Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Loud exhaust..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so would it be possible for me to get the top speed pro and weld H pipes to it to make it true duel? Ofcourse making the top speed also duel... Or am I just talking nonsense? I really want an exhaust that sounds like it but true duel... Does the HKS sound really that nice with test pipes? Cause I'm wondering if I just heard a bad car...

Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by seung012
so would it be possible for me to get the top speed pro and weld H pipes to it to make it true duel? Ofcourse making the top speed also duel... Or am I just talking nonsense? I really want an exhaust that sounds like it but true duel... Does the HKS sound really that nice with test pipes? Cause I'm wondering if I just heard a bad car...
OK - so your not going to get the same sound, only true dual. When you split it up, it will be different sounding - likely quieter, with far more drone and probably rasp.

The system is designed to be used as is, as it has been engineered to keep exhaust pulse velocity and scavenging efficiency intact.

When you change it - you have to make sure you change it for the better, not worse, or you'll loose power, etc.

If you want great sound, and volume. You can do several things. The Injen works - but is loud and drones. HKS sounds more exotic - it's higher pitched. If you add testpipes or some HFC's to it, it usually rasps pretty hard. The Stillen is also a good choice. It starts out fairly quiet, with some drone, and then it will rasp if opened up too much. The Fast Intentions system, which I am partial to, has been designed to work with the Fast Intentions testpipes and HFC's. It works very well with headers too. The headers however, can introduce some rasp, if your using testpipes.

Rick

Old 09-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
actually if you want a loud exhaust doesnt RS*R have the loudest one...add some HFC and intake and headers....youll be one loud mooooothhhhaaaa

Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Damn Rick, you know your stuff. Okay, so if I go Top Speed Pro, I would need to get a bigger Y-pipe for maximum performance. If I go True Duel, you recommend HKS, Stillen, Fast Intentions... Out of these true duel systems, which one sounds close to Top Speed Pro? I really want that sound but in True Duel. If not, I guess I'll just go with Top Speed Pro...I've never heard of RSR exhaust. I looked for sound clips but didn't find any.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Damn Rick, you know your stuff. Okay, so if I go Top Speed Pro, I would need to get a bigger Y-pipe for maximum performance. If I go True Duel, you recommend HKS, Stillen, Fast Intentions... Out of these true duel systems, which one sounds close to Top Speed Pro? I really want that sound but in True Duel. If not, I guess I'll just go with Top Speed Pro...I've never heard of RSR exhaust. I looked for sound clips but didn't find any.
rsr is probably the loudest catback available for our cars. not many people have it as most find it too loud and the drone too annoying.

for you...i'd recommend stillen or fast intentions

Old 09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
OK - again, sound is subjective. The HKS, Fast Intentions and Stillen are the top 3 out there to consider. All are within about ~5 HP of each other..actually about 3HP. So the decision is purely based on sound, sound with HFC's or testpipes, or with headers, or with all of the additional exhaust mods you can do.

You really NEED to hear the systems in place to make your decision. Most of the system are really quiet at idle and cruise. AT cars will have more drone than MT cars. At WOT, they shine. Adding HFC's etc. to these can add rasp as well. Stillen says their HFC's don't add rasp to their system..though I've heard nothing but the opposite.

HKS doesn't make HFC's. Fast Intentions is the only company that specifically designed an exhaust catback with HFC's (two variations) and test pipes. The testpipes configuration will begin to rasp, a very tiny bit, over the long run.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
i have the ses with headers and test pipes and it doesnt rasp that bad but it is loud

Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
HKS it is then...does anyone know where I could get a good deal from?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Damn, then again, I really want the sound from Top Speed Pro....God I'm lost.....

Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Damn, then again, I really want the sound from Top Speed Pro....God I'm lost.....
well think about it do more research listen to sound clips!!!

i would go with Top Speed Pro but thats just me

look in the market place vendors for good deals on exhaust

Old 09-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seung, i feel your pain brutha. ask rick, i've been through several exhausts and STILL haven't found what i'm looking for. since sound is SOOO personal to you, it's hard to know exactly till u've had each system for a few weeks to make a decision. like most folks on here, buying a set is almost a shot in the dark unless u've heard/experienced it with yr ears. everyone's giving u good advice so far. those sound clips can only help to a certain extent. gl on the quest!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Tinman...yeah, its hard to get what I'm looking for. As I said, I had the Apexi N1 exhaust and that sounded bad a$$ but not true duel so I sold it. Its kinda pointless for me to go back to a single like TOP SPEED PRO even if I like the exhaust sound cause then, I should of kept the APEXI. I've listened to the HKS with test pipes and it sounds okay. I've heard the Stillen and it sounds stockish, and I can't seem to find sound clips for RSR. TOP SPEED PRO sounds fucin awsome, just not true duel....anyone have RSR clips? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Does anyone here have the TOP SPEED PRO? If you do, did you feel any HP gains and what y pipe are you using?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just slapped on the injen ses and it's perfect for me. not too loud, not too quiet and i like how it looks...i think i'm done w/exhaust now....

though i admit i've lost some torque down low...

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tinman143
just slapped on the injen ses and it's perfect for me. not too loud, not too quiet and i like how it looks...i think i'm done w/exhaust now....

though i admit i've lost some torque down low...
we barely have any now!

Edit: i dont kno if u have any other mods like FI, so.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loud exhaust..