Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

does z tube void warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does z tube void warranty?

hey guys, i was just wondering if any of u can fill me in on whether or not the z tube woudl void the warranty on our g35's seeing that it is an oem nissan part

Old 08-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
search function does wonders

"they cant void your warranty unless they can prove the mod caused the prblem"

but you shouldnt have any problems with a ztube anyway..

but know that dealers will pretty much do anything in their power to get away with voiding your warranty

Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
then when engine problems, take out Z-tube when bring to dealer

Old 08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
search function does wonders

"they cant void your warranty unless they can prove the mod caused the prblem"

but you shouldnt have any problems with a ztube anyway..

but know that dealers will pretty much do anything in their power to get away with voiding your warranty
Dealer: Sorry sir. Your shocks can no longer be covered by your warranty. The weight difference in your Z-tube threw off the weight distribution of the overall car, which in turn caused irregular stress on the shocks that they normally would not have.

*edit*

Forum has filtered out all sarcasm. Please read again, with the following instructions. Massage sarcasm into sentence, lather, rinse, and repeat.

Last edited by Silverbolt; 08-20-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
^^ Are you serious? That's the biggest BS I've ever heard. What dealership was that?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
^^this guy

ive actually heard of crap like this though..

but you shouldnt ahve a problem..if you do just swap the gtube back in..

Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 PM
^^ Ya, you could do that. Or you could call out their stupid "weight distribution" garbage. Seems like the dealership thinks the z-tube is heavier than 4 people in a car and would cause your shocks to wear out.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:05 AM
If the Ztube voids your warranty, I'd expect every 350Z produced would roll off the floor with no warranty. Remember, you're not dealing with a Mitsubishi dealer (*sarcasm).

I would get it and not worry about it. There are many other more extreme mods available that would make the dealer suspicious, but the Z tube is on the very lesser end of the spectrum.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Shocks are not covered under warranty unless they leak, they are wear components and not covered for diminished stiffness.

People keep getting the dealership function confused. They have nothing to do with warranty other than being a direct reimbursed repair facility that stocks parts. They are obligated [by contract] to be the eyes and ears of Nissan and to report what they find and do what ever work Nissan approves.

They have to eventually get approval from Nissan for every WARRANTY REPAIR---however there are certain things on the Warranty List that don't repair previous approval.

The shop only has two sources of revenue YOU and NISSAN.

Members MUST learn how these things work in detail and how to bend [manipulate] the proceedures in YOUR FAVOR! The techs do what ever the Service Managers says to do.........the Parts Department worries about getting reimbursed for parts used out of inventory.

Defective failed warrantable parts must be saved for Nissan inspection and in many cases returned to Nissan Labs for detailed inspection even back to Japan as Nissan backbills the parts suppliers for failures.

They may allocate an average of $1000 [3%] per car for warranty, some may raise a RED FLAG at $2,000 all depends on the model. More later.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Dealer: Sorry sir. Your shocks can no longer be covered by your warranty. The weight difference in your Z-tube threw off the weight distribution of the overall car, which in turn caused irregular stress on the shocks that they normally would not have.
Thats so much BS...

Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Shocks are not covered under warranty unless they leak, they are wear components and not covered for diminished stiffness.

People keep getting the dealership function confused. They have nothing to do with warranty other than being a direct reimbursed repair facility that stocks parts. They are obligated [by contract] to be the eyes and ears of Nissan and to report what they find and do what ever work Nissan approves.

They have to eventually get approval from Nissan for every WARRANTY REPAIR---however there are certain things on the Warranty List that don't repair previous approval.

The shop only has two sources of revenue YOU and NISSAN.

Members MUST learn how these things work in detail and how to bend [manipulate] the proceedures in YOUR FAVOR! The techs do what ever the Service Managers says to do.........the Parts Department worries about getting reimbursed for parts used out of inventory.

Defective failed warrantable parts must be saved for Nissan inspection and in many cases returned to Nissan Labs for detailed inspection even back to Japan as Nissan backbills the parts suppliers for failures.

They may allocate an average of $1000 [3%] per car for warranty, some may raise a RED FLAG at $2,000 all depends on the model. More later.

*VERY* good info; thanks for sharing.

Interested to hear more.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:53 PM
oh, my bad. I meant for that to be a joke!

Forum has filtered out all sarcasm. Please read again, with the following instructions. Massage sarcasm into sentence, lather, rinse, and repeat.

Last edited by Silverbolt; 08-20-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Ive taken the fiances car up to the dealer several times since install of z tube and they have not once said anything about it. I also have a k&n filter drop in filter and the dealer told me it would void warranty because the fitment wasnt the same as a stock filter causing sensors to go bad. I called BS on him and installed it anyway with no problems. Fit snug to me. If i ever have a check engine ill just pop another stocker in there. The last time it was up there for the 30K service they said they were going to change the filter(the K&N was in then) I told them not to worry about changing it and they didn't charge us for a filter and "labor".