Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Side exit??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
LOLOLOL

Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mishap
Where are you going to put the mufflers or are you hoping that doing some FI will quiet the car? Turbos may reduce the engine note minutely but cutting several ft of piping out and the mufflers negate that. This is assuming you leave the cats in place. Remove them w/a turbo setup and you'll get sweet F&F fireballs as well as emissions tickets and the need for a hearing aid by 30. S/C's don't help the noise thing either. You may as well strip the car of soundproofing to shave a few lbs at that point since the exhaust is all you'll ever hear.

Having a side exhaust for the sake of a side exhaust is a bit useless don't you think? Besides the obvious noise issues, it doesn't help performance nor would it integrate well unless you have some type of side skirt/exhaust finisher to go with it. Otherwise you have get the highly envied look of a clapped out pickup truck w/ broken exhaust hangers. There's a practical reason why no cars come w/ side exhaust outside of the Viper and even it has convoluted crossover pipes to handle the short exhaust noise issues.

If you want to make sure people know you're a true racing badass, why not just do the top fuel thing, buy some v-shaped pipes and make them come out the fender. The exhaust shop shouldn't have a hard time hooking you up there. Cut a hole to mount a Stillen S/C and you've got yourself a bona fide hotrod at quadruple the cost of just buying a Mustang in the first place.

There's simply no point in making a 3500lb GT luxury coupe into a loud, unrefined boy racer the Cobalt aspired to be. If you want an flamingly fruity, everyone look at me POS, go back to the Cobalt. You're lopping 5-7k off your resale value the second you do that to your G. At least w/ the Cobalt you know it's worth nothing before you start. You may be the first to go out the side...but you'll also likely be the last since none of the other members here dare touch your style.
actually i was gonna do high flow cat and figure out a way to do a muffler.you guys really are all a bunch of douche bags arent you?all i asked was a simple question.you must sleep great at night knowing you can talk **** on the internet huh?the last post i made i thought ended it all but apparently people like you have nothing better to do then talk more ****. do me a favor...go drink some bleach.

When you get your license back? Did someone take your license away when they heard your idea about side exit exhaust on a G35?
no i got it taken for doing a 120 on my bike on the freeway.nice attempt at an insult.why dont you go join mishap and you guys can kill yourselves together.

2005 G35 Coupe (Silver) 5AT | 1,200 Shetland Pony Power | | 19" OEM Wheels | JWT Pop Charger | Z-Tube | 1/2" Motordyne Spacer with Iso Thermal Gasket | Crawford High-Flow Cats | Borla Exhaust | 10-Wire Grounding Kit | Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil | Stillen Sways? | Stillen Headers? | UR Crank Pulley?

is it really necessary to put what kinda oil you use in your sig?

you all REALLY need to find something better to do then talk **** when there is no need to.i didnt ask for any opinions about my old car or anything of the such so stfu.ok?thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 02:42 PM
...oh and the fact you took time to find that picture...then photoshop it...then upload it and post it is really sad.go get a life and get off the forums.people like you are the reason why i dont get on forums normally.i thought this forum seemed more mature but you proved me wrong.congrats.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I would think it would work just fine (side exhaust), if it was worked into the side skirts and a wide body kit (ala roush mustang). You could be the first! I say go for it.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by xcrfx
actually i was gonna do high flow cat and figure out a way to do a muffler.you guys really are all a bunch of douche bags arent you?all i asked was a simple question.you must sleep great at night knowing you can talk **** on the internet huh?the last post i made i thought ended it all but apparently people like you have nothing better to do then talk more ****. do me a favor...go drink some bleach.
you should see my350z lmao...don't worry about it, there's a bunch of young fvckers that think they're the **** because they bought a used g35 and think they're superior than everyone...don't let the minority speak for the majority

as for side exit exhausts, i think it would look fine (i've thought about it), but it may not be cost affective...i think the falken drift car looks pretty badass!

there's a split within the g35 comunity...those that think the g35 is the epitomy of luxury and those that see it as a sports car with a back seat....since there's no fine line of what the G really is, these two schools generally butt heads about what's appropriate or not on the G

Last edited by 617G; 11-13-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by 617G
you should see my350z lmao...don't worry about it, there's a bunch of young fvckers that think they're the **** because they bought a used g35 and think they're superior than everyone...don't let the minority speak for the majority

as for side exit exhausts, i think it would look fine (i've thought about it), but it may not be cost affective...i think the falken drift car looks pretty badass!

there's a split within the g35 comunity...those that think the g35 is the epitomy of luxury and those that see it as a sports car with a back seat....since there's no fine line of what the G really is, these two schools generally butt heads about what's appropriate or not on the G
lol ya i saw my350z and didnt bother to join for that reason..ya the only reason i made this post was to see if its been done and whatnot.not all the bs that people bring up.and ya...i definitely noticed that some people think the g35 is gods gift to the luxury market..they kinda sounds like little kids with hondas that throw on a test pipe and knock-off N1 muffler and think hondas the greatest **** ever.I mean ya its a nice looking car and definetly has some luxury car features but thats not why im getting one or why the appeal to me.whatever...kids will be kids.thanks for not being a douche bag like the rest.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I think this topic has reached its end.