Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

CAI, HKS Hi-Power and Testpipes Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI, HKS Hi-Power and Testpipes Installed!!!

Well as the tittle says I finally got all these goodies installed. It was my initial plan to have everything on before the Nopi Nationals last month but thanks to DHL who lost half my exhaust in the mail I was unable to. I nstalled my Pop charger and Stillen G-tube myself and I had Sharif @ Forged Performance install my HKS exhaust, Fast Intentions resonated testpipes and Clutchmasters stg.3 clutch/flywheel (review coming later on) installed. Everything was installed perfect, the exhuast sounds awesome, very little if any rasp and of course there is zero drone on the interior which is why I love the HKS. The car seems to pull noticeably stronger on the high end, infact I've noticed the entire power curve has shifted more towards the top end and the driving experience has become far more visceral now. Sharif put the car on the dyno but was unable to get any baseline numbers prior to install. However after all the mods were installed my car made 251whp on his Dyno Dynamics dyno. According to Sharif, his dyno typically reads 20-25whp lower than a DynoJet so that puts my car at between 271-276whp with just the limited mods I have!!! Needless to say I was quite pleased to see these numbers, I just figured I would share with you guys. Next I was thinking about purchasing some Crawford headers, a UR Pulley,an MRev2 + 5/16th spacer and finally a Utec to bring it all together. Do you guys think I'll be able to reach 290whp?

Last edited by Omeezy; 10-03-2006 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:37 AM
When I dynoed my car, the guy said HIS dyno reads about 40 hp lower than others.

Which means that I have about 320 hp. Cool, huh?

In all honesty, you should really test that theory before you go thinking that you have 270+ wheel horsepower. I mean, if for anything, do it for the piece of mind.....

Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Well considering who Forged Performance and Sharif are and his reputation nationwide for building some of the fastest and most respected Z cars... I don't think his integrity is in question at least as far as I'm concerned. I do greatly appreciate your concern though, as members we do need to look out for one another so that we do not get scammed. But it is more or less common knowlege that Dyno Dynamics and Mustang dynos read about 20-30whp lower than Dynojets. So I'm not really worried about that.

Last edited by Omeezy; 10-03-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
why couldn't you get a baseline?

Old 10-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice numbers dude. Very nice.

For comparison, I dyno'd 240 flat on his dyno a few weeks back. At the time I had the stillen airbox, mrev+, crawford cats, stillen exhaust, and clutchmasters stage1 clutch+jwt flywheel.

The last time I dyno'd locally on a dynojet I saw 259.

The last time at the track in 80 degree weather I was trapping 101. So your car is running very well.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey Trey!, I just wanted to say thanks, my clutch started acting gay right after you posted your review of your Clutchmasters setup and it was because of your review that I went out and ordered the CM stg. 3 clutch I have right now along with their flywheel. I will post a review of it once I get a oppurtunity. The reason they were unable to get a baseline is just because Sharif's crew had already begun disassmebling things first thing in the morning before he had a chance to get in and put her on the dyno. It sucked, but oh well.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Sharif's dyno definately reads low. Alberto on My350z.com had alot of work done at Forged. They dynoed the car there, then drove down the road to a dynojet, and the difference was pretty significant.

Goods numbers for those mods Omeezy.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Diamond G35
When I dynoed my car, the guy said HIS dyno reads about 40 hp lower than others.

Which means that I have about 320 hp. Cool, huh?

In all honesty, you should really test that theory before you go thinking that you have 270+ wheel horsepower. I mean, if for anything, do it for the piece of mind.....

Not to bust you but do a search in the FI forum especially on My350Z and you'll know who and what kind of a person is Sharif (Best Tuner in my Book). To bad he moved all the way to GA

Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Omeezy
Well considering who Forged Performance and Sharif are and his reputation nationwide for building some of the fastest and most respected Z cars... I don't think his integrity is in question at least as far as I'm concerned. I do greatly appreciate your concern though, as members we do need to look out for one another so that we do not get scammed. But it is more or less common knowlege that Dyno Dynamics and Mustang dynos read about 20-30whp lower than Dynojets. So I'm not really worried about that.

Take the car to the track. If it's trapping higher that 103mph, I'll believe the 270whp figure.