipe, and Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust.... LINK TO CLIPS

Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I have the Fujitsubo with the y-pipe. It was relatively quiet when brand new, but after a few hundred miles it got much deeper and more aggressive sounding. IMO, it is the highest quality, best looking exhaust out there. The fitment is perfect and I love the oversized tailpipes that actually look like they fit the cutouts in the bumper. You wont be sorry - it's a great exhaust. I got mine at Gruppe-S for $849 incl. shipping. I called a few places and this was the best deal by far.

Last edited by CouperDouper; 07-10-2006 at 10:54 PM.