Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen Exhaust Rumors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He doesn't actually sell them, but he is good friends with the Fast Intentions guys.

He is actually very helpful,. but I know what you mean.....

Rick AKA ISMSOLUTIONS

Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by KulSecHskY
The only thing with the Stillen is I heard it sounds like GARBAGE when a HFC is installed? Anyone have any info about that?
Anyone have any sound clips? Ive got a stillen catback and Ive been looking to get some FI HFCs and headers...

Old 11-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Yea, good question....in case I decide to do this at some point.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bull3t
i read that the stillen is 74 lbs and that the stock is 50 lbs...someone said they read it in a magazine...maybe someone can chime in and let us know which magazine...
The stock exhaust is 62lbs on the G35 - we've weighed it for giggles.

The FI stainless system is about 5lbs lighter than stock. My Stillen, when I was testing, was 73lbs.

Rick

Old 11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh yeah the Injen pipe IS nice. The only thing about the Fast Intentions pipe is that one guy on here that sells em is ALWAYS talking it up. If it's so good let the product talk for itself. The fact that he feels the need to constantly prasie the pipe makes me suspious :shiftyeyes:
I understand what your saying - but if you search and look at about 10 or so reviews, independant, from customers, you'd see I was only preaching what others agree to.

If you do know my story and the amount of R&D I have done on these cars...you wouldn't be suspicious.

I don't work for FI, I don't sell the systems, and there is no money in it for me...I'm just helping out the guys that made ME the best system for MY G. We decided to sell them after we created the system together, and now more than 50 people have bought them in the last 4 months with a lot of praise on these boards.

BTW - do you know of ANY other vendor/manufacturer that helps their customers and potential ones, as much as the FI team does?

Also - if you notice I don't PUSH selling the product, I just recommend it, and have told MANY people that it may not be the best or the right choice for some. I try to consult everyone I run across and be as objective as possible - and not just on exhaust systems either. Do remember - as you all try to figure out which system you want, I've bought them all, tested them all, and then helped build one that, in my opinion and others as well, is much better as well.

I spent a lot of time combing the boards to hear what people liked and disliked about the choices out there - ultimately it was the boards that helped govern how this system was designed. Is 50 systems a huge number, not really...BUT 50 systems in 4 months for a NEW product from a new company IS.

It was interesting how 2 weeks after our group buy, and over 30 systems were initially sold, that HKS suddenly dropped their prices as well. MANY HKS and Stillen owners and prospective buyers have come the FI way....its a good thing for FI and maybe a good thing for you too.

OK - I'll stop now - those who know me know I am passionate about our cars being better and getting the best products for them....Rick

Old 11-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieselnuts
Anyone have any sound clips? Ive got a stillen catback and Ive been looking to get some FI HFCs and headers...
nismo g has the stillen exhaust. he just got his stillen test pipes not too long ago. you guys should ask him to post sound clips after he installs his test pipes.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
haha, i still have not installed my test pipes they are still laying on my desk next to my computer like huge paper weights.... I havnt had time to install them, been busy with school, work, and what not. I plan on installing them ASAP just a coupe small things i want to order before i install them to make sure i get peak performance out of them.

I would like to have the car dynoed before and after to see the gains, but i doubt that will happen. I like to do the work myself so go figure. Anyways, for those of you waiting i will post up sound clips of before the test pipes and after the test pipes. From all the reading i have done im kind of scared everyone says it sounds rediculously bad...

Old 12-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
ive narrowed it down to injen and fast intentions. if only the fast intentions looks like the injen

i love fast intentions products but i like the look of the injen much more.

as soon as i hear ricks car i will make my decision.
If you want to have an exhaust that gets louder and resonates terribly as it gets older, by all means, get the Injen. It blows all the glass out over time. Straight pipes would be cheaper and sound the same. Wanna buy my used Injen?

Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
The stock exhaust is 62lbs on the G35 - we've weighed it for giggles.

The FI stainless system is about 5lbs lighter than stock. My Stillen, when I was testing, was 73lbs.

Rick
I found most of the extra weight of Stillen exhaust is in the huge muffler and tailpipe assembly. I find the exhaust sounds like normal at idle and growls as the RPM increases. I also run HFC and I'm happy with the system.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:11 AM
So is there any more drone with the Kinetix HFC's? What about this rasp that everyone is killing the Stillen for having?

I saw a car with the Stillen exhaust not too long ago. Looks stockish from the rear except for the shiny muffler. Also, it sounded really quiet at idle, and definately deeper than stock. Still the same "note" but deeper. I also drove in the car, and there was no drone at all. You could barely even hear the exhaust unless he romped on it. I was extremely impressed. The only thing that still worries me is the weight.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Lip
Originally Posted by G35 6MT
I found most of the extra weight of Stillen exhaust is in the huge muffler and tailpipe assembly. I find the exhaust sounds like normal at idle and growls as the RPM increases. I also run HFC and I'm happy with the system.
I found the same thing. The Magnaflow tips and mufflers are rather heavy.
Not that it has anything to do with weight: I'm looking for a smaller tip for the rear, 2.5 to 3 inch would be fine. Having a tough time finding that.

