Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen Exhaust Rumors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
I'll e te 62 year old on the Triumph Daytona passing you ...... but not before I check out how I loo in the reflecto coming of your exhaust !!!
hmmm....typing too fast in anger/frustration? took me a while but i think you mean that youll be the 62 year old....checking out how you look in the reflection

haha im just teasing...but really...that explains a LOT

youre 62 years old...theres a HUGE gap in age between you and i. i guess hks is a little too loud for your generation a lot of the g community is young (teens, 20s, early 30s) and thats why we like what we like. of course this is a generalization and does not apply to everyone but most people in this younger age group will agree hks>stillen

again, if you like it so much then get it and be done with it. stillen aounds perfect for you (im trying to be serious here...i think youll be happy with it...sounds exactly like what you want)

me? well...my hks is going on next week

Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, Hero, I am 30 and the HKS sounds like crap to me as well.....fart can.

So it's my be MY generation as well.

Classy yet decent sounding exhausts are FI, and Stillen bottom line.

With your HFC's I would go for the FI there Calvin

Old 12-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Overglorified Altima
to be honest, i only said early 30s cause i didnt wanna leave people out/offend them

honestly, when i am 30. i dont imagine myself driving around with a loud @$$ hks exhaust either

but at the age of 18 (), hks suits me.

the only thing holding me back from the FI exhaust is the looks. it sounds great. but i'm not a fan of the tips. too small. plus i like single walled tips.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Hero, YOU are "Droning", heh,heh.Hero

Hero, age has nothing to do with me not liking noise.Age has a lot to do with accquiring 'good taste' .... as such a "Fart Can" sounds fine to me it's just that it looks like ------ that's right you're a kid, I almost forgot.
BTW, the 10 second liter bike I ride to cash my S.S. checks is quite loud. Heh,heh.
PS , Sorry about the Typos. Maybe I'll improve when I start posting 24 hours a day. AHEM!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Overglorified Altima
what sounds good is subjecctive.

one mans garbage is another mans treasure.

hks. your garbage. my treasure.

let's just leave it at that, okay? you have your tastes, i have mine. we all have our own. no more arguing over an argument that cant be won.

and btw, i installed my hks yesterday. and i can understand how people dont like it and may call it ricey. now that i have it, i see that. but i still love it

Old 12-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity

Good way of putting it, even though i do not like the HKS and i prefer the quieter mellow tone of stillen or fujitsubo it shows what one person likes and what the other likes. Just like music some people prefer rap some prefer rock.

One means garbage is another mans treasure! so true....

Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Overglorified Altima
to be honest, i love the fujitsubo exhaust. looks and sounds great. stillen sounds good too. im just not a personal fan of the stillen looks.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:37 PM
to be honest, i love the fujitsubo exhaust. looks and sounds great. stillen sounds good too. im just not a personal fan of the stillen looks.
To be honest i really do now like the looks of the stillen either, but i baught it for performance not looks. I was thinking about taking off the muffler and putting titanium tips on it....

Old 12-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Nismo G
To be honest i really do now like the looks of the stillen either, but i baught it for performance not looks. I was thinking about taking off the muffler and putting titanium tips on it....
do it

Old 12-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I need to find out where I can get the titanium tips at!!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Nismo G,

Did you ever install the test pipes? Or was it cats?

How does it sound?

Don

Old 12-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Nismo G
I need to find out where I can get the titanium tips at!!!!
a good muffler shop will have them. i know speedway muffler in socal has a wall of tips to choose from

Old 12-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by Diamond G35
Nismo G,

Did you ever install the test pipes? Or was it cats?

How does it sound?

Don
I actually still have not had time to do it. I was studying for exams for the last week and before that i was getting all my work in that was due so iwas pretty busy the last couple weeks. I plan on doing it here in the next couple of days.

sean

Old 12-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Banned
what sounds good is subjecctive.

let's just leave it at that, okay? you have your tastes, i have mine. we all have our own. no more arguing over an argument that cant be won.

and btw, i installed my hks yesterday. and i can understand how people dont like it and may call it ricey. now that i have it, i see that. but i still love it
I didnt read all 4 pages of this thread , but it seems you spent the whole time putting down the Stillen exhaust . But now find your self defending the one you bought . lol Saying "to each his own" Any TRUE dual exhaust is going to be heavier than stock , unless its made of titanium or something really light . But then it would be very expensive .

Your 18 years old , dont you think thoughs of us that have lived two or three times longer than you . Have spent more time modding cars , hearing more exhausts , from far more different kinds of cars than you have ?

So maybe next time , try not puttting down some ones choice , and just state your opinion

Old 12-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by booger
I didnt read all 4 pages of this thread , but it seems you spent the whole time putting down the Stillen exhaust . But now find your self defending the one you bought . lol Saying "to each his own" Any TRUE dual exhaust is going to be heavier than stock , unless its made of titanium or something really light . But then it would be very expensive .

Your 18 years old , dont you think thoughs of us that have lived two or three times longer than you . Have spent more time modding cars , hearing more exhausts , from far more different kinds of cars than you have ?

So maybe next time , try not puttting down some ones choice , and just state your opinion
um i dont know how "long" you have spent modding cars, but obviously not that long or maybe you are developing a slight case of alzheimers. Not every true dual exhaust is going to be heavier than stock. HKS is already lighter than the stock 63 pound exhaust, so is the injen...so is the greddy so go figure...just my .02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen Exhaust Rumors?