Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions 300 Cell Metallic High Flow Cats *Pictures*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
whoops

lol

Old 11-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan_K
So I will be ok with ceramics and the Vortech? I might lose a couple hp vs. the metallics?
OK - so I have them, and am happy with them, and have no problems with them. You have to understand as well, that warranties do not include modified cars, because of them being either rich or lean. With this said - if I was not as affilitated as I am with FI - I would go with Metallics while being Vorteched.

It's a matter of what could happen over time, and trying to extend that replacement time as much as possible.

Rick

Old 11-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
OK - so I have them, and am happy with them, and have no problems with them. You have to understand as well, that warranties do not include modified cars, because of them being either rich or lean. With this said - if I was not as affilitated as I am with FI - I would go with Metallics while being Vorteched.

It's a matter of what could happen over time, and trying to extend that replacement time as much as possible.

Rick
So you are saying that the warranty on the cats only applies if your car is stock? Most people who buys these HFC's will have modified cars whether it be an intake or turbo. Where does the warranty stop and begin? I understand that the life of the cat will decrease compared from a FI'd car to a car with only an intake, but the warranty should take this into account.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So you are saying that the warranty on the cats only applies if your car is stock? Most people who buys these HFC's will have modified cars whether it be an intake or turbo. Where does the warranty stop and begin? I understand that the life of the cat will decrease compared from a FI'd car to a car with only an intake, but the warranty should take this into account.
It's impossible to warranty these devices if used with FI and Nitrous applications, AS extremely rich and lean conditions will cause premature breakdown of the CAT. The manufacturer does not cover the issue.

FI will warranty all the welds and workmanship, as always. But if a cracked brick, or a burned out unit is sent in - what can you expect FI to do? The brick failed out of normal conditions. This information is disclosed as well.

If the brick breaks for fails, as it is determined that none of these conditions exists - then of course it will be warranted.

Hope that helps clear it up...

Rick

Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Look at it like this. If you put a Supercharger on your car you void your warranty with the dealer.
If you are Supercharged, Turbocharged, or are using Nitrous you will void your warranty on our cats.
Reason being we cannot monitor who tunes those vehicles and your A/F numbers might be all over the map. If they are you will eventually destory the brick inside of the cat.(Nitrous especially. You will cook the brick in the cat.)

Old 01-15-2007, 11:29 AM
_jb
Photographer

Small bump for a great thread on Fast Intentions' high flow cats. There is some excellent information in this thread.

Anybody got FI HFC's with HKS exhaust? Sound good? How loud?

Thanks...

Old 01-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by _jb
Anybody got FI HFC's with HKS exhaust? Sound good? How loud?
me

loud enough that people can tell the difference. i have a friend with a 350z & hks exhaust and mine is noticeable louder.

also, when i roll to meets...people have asked me what i did to my hks to give it that extra growl.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
yo hero,

any tips on how to break loose those two bolts on facing the front of the car? I tried the 26" extension method but I couldn't get at the bolts at a straight on angle.

I went through the hood to break loose the nuts but it's near impossible to get it perfectly flush into the socket wrench with all those damn hoses in the way. Any tips? Those two nuts are ****** driving me nuts...

Old 02-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by SuperShick
yo hero,

any tips on how to break loose those two bolts on facing the front of the car? I tried the 26" extension method but I couldn't get at the bolts at a straight on angle.

I went through the hood to break loose the nuts but it's near impossible to get it perfectly flush into the socket wrench with all those damn hoses in the way. Any tips? Those two nuts are ****** driving me nuts...
did you take the intake out? i got 3 10" extensions and even then it was still a b!tch to do. lots of wd40, patience, and elbow grease!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
well what about the passenger side? those damn hoses are in the way!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Overglorified Altima
hmm, to be honest, i don't quite remember. but i think we used the same method.

call tony or rick up and ask for their advice.

sorry i can't be of more help.