Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Exhaust Question!

I've post same thing in the FI forum, but doesn't seem to have any guy in there whole morning. Anyway, I'm soon gonna do a custom exhaust from cat_back and its gonna be Magnaflow (probably not the kit for our G, and because it sounds pretty good/deep on my friends S4). Right now I'm running on stock from front to back, so the question is how big the pipe should I go for w/o loosing any power? Gain hp or not is not really matter, but if it gains few ponies after then even better.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vhtran
I've post same thing in the FI forum, but doesn't seem to have any guy in there whole morning. Anyway, I'm soon gonna do a custom exhaust from cat_back and its gonna be Magnaflow (probably not the kit for our G, and because it sounds pretty good/deep on my friends S4). Right now I'm running on stock from front to back, so the question is how big the pipe should I go for w/o loosing any power? Gain hp or not is not really matter, but if it gains few ponies after then even better.
my advice would be to get the specs on wahtever exhaust yields the best performance gains (HKS?) and copy it.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madscientist
my advice would be to get the specs on wahtever exhaust yields the best performance gains (HKS?) and copy it.
+1000. You also can't base your impression of an exhaust system by using how you think it sounds on a completely different car. General rule of thumb is Magnaflow is crap crap and more crap. Let them stick to stupid american cars and go for a company that specializes in imports.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by madscientist

Yah exactly what I would do, steal the disnign spects from the people who have a profession in this stuff

Old 02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
And the dumb......get dumber!

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
+1000. You also can't base your impression of an exhaust system by using how you think it sounds on a completely different car. General rule of thumb is Magnaflow is crap crap and more crap. Let them stick to stupid american cars and go for a company that specializes in imports.
I guess your not aware that Magnaflow makes crossovers, pipe and mufflers
for various companys that claim to make only parts for foreign vehicles......
in the past Stillen was one of them! And why would you call American cars
stupid? My wifes ZO6 Vet is one hell of a ride! Your stupid for making
remarks like this that are unfounded and lacks zero knowledge!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:37 PM
+ 1,000,000 what sounds good on 1 car...you no the rest

Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get some Edelbrock headers and some nice American Racing wheels while you're at it.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Umm whats wrong with American cars?

Z06, Saleen S7, great American cars-

Are you a car racist?

Considering Magnaflow makes a ton of parts for other tuners which are supposedly "not american" I dont think you know what you are talking about-

It saddens me to see people such as you with such a lack or respect for other cars-

A true car enthusiast has an appreciation for anything quick with 4 wheels-

I would personally not call anything that someone has modified tastefully crap just because it was not made in a certain country-

Its unfortunate that so many of todays youth are not being brought up correctly-

By making comments like that- you are no better then the redneck in the pick up with the confederate flag on the back-

Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
This is clearly a public display of Ignorance, not calling anyone ignorant, but you should know what you are talking about before you speak.

Magnaflow does indeed make and sell mufflers and other components to some of the most well known "Import Manufacturers". Due to confidentiality agreements we can not name them, but most are obvious.

Exhaust characteristics of an engine(import or domestic) are virtually identical. Therefore it would seem that you would consider a manufacturer that specializes in the specific component rather than the car in general.

Magnaflow Specializes in Exhaust! Whether it be Foriegn or Domestic, Car or Truck, we specialize in Exhaust. Just because we are located in the U.S. does not mean that we do not employ some of the Best Engineers in the Industry from ALL OVER THE WORLD!

MagnaflowRep

Last edited by MagnaflowRep; 02-07-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
wow.. i never thought id actually hear someone call magnaflow crap. i guess ive seen it all now. Im not pointing fingers, but as ive sayd all along, there are WAY too many brand-****** in the world.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
They're just uninformed that's all.

Here are my Magnaflow's on an un-american car.

Did they add power... nah, but they sound good.

The quality of the system is very good. Basically a decent looking/sounding system at a good price.

John

Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FI or HKS ftw

Old 02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
Umm whats wrong with American cars?

Z06, Saleen S7, great American cars-

Are you a car racist?

Considering Magnaflow makes a ton of parts for other tuners which are supposedly "not american" I dont think you know what you are talking about-

It saddens me to see people such as you with such a lack or respect for other cars-

A true car enthusiast has an appreciation for anything quick with 4 wheels-

I would personally not call anything that someone has modified tastefully crap just because it was not made in a certain country-

Its unfortunate that so many of todays youth are not being brought up correctly-

By making comments like that- you are no better then the redneck in the pick up with the confederate flag on the back-

This thread got pretty ugly real quick and in a hurry lol. I just wanted to say that im 18 and i appreciate cars for what they are. I could care less if its a domestic or an import, like you said a car is a car. I happen to love the old 69 mustangs, the stingrays, SS's, and a few other older cars along with the new Z06 and Ford GT. Yes it is unfortunate that many people in todays world have no appreciation for what they do, let alone this country but thats just the way it is. I see no problem in purchasing from magnoflow. If their price was right and they had what you want why would you go somewhere else just because its "american" based? Thats just plain childish. Its a shame people who are supposed to be "mature adults" can be so stereotypical of a car manufacturer, tuning company, or anything for that manner. Your supposed to be our role models. We dont need all the negativity just because your too self centered too give a dam. Do us all a favor and grow up. Im not targeting any one particular person here im just making a generalized statement but im done my ranting now so enjoy.

And to answer the original question i would imagine a 2.5" pipe would be good. I believe thats what most aftermarket exhausts are running.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetChase
This thread got pretty ugly real quick and in a hurry lol. I just wanted to say that im 18 and i appreciate cars for what they are. I could care less if its a domestic or an import, like you said a car is a car. I happen to love the old 69 mustangs, the stingrays, SS's, and a few other older cars along with the new Z06 and Ford GT. Yes it is unfortunate that many people in todays world have no appreciation for what they do, let alone this country but thats just the way it is. I see no problem in purchasing from magnoflow. If their price was right and they had what you want why would you go somewhere else just because its "american" based? Thats just plain childish. Its a shame people who are supposed to be "mature adults" can be so stereotypical of a car manufacturer, tuning company, or anything for that manner. Your supposed to be our role models. We dont need all the negativity just because your too self centered too give a dam. Do us all a favor and grow up. Im not targeting any one particular person here im just making a generalized statement but im done my ranting now so enjoy.

And to answer the original question i would imagine a 2.5" pipe would be good. I believe thats what most aftermarket exhausts are running.

Im quoting this for truth- I feel the exact same way you do-

Old 02-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i thought everybody ignores what b00stedjustin has to say anyway. this wont be the first (or last) time he makes an ignorant remark. i dont even think he owns a g35!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question!