Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mwarsh1
Dear Mr Justin Sorry For Calling You And Idiot, But When You Post Commnets, Saying That Magna Low Is Crap, You Just Open A Keg Of Worms And Deserved To Get Flammed, They Make Great Exhaust. And Yes All Exhausts Are Just Metal Tubbing, And Intenl Resonaters. In Reallity If Hks, Greddy, And All These Comapines Were As Big As Magna Flow, It Would Be The Same Price As The Magna Flow.
doubtful, but we have no idea. From my dealing with a number of these companies on not only my cars but helping out friends, my point of view is pretty much set in stone. Pricing based on the size of a company, what would be and what is is completely speculative and we have no way of nowing. There are too many factors to account for.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
My 2 cents regarding Magnaflow - a geat company who makes quality products for domestic vehicles, but I believe they've spread themselves too thin and their engineering, research and development have suffered by trying to offer too many applications. I purchased a Magnaflow system for my coupe and the quality was very good, HOWEVER, when installed, as the midpipe was completely straight (most have a bend to clear the frame brace), it rattled against the brace when hitting bumps because there was only about 1/2 inch clearance between the pipe and the brace. I tried everything in the world short of having a mandrel bent pipe custom made, to stop the rattle, however nothing worked. This to me, is a sign of inadequate engineering and design. In addition, the lack of a resonator resulted in terrible droning at certain RPM's, again, something that could easily be silenced with a resonator. I would be interested to know how many people have actually installed the Magnaflow system and are completely satisfied. I ended up paying $400 more and getting a Fujitsubo. The difference in quality, sound and fitment is like night and day. I pretty much believe that you get what you pay for.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Well I would beg to differ. Check with Gary C and ask him how his Cat Back Magaflow System Fits and Sounds according to him "HE LOVES IT". Ive personally heard it myself. How many companys offer a LIFE TIME WARRANTY. MAGNAFLOW Makes a Quality Product for most Foreign and Domestic Vehicles. Did you ever contact Magnaflow to see if they could help you with your issue. Or are you just here to bad mouth them.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CouperDouper
My 2 cents regarding Magnaflow - a geat company who makes quality products for domestic vehicles, but I believe they've spread themselves too thin and their engineering, research and development have suffered by trying to offer too many applications. I purchased a Magnaflow system for my coupe and the quality was very good, HOWEVER, when installed, as the midpipe was completely straight (most have a bend to clear the frame brace), it rattled against the brace when hitting bumps because there was only about 1/2 inch clearance between the pipe and the brace. I tried everything in the world short of having a mandrel bent pipe custom made, to stop the rattle, however nothing worked. This to me, is a sign of inadequate engineering and design. In addition, the lack of a resonator resulted in terrible droning at certain RPM's, again, something that could easily be silenced with a resonator. I would be interested to know how many people have actually installed the Magnaflow system and are completely satisfied. I ended up paying $400 more and getting a Fujitsubo. The difference in quality, sound and fitment is like night and day. I pretty much believe that you get what you pay for.
I dont know I helped my buddy install the Magnaflow kit on his G35 and the thing went on no problem- took longer to get the factory system off in fact-

and his car is quiet inside- not very much drone at all.....

I would say it made his car sound 100 times better- but I actually really like how the G35s sound stock too-

maybe there was a misboxed part or something in your kit?

Not to mention I didnt beat him quite as badly after he got the kit with my IS350- LOL
(OK Im know Im about to get flamed off the board for that one..)

Old 02-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Born_Coffin
Well I would beg to differ. Check with Gary C and ask him how his Cat Back Magaflow System Fits and Sounds according to him "HE LOVES IT". Ive personally heard it myself. How many companys offer a LIFE TIME WARRANTY. MAGNAFLOW Makes a Quality Product for most Foreign and Domestic Vehicles. Did you ever contact Magnaflow to see if they could help you with your issue. Or are you just here to bad mouth them.
^^^ lol...you don't have to yell...
My .02.........if magna flow had done a little more R&D on our coupes, then that section of pipe would've had a slight off-set to eliviate any possible vibration/clearance problems with that brace. Though, most likely to do that wasn't cost effective for them compared to all the applications they build and stay competitive on pricing.

I'll give you an example...Injens new 'track edition' SES system. They state it will fit all 03-06 G coupes but it doesn't. On 06 coupes with rear active steer, it hits the RAS servo. For them to make a special piece for that section just for 06's w/RAS wasn't cost effective for them so they didn't do that. If they had, it would've cost hella more and not be competitive in price.

R&D is not cheap and systems that had a lot of R&D for our G's, that are plug and play with NO issues, will cost more.
You do get what you pay for, imo when it's more of a specialized item made just for our G's.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Born Coffin - reading comprehension problem? I think I made it pretty clear that I thought they were a great company, I just don't think the product they offer for the G35 Coupe is as good as many others in the marketplace. Their midpipe is the only straight one I've ever seen. I did contact them and they worked with me (admitting that their R&D had been done on the 350Z, not the Infiniti) and thus they gave me a refund. Quite simply, they needed to do a little more work before putting it out for the coupe. And, I bet you could count on one hand the number of people that have their system, that wouldn't have gone with an HKS, a Stillen or a Fujitsubo if price was no object. And as long as we're exhibiting our prejudices, when was the last time you saw a Mustang, a Vette or any othe American car with a Japanese manufactured exhaust installed? Never? We chose Infiniti because it's a quality product, however, like it or not, it is still designed and built in Japan - and there's nothing wrong with that.

O6CPV35 - thanks for your comments - YOURS were accurate and informative.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^ No problem...sounds like we're on the same page and know why that happened. Haha...your statement just proved that with what they said to you.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:36 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mwarsh1
your na idiot, magna flow is great they make great exhaust and can make it cheaper, because they are so big, i bet you didnt know but the borla exhaust s made in the same factory a magna flow.
that's why I would never buy borla or magnaflow lol.

Last edited by Kris79; 02-15-2007 at 12:44 AM.