Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Car stalls...Just installed JWT Pop Charger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2007 | 10:55 AM
Banned
Did you disconnect the battery when you swapped intakes? They say you should. I've done it both ways and been fine, but it sounds like your luck isn't always good. The filter comes pre-oiled to you, so you need not re-oil. When you do, I always let it sit for some time. I usually oil it at night then in the morning reinstall it. Wish you luck this time !! BTW....... how much was the MAF for these cars?

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:43 AM
|
Don't know hand how much a MAF usually costs since the dealership took care of it under the warranty.

Everything is finally working great! Installed the Z-tube, Pop Charger and plenum spacer this weekend. I definitely notice a difference.

Old 04-22-2007 | 07:44 AM
When reoiling a dirty PopCharger, always wash and clean off the dirty crap with Foam filter cleaner and water. Flush from the inside out with a hose, and let dry. I leave it in the sun for a couple hours. I then reoil lightly, not with the spray, but with the drip method where I run the oil down each pleat one at a time to get good coverage. I use K&N cleaner and oil. This way I have good control of the flow. I then let the PopCharger sit overnight on my workbench before installing it back on my coupe. This lets the excess drain down. This has worked for my filter for close to four years now.

Lou

Attached Thumbnails Car stalls...Just installed JWT Pop Charger-jwt-wk-n0.jpg  
Old 04-22-2007 | 12:20 PM
^ And on top of letting it sit over night allowing the oil to soak into the filter, if you see any excess oil on the filter pleats or along the rubber edges, wipe them off with a rag to ensure the oil doesn't run into the MAF sensor after re-installing it.

Old 04-22-2007 | 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GTR_Boy
^ And on top of letting it sit over night allowing the oil to soak into the filter, if you see any excess oil on the filter pleats or along the rubber edges, wipe them off with a rag to ensure the oil doesn't run into the MAF sensor after re-installing it.
+1 . . . In addition to the above, I have found it quite helpful to eliminate the question of over oiling the filter by simply having a second filter on hand. This allows me to wash the filter more frequently and I can set the newly cleaned and freshly oil filter to the side as the new oil settles in. I check up on the standby filter to ensure that it has been oiled properly and am in no rush to reinstall it, as such. It's simply much convenient having an extra filter handy.