Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Side exit??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xcrfx
whats the point on ripping on someone's car?seriously...people like you should go find a tall bridge and jump off.you don't make the car payments so why care about what someone else drives?unless its a honda with 5 diff color body panels and no exhaust with a 5 foot wing then who cares.

im not ripping you...did i say its a POS or anything? no i did not. all i said is that there have been many posts saying those things. personally i think cobalt ss's are a waste of money..but hey its not my money so i dont give a shi t. welcome to g35 driver!!

Old 11-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
haha i wish i could be as cool as you...damn!

-Sean

hey man as long as you admit im cooler...

Originally Posted by diablo1356
ok "nismo"...i didnt say you specifically did. i said that there have been numerous posts on this forum bashing cobalts and neons....am i wrong? and before you tell me to go look it up and prove it to you...im not gonna do that. you know they are there, so im not gonna bother. and please enlighten me to why you called my car used? im curious? i didnt know writing a check and actually owning the car made it used? hmmm and doing that on both my first car (04 coupe) and my second car (07 sedan).
its funny cause i just searched "cobalt ss" and came up with just about nothing.I dont get why you even had to bring it up?All i wanted to know was some info on the exhaust.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:54 PM
and by the way...you're the one calling my car used..so just thought id shed some light on the subject

Old 11-10-2007, 03:00 PM
im not ripping you...did i say its a POS or anything? no i did not. all i said is that there have been many posts saying those things. personally i think cobalt ss's are a waste of money..but hey its not my money so i dont give a shi t. welcome to g35 driver!!
Thats cool thats your opinion.At the time i was tight on money and had to get rid of my previous car cause it was costing too much and i got a killer deal on the ss.plus i was more into the tuner scene and whatnot but now i just wanna build a nicer luxurious car that still has power.but whatever..thanks for the welcome.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:08 PM
its funny cause i just searched "cobalt ss" and came up with just about nothing.I dont get why you even had to bring it up?All i wanted to know was some info on the exhaust.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=cobalt
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=cobalt+ss

Cobalt SS is a big piece of shiet!!!!! LOL You should walk from it easily if its stock.. modded it depends how modded it is... But I dont think you should have a problem..

tell him il take his punk a** and show him what japanese cars does to some american half a** muscle

that took me a couple of minutes to find...but good luck on your build and i think side exits would look nice on the g. but to make it look good its gonna cost some money...maybe its not worth it

Old 11-10-2007, 03:21 PM
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=cobalt+ss

Cobalt SS is a big piece of shiet!!!!! LOL You should walk from it easily if its stock.. modded it depends how modded it is... But I dont think you should have a problem..

tell him il take his punk a** and show him what japanese cars does to some american half a** muscle

that took me a couple of minutes to find...but good luck on your build and i think side exits would look nice on the g. but to make it look good its gonna cost some money...maybe its not worth it
Ya i found em all.pretty ignorant IMO..but whatever everyone is entitled to their opinion.I just want something that not EVERYONE else has.I know a dude that has a exhaust shop and can get hooked up with nice mandrel bent exhaust for cheap.guess ill just wait til i get it all done and take it in..maybe ill be the first person with side exhaust

Old 11-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Old 11-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you going to put the mufflers or are you hoping that doing some FI will quiet the car? Turbos may reduce the engine note minutely but cutting several ft of piping out and the mufflers negate that. This is assuming you leave the cats in place. Remove them w/a turbo setup and you'll get sweet F&F fireballs as well as emissions tickets and the need for a hearing aid by 30. S/C's don't help the noise thing either. You may as well strip the car of soundproofing to shave a few lbs at that point since the exhaust is all you'll ever hear.

Having a side exhaust for the sake of a side exhaust is a bit useless don't you think? Besides the obvious noise issues, it doesn't help performance nor would it integrate well unless you have some type of side skirt/exhaust finisher to go with it. Otherwise you have get the highly envied look of a clapped out pickup truck w/ broken exhaust hangers. There's a practical reason why no cars come w/ side exhaust outside of the Viper and even it has convoluted crossover pipes to handle the short exhaust noise issues.

If you want to make sure people know you're a true racing badass, why not just do the top fuel thing, buy some v-shaped pipes and make them come out the fender. The exhaust shop shouldn't have a hard time hooking you up there. Cut a hole to mount a Stillen S/C and you've got yourself a bona fide hotrod at quadruple the cost of just buying a Mustang in the first place.

There's simply no point in making a 3500lb GT luxury coupe into a loud, unrefined boy racer the Cobalt aspired to be. If you want an flamingly fruity, everyone look at me POS, go back to the Cobalt. You're lopping 5-7k off your resale value the second you do that to your G. At least w/ the Cobalt you know it's worth nothing before you start. You may be the first to go out the side...but you'll also likely be the last since none of the other members here dare touch your style.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
the top 10 d-bag cars were HILARIOUS!

Last edited by SteveBlake; 11-10-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by mishap
Where are you going to put the mufflers or are you hoping that doing some FI will quiet the car? Turbos may reduce the engine note minutely but cutting several ft of piping out and the mufflers negate that. This is assuming you leave the cats in place. Remove them w/a turbo setup and you'll get sweet F&F fireballs as well as emissions tickets and the need for a hearing aid by 30. S/C's don't help the noise thing either. You may as well strip the car of soundproofing to shave a few lbs at that point since the exhaust is all you'll ever hear.

Having a side exhaust for the sake of a side exhaust is a bit useless don't you think? Besides the obvious noise issues, it doesn't help performance nor would it integrate well unless you have some type of side skirt/exhaust finisher to go with it. Otherwise you have get the highly envied look of a clapped out pickup truck w/ broken exhaust hangers. There's a practical reason why no cars come w/ side exhaust outside of the Viper and even it has convoluted crossover pipes to handle the short exhaust noise issues.

If you want to make sure people know you're a true racing badass, why not just do the top fuel thing, buy some v-shaped pipes and make them come out the fender. The exhaust shop shouldn't have a hard time hooking you up there. Cut a hole to mount a Stillen S/C and you've got yourself a bona fide hotrod at quadruple the cost of just buying a Mustang in the first place.

There's simply no point in making a 3500lb GT luxury coupe into a loud, unrefined boy racer the Cobalt aspired to be. If you want an flamingly fruity, everyone look at me POS, go back to the Cobalt. You're lopping 5-7k off your resale value the second you do that to your G. At least w/ the Cobalt you know it's worth nothing before you start. You may be the first to go out the side...but you'll also likely be the last since none of the other members here dare touch your style.

well put!....but to the op...i told you so!!

Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
ok so obviously im new to these forums as this is my first post/thread.Ive always loved g35s but were outta my price range.but now the 03/04's are goin for pretty cheap so imma pick one up here in a a few weeks or so when i get my license back.

My question is tho has anyone heard of/seen any g35 coupes with side exit exhaust?imma be going FI maybe a month or so after i get it along with wheels/lowering springs/full body kit.I had a supercharged cobalt as my last car.I put side exit on it and loved the way it looked/sounded.so does anyone know how it looks/sounds on a g35?i will prob mold it into my side skirt but just need some opinions.I DONT need any "thats gay" or "thats so ricerish"..just some positive feedback please.
When you get your license back? Did someone take your license away when they heard your idea about side exit exhaust on a G35?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Side exit??