Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust Sound Experts Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Closest thing your going to find to a v-8 sound is either the stillen exhaust or stock exhaust and replace the stock cats with test pipes, but you will never get a v-6 to sound like a true v-8, but those are your best options.

-Sean

Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the money, you can't beat the Injen. They've redesigned it with an H-pipe. It sounds tough as hell (although not for the faint at heart). You can get it from CarbonLtd for $799 shipped or $899 shipped with titanium tips. CarbonLtd (Jim) is a great guy and is an authorized Injen dealer.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by CouperDouper
For the money, you can't beat the Injen. They've redesigned it with an H-pipe. It sounds tough as hell (although not for the faint at heart). You can get it from CarbonLtd for $799 shipped or $899 shipped with titanium tips. CarbonLtd (Jim) is a great guy and is an authorized Injen dealer.
Inejn is loud, not low. You want something with a low sound, not high. The Injen is the closest thing to the HKS that i can think of in terms of sound. So IMO the injen is in the way wrong dirrection.

I forgot about the FI exhaust, i have only heard it once and it sounds very very close to the stillen. I say go with the stillen, FI, or stick with the stock exhaust with test pipes. You will be more than pleased with any 3 of those. Just trust me haha

-Sean

Old 07-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Inejn is loud, not low. You want something with a low sound, not high. The Injen is the closest thing to the HKS that i can think of in terms of sound. So IMO the injen is in the way wrong dirrection.

I forgot about the FI exhaust, i have only heard it once and it sounds very very close to the stillen. I say go with the stillen, FI, or stick with the stock exhaust with test pipes. You will be more than pleased with any 3 of those. Just trust me haha

-Sean
the injen is a whole lot deeper/louder/lower than hks from what i've heard in person.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
the injen is a whole lot deeper/louder/lower than hks from what i've heard in person.
You think so? They sound almost the same to me...very subtle difference.

-Sean

Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
I know a V-6 will never sound like a V-8, but I am tired of hearing these little four cylinder cars with deep, throaty exhaust systems. Not necessarily loud, but deep. I have heard Injen and HKS and that is not the sound I am looking for. Plus, I do not like the look of the canisters out back. I have no need for a true dual as my car is, and always will be NA. I think I am just going to stick with my current setup and ask if anyone has any ideas on how to possibly improve on it. Here is my current exhaust system. All opinions are welcome.

- DC headers
- Crawford cats
- JIC Y-pipe
- Fuji exhaust

Thanks.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sell the y pipe, and fuji exhaust and use that money towards a Stillen Exhaust. To be honest i didnt feel any weight gain. the weight gain must be really minimal. You'd probably be lighter than your current set up w/the stillens and get rid of your spare tire. And because of the headers, you'll get that "gargle" sound that V8s make. not as much, but you will notice it for sure.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by bikinilust
Sell the y pipe, and fuji exhaust and use that money towards a Stillen Exhaust. To be honest i didnt feel any weight gain. the weight gain must be really minimal. You'd probably be lighter than your current set up w/the stillens and get rid of your spare tire. And because of the headers, you'll get that "gargle" sound that V8s make. not as much, but you will notice it for sure.
Thanks for the advice. You and many others here seem to agree that the Stillen has the deepest sound with FI right there with it. I am unsure about going with TD exhaust since car is going to stay N/A as it is my true daily driver. I really appreciate all the opinions form everyone and that is why I love this forum. I will now take a closer look at Stillen and FI and consider my options. Thanks to all.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Stillen FTMFW!!!

-Sean

Old 07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the heck is FTMFW or whatever???

Old 07-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fishmd
What the heck is FTMFW or whatever???
FTMFW = For the mother fcukin' win

Originally Posted by extreme4377
^+1. I havent heard of a single person who is unhappy with the FastIntentions Intimidator or HFC/TP's. Theyre truly amazing products with some of the industires best customer service to back them up. You cannot go wrong with FI!
I had the FI exhaust and it wasn't for me. There was a terrible done at low RPMs and from what Tony told me, that only happened with 5AT G35's, however, from the outside it really did sound bad azz!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Lexus IS350
Sound is subjective, as are looks. FastIntentions is just the exhaust I was looking for to replace my Injen TrackEdition. Talk about loud! The Injen was ridiculous. My car could be heard from, no joke, one mile away.

FastIntentions is clean, classy, quiet at idle and roars (controllably) at WOT. Pair the Intimidator system with some HFC or test pipes and you've got yourself one mean sounding G.

But, like I said, its all subjective

Old 07-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I got the FI exhaust... you need to hear it person... not online

I could meet up with you and let u hear it and also buy those brakes lol

Old 07-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by r0csfinest
I got the FI exhaust... you need to hear it person... not online

I could meet up with you and let u hear it and also buy those brakes lol
That sounds like a plan, but you better get back at me real soon as I have a guy who wants these after I just sent him pics. I would rather sell local then ship out. $150 takes everything. I just sent you request for your e-mail so I could send you some pics. Would love to hear the exhaust as well. Let's do this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Sound Experts Opinions Please