Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions 300 Cell Metallic High Flow Cats *Pictures*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Fast Intentions 300 Cell Metallic High Flow Cats *Pictures*

I've had the HFCs for a little over a week now but I didn't get them installed until last Friday (thanks Yume!).

My initial impression of the HFCs: When I first got the HFCs I was disappointed because I thought they were heavy. But as soon as I compared them to the stock cats I was finally able to appreciate them for their weight. They are much much lighter than the stock cats. I was also very impressed with the top notch welds. Even my friend at Nismo, who is a Crawford HFC fan, said these welds are "hot!"

Installation: The installation was a b!tch. Taking the nuts and bolts off the stock cats broke 2 of Yume's tools (btw, never buy cheap tools..right Anh?)! So we went to Home Depot to get some new/better tools and 3 10" extentions, which turned out to be very useful. To get to the driver side cat we had to take out the intake and a heat shield. This made life much easier. Overall, the install was not too difficult, just very time consuming.

Impression right after the HFCs were installed: I could immediately tell the difference in sound. It is much deeper than before. After a minute or two with the car running, smoke started coming out of my hood and exhaust tips. I freaked out. But after making a couple of calls I found out that this is normal for new HFCs because there are just some things that have to be burned off/away or something. The smoke went away after about 5 minutes or so of continuous revving and driving around. The smell did not last as long as I expected either.

Impressions after a couple days: My exhaust is so much deeper and louder as well. I am starting to feel it pull harder. The "butt-dyno" is very pleased. So far, I have about 250 miles with these HFCs and no CEL yet.

I highly recommend Fast Intentions HFCs to those who are thinking of getting HFCs. Crawfords would be my second choice though.

Some pics taken with my camera phone:

BTW, I didn't post this in the Review Forum b/c more people check this forum and these HFCs deserve to be looked at

PS - If you guys were me...would you get Impul Skirts or the Injen Super SES exhaust next?

Last edited by Calvin; 02-19-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
sweet.... post sound clips (if possible)

Old 10-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have these cats too...they are the shiet...i love 'em

Old 10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They look to be very quality products. Obviously, we know that Fast Intentions only makes quality products.

Why dont you try first Upgrading your Y-pipes with the stock exhaust and see if you can get anywhere with that before you decide on the catback change.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Overglorified Altima
the only y pipe i would ever buy is the jic one which is about 400 bucks i think

and if i do end up getting a catback (which i wille eventually) it will be difficult to sell it

Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i heard the crawford cats might pass smog. any idea if these will? those look really good!!

Old 10-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Overglorified Altima
if i had enough money i would invest in the top secret y pipe..

Old 10-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Alan
i heard the crawford cats might pass smog. any idea if these will? those look really good!!
possible. but not likely. and if it does pass smog, i wasted 500 bucks

technically they cant say that they will cause you cant touch your cats for 80k miles so therefore all HFC makers say its for off road use only

Old 10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
ehhh... there alright.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Calvin, those look great! LOL, I wouldve liked to see your face when all the white smoke was coming out. It must sound pretty mean with the cutout open.

You have been pretty quick with all the mods lately, why not get the exhaust and skirts? No sways?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by johnjayb
ehhh... there alright.
@$$

lol

Originally Posted by Clean G 4D
Calvin, those look great! LOL, I wouldve liked to see your face when all the white smoke was coming out. It must sound pretty mean with the cutout open.

You have been pretty quick with all the mods lately, why not get the exhaust and skirts? No sways?
dude. i was so scared when i saw that smoke. holy crap. and those 3 10" extentions really did come in handy. i thought people were crazy when they told me i needed 30" of extentions! it is MUCH more RASPY with my cutout open now.

do you know how poor i am from all these mods? lol its time to slow down..sort of..lol

right now..im thinking about impul skirts (about $600), then injen super ses ($1k shipped to my door)..but this isnt final yet..still depends on when im getting a new front bumper!

edit: no sways cause i dont need them. its not like i drive the canyons or anything. sways will be something i do last probably. but i will definitely get them eventually.

Last edited by Calvin; 10-23-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote=aHero4Eternityinjen super ses[/quote]

Dude...Fast Intentions Intimidator...it's a matched system from CATS all the way back that way...

Rick

Old 10-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Overglorified Altima
lol

too expensive and no torched tips

though my mind could be changed if i could hear the fi hfcs and fi exhaust combo in person

Old 10-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
lol

too expensive and no torched tips

though my mind could be changed if i could hear the fi hfcs and fi exhaust combo in person
I CAN arrange that....we just have to sync schedules and meet up somewhere half way mang!!

Rick

Old 10-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice looking cats. They look very well made.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions 300 Cell Metallic High Flow Cats *Pictures*