I really like the fact that the Stillen looks stock. Our cars are not meant to be the fastest things on the road. If you just wanted pure speed then you made a terrible choice.
I liked the stealth. The G Coupe is pretty sharp out of the box, tough to improve upon. It's pretty easy to f it up with ill-advised mods.

That's one of the main reasons I went with the Stillen and considered the Nismo. I like the sound of the Stillen a bit more and liked the design.
One thing I don't like is the giant tip. It's pointless. I'd prefer something that fits better with the valence. (i.e. smaller) This is the on part I don't like about the stock Gs as well. Why the big sewer pipe on the back.

So far, gotta tell you I'm very pleased. Quiet when you want them to be, decently loud when you are in the mood. It could be a bit louder when above 5 grand, but that's ok. Hell my car only has 2300 miles on it total.
It makes my 5 mile commute that much more enjoyable, and it doesn't sound like an FX anymore.

At the end of the day, it's such a preference thing. Sound, looks, etc. I like what I like, others will think differently.

I'm not sure if it's any quicker, sort of doubt it.
I think adding most of these exhaust will make the car more enjoyable for you, and that's what matters.

I love this vid-

Old 12-11-2006, 11:41 AM
get your facts straight

hahaha everything is "dyno" proven these days. hks has been "dyno" proven as well. same with many other exhausts.

rsr says their exhaust is proven to provide 12wph according to their dynos. fast intentions dyno proves their exhausts too.

my point is that stillen isnt the only exhaust that 'dyno' proves their exhaust system

its called marketing. of course they are going to provide dynos that show good gains because people look way too much into dynos these days (myself included sometimes) imo.

whatever, if you like the stillen then by all means get it. to each their own
Stillen has been INDEPENDENTLY tested. In 2 seperate magazine comparo's seen here countless times Stillen produce the BEST gains, both HP and T!
For you kids running FART CANS I would say HKS is your next choice if you like having what look like a desig from a plumber on Crack hanging on the *** end of your car!
Also, those "burnt ends" are only good if you are talking about BBQ, heh,heh.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by OMyG
If you want to have an exhaust that gets louder and resonates terribly as it gets older, by all means, get the Injen. It blows all the glass out over time. Straight pipes would be cheaper and sound the same. Wanna buy my used Injen?
i decided not to deal with the drone from the new injen exhaust

Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
Stillen has been INDEPENDENTLY tested. In 2 seperate magazine comparo's seen here countless times Stillen produce the BEST gains, both HP and T!
For you kids running FART CANS I would say HKS is your next choice if you like having what look like a desig from a plumber on Crack hanging on the *** end of your car!
Also, those "burnt ends" are only good if you are talking about BBQ, heh,heh.
sweet dude. sounds like you like stillen. so by all means. get it. hks, injen, and other exhausts have been dyno'd by forum members and have shown similar gains as well.

your opinion is yours. and thats fine by me. though i am sure many will disagree with you when you say hks looks like crap. some will agree, but i think most will disagree. again, thats your two cents and thats cool.

my question is, what exhaust do you have?

ps - magazines often receive financial help from big companies. its very possible that stillen helps them out. dont you think that has some sort of impact?

whatever.

Last edited by Calvin; 12-11-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 PM
So now he independent mags are "on the take" haha

i decided not to deal with the drone from the new injen exhaust

sweet dude. sounds like you like stillen. so by all means. get it. hks, injen, and other exhausts have been dyno'd by forum members and have shown similar gains as well.

your opinion is yours. and thats fine by me. though i am sure many will disagree with you when you say hks looks like crap. some will agree, but i think most will disagree. again, thats your two cents and thats cool.

my question is, what exhaust do you have?

ps - magazines often receive financial help from big companies. its very possible that stillen helps them out. dont you think that has some sort of impact?

whatever.
Hero, you spend way to much time obsessing things. Me, I will take 2 magazines DYNO tests as factual. If you're looking to add POWER thengo w/ Sillen. If it's "bling" then why not just put on some Chrome 24's ad get it over with. LOL
BTW, I'm running stock exhaust to answer your question. See, completely unbiased opiinion,eh?! BTW ,I'll e te 62 year old on the Triumph Daytona passing you ...... but not before I check out how I loo in the reflecto coming of your exhaust !!!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:08 PM
What about the Greddy EVO2 Exhaust.........Does anybody have any good results from it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen Exhaust Rumors?