Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^umm.... really?!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Exhaust now and then................!

Yes, Magnaflow makes a great exhaust system if your not going Forced
Induction or Stillen make a true-dual system in 2 1/2" pipe that can be
used in either way! To listen what your G would sound like go to
www.magnaflow.com or www.utube.com for almost everyones systems.
Good Luck....I'm on my third system!

Old 02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by dcityjatt
i thought everybody ignores what b00stedjustin has to say anyway. this wont be the first (or last) time he makes an ignorant remark. i dont even think he owns a g35!
He makes these remarks in every post he replies too, it's his MO. Whatever.

BOT...I've heard 2.5 is about max you want to go if staying NA. Anything larger in dia, you loose to much backpressure and will loose hp and tq.
If going FI, think 2.5 is mininum dia. and usually runs larger dia. Depends on FI set-up, boost and liters of powerplant.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com

This is a great source for finding MAGNAFLOW Sound Clips

Last edited by Born_Coffin; 02-07-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I cant find ANY sound clips for the magnaflow exhaust for G35 Coupe on Youtube or Google Videos =(

Old 02-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
+1000. You also can't base your impression of an exhaust system by using how you think it sounds on a completely different car. General rule of thumb is Magnaflow is crap crap and more crap. Let them stick to stupid american cars and go for a company that specializes in imports.
your na idiot, magna flow is great they make great exhaust and can make it cheaper, because they are so big, i bet you didnt know but the borla exhaust s made in the same factory a magna flow.

all exhaust is metal polished tubbing, why whould anyone pay 1500- 2000 for the hks if they are not running turbos, and dont need baffling that the hks gives, you again,just so you know the hks was desgned for cars that are forced induction. DONT TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DONT KNOW!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by mwarsh1
your na idiot, magna flow is great they make great exhaust and can make it cheaper, because they are so big, i bet you didnt know but the borla exhaust s made in the same factory a magna flow.

all exhaust is metal polished tubbing, why whould anyone pay 1500- 2000 for the hks if they are not running turbos, and dont need baffling that the hks gives, you again,just so you know the hks was desgned for cars that are forced induction. DONT TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DONT KNOW!
The part of this statement that states Magnaflow and Borla being made in the same factory is TOTALLY FALSE.

Magnaflow is in NO WAY related to or affiliated with Borla.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Why not just buy an exhaust that's already on the market? Hks, greddy... Etc..

Old 02-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by gary c
I guess your not aware that Magnaflow makes crossovers, pipe and mufflers
for various companys that claim to make only parts for foreign vehicles......
in the past Stillen was one of them! And why would you call American cars
stupid? My wifes ZO6 Vet is one hell of a ride! Your stupid for making
remarks like this that are unfounded and lacks zero knowledge!
Think buddy just think. That's all I'm going to repond to this idiotic remark.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mwarsh1

being a big company does not = quality performance parts. I can't stress this enough. You definitely get what you pay for (to an extent). If you do some searching you won't be spending 1500-2k on an HKS system, you will be spending 1350 max plus shipping. Exaust isn't just metal tubing. The diameter of the pipes you need vary based on the needs of your car not even mentioning muffler design. tubing too large will sacrifice power as well as tubing too mall. Last I checked the HKS system for our car is not for F/I applications, it is for the general NA ones. I talk because I do think I know. Take your own advice cheif.

p.s. You can't call someone an idiot by stating "Your na idiot". The correct saying would be "you're an idiot". Notice I haven't resorted to name calling big guy. This only weakens your arguments.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
being a big company does not = quality performance parts. I can't stress this enough. You definitely get what you pay for (to an extent). If you do some searching you won't be spending 1500-2k on an HKS system, you will be spending 1350 max plus shipping. Exaust isn't just metal tubing. The diameter of the pipes you need vary based on the needs of your car not even mentioning muffler design. tubing too large will sacrifice power as well as tubing too mall. Last I checked the HKS system for our car is not for F/I applications, it is for the general NA ones. I talk because I do think I know. Take your own advice cheif.

p.s. You can't call someone an idiot by stating "Your na idiot". The correct saying would be "you're an idiot". Notice I haven't resorted to name calling big guy. This only weakens your arguments.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Thanx guys, fews that answered my question. To my understanding, exhaust doesn't give much ponies on NA car (my car). So, why would I want to spend over $1k just to get the brand name and same high flow system with same performance (if you prefered). Just want something with deeper sound and ofcourse not loosing any power after.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear Mr Justin Sorry For Calling You And Idiot, But When You Post Commnets, Saying That Magna Low Is Crap, You Just Open A Keg Of Worms And Deserved To Get Flammed, They Make Great Exhaust. And Yes All Exhausts Are Just Metal Tubbing, And Intenl Resonaters. In Reallity If Hks, Greddy, And All These Comapines Were As Big As Magna Flow, It Would Be The Same Price As The Magna Flow.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
This is a link to the dyno on the G35 from Magnaflow
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/dynos/16641.jpg

Old 02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by vhtran
Thanx guys, fews that answered my question. To my understanding, exhaust doesn't give much ponies on NA car (my car). So, why would I want to spend over $1k just to get the brand name and same high flow system with same performance (if you prefered). Just want something with deeper sound and ofcourse not loosing any power after.
Correct on not big hp gains for NA. You're really only paying for the sound and small hp/tq increases. The G's exhaust is a very well designed system in itself. Though, aftermarket does open it up a bit and lets the VQ breath a little better on NA appications with still keeping some backpressure that's needed.

-edit- G/L with your custom exhaust. Give us an update when your done with pictures, sound clips, etc if you can.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 02-09-2007 at 01:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question!