Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

CARB Sticker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CARB Sticker

I recently got a injen intake i dont know the exact name but it is the one that converts from Short Ram to CAI and the website claims its CARB legal but it didnt come with a sticker and i just failed a smog test because of it so does anybody know how i would go about getting a sticker for it ? i'd be glad to pay someone $20 for the one off their injen intake if they live in a state that doesnt require a CARB sticker

Old 04-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You're in trouble.......?

Why not ask the company you purchased the intake from for the sticker.....
if in fact they are smog legal.........somehow I doubt it!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 AM
i called them and they gave me the Executive Order number but said for legal reasons they cant send me a new sticker. and for future replies i cant put the stock intake back on because along with $5k worth of tools my stock intake,wheels,brake discs,headlights and engine cover got stolen out of my garage while i was in hawaii

Old 04-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I take it you live in California. I similarly had a problem with the CARB sticker. When I had my Civic, I had the CARB sticker not placed on the inner side of the hood, but I had it in my hands. The car passed blindfold the emssions, but failed the visual because the sticker was not placed on the hood. I told the dumb guy, "It's right here in my hand, do you want me to place on it right now?" He said, "No, it has to come placed on already before you come to the smog station."
So, I understand your pain. Your last resort might be, buy another one and make sure it has the sticker. Hopefully, you don't have to...good luck!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:54 PM
what a pain in the ***** this is 4u

Old 04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by SkyBlueG35
i called them and they gave me the Executive Order number but said for legal reasons they cant send me a new sticker. and for future replies i cant put the stock intake back on because along with $5k worth of tools my stock intake,wheels,brake discs,headlights and engine cover got stolen out of my garage while i was in hawaii
Bet someone 'borrowed' your sticker while they were packing your order. They probably using it to their advantage.
At least you were given that EO number. But still, what a PITA.
Originally Posted by GR8NISS
I take it you live in California. I similarly had a problem with the CARB sticker. When I had my Civic, I had the CARB sticker not placed on the inner side of the hood, but I had it in my hands. The car passed blindfold the emssions, but failed the visual because the sticker was not placed on the hood. I told the dumb guy, "It's right here in my hand, do you want me to place on it right now?" He said, "No, it has to come placed on already before you come to the smog station."
So, I understand your pain. Your last resort might be, buy another one and make sure it has the sticker. Hopefully, you don't have to...good luck!
That guy's a jerk.
Haha..tell him, brb. Then drive around the back, put the sticker on, come back...Hi, hows it goin. Got time to a smog test today?

Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 AM
cali sucks as far as car regs are concerned

im just gonna have my friend come up on one for me since he works at a race shop

can i do anything with the E.O. # ????

Old 04-29-2007, 05:19 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

yup tatoo it on your chest so you will never forget

Old 04-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
cali sucks as far as car regs are concerned

im just gonna have my friend come up on one for me since he works at a race shop

Guess all you could do is ask the smog tech person if they'd accept that as proof your intake has been CARB approved, and never received a sticker.

Otherwise your screwed and might have to buy another intake , as suggested before, just to get that sticker. That be one expensive sticker.
Or your friend at a race shop or yeah, hopefully trade intakes with someone in another state that doesn't require sticker or buy new one and sell current one without sticker to someone out of Calif.

Sorry to here about being ripped off while in Hawaii. That sux.

G/L with everything.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
i got it taken care of just swapped intakes with my buddy from arizona