Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

o2 sensor help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o2 sensor help!

2003 sedan - i need the stock lower o2 sensor wire colors left and right in order to replace with universal type o2 sensor.

universal colors = stock colors

white =
white =
black =
gray =

Old 12-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can look at the stock colors in the office on Monday... I forget off hand...

What are you trying to do?

Old 12-03-2007, 08:26 AM
im replacing the stock ones with universal replacements the universals require that you use the old stock wireing harness by cuting it off of the old o2 sensor
i just need to be sure and match all 4 wires from the old harness to the coinsideing wires on the new o2 sensor

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...USOS-4000.html

Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by trixder
2003 sedan - i need the stock lower o2 sensor wire colors left and right in order to replace with universal type o2 sensor.

white =
white =
black =
gray =
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but on the power side: power, ground, serial out, and analog out should be their purposes. The black should be the ground, the whites are probably the outs, and grey for power. I thought one of the wires was red but now I'm second guessing myself. Checking o2 sensor wire colors will help you as I am not 100% confident in what you are asking.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by trixder

white =
white =
black =
gray =
Hey Trixder, I've got a question since you've been poking around in that area of the O2 sensor wiring....for my 2003 Sedan, my passenger side lower oxygen sensor.....the connector from the harness that connects to the connector to sensor wiring has busted off and I have a fray of 4 wires......BLACK, RED/BLACK, BROWN/BLACK and WHITE/RED.....now the connector is gone and I need to splice hardwire to the sensor wiring. Which is WHIITE, WHITE, GRAY, BLACK and I cannot find anywhere that shows the wiring orientation. Can you help a brother out??
cheers.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:04 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
This thread and that user have been inactive for over a decade so I would be surprised if you got a response from them however you can find the wiring schematic in the factory service manual, section EC, page 246 for bank 1 and 248 for bank 2.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/ec.pdf

Wire color codes are located in GI, page 17

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/gi.pdf

Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
This thread and that user have been inactive for over a decade so I would be surprised if you got a response from them however you can find the wiring schematic in the factory service manual, section EC, page 246 for bank 1 and 248 for bank 2.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/ec.pdf

Wire color codes are located in GI, page 17

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/gi.pdf
Thanks so much for the information and documents. Sometimes it's hard to find a specific answer for a specific question and I've been scouring the interwebs all day. With the docs you sent me, I think I have enough information to get it all sorted out. To the best of what I can figure out, passenger side (which is the side in question) is Bank 1 and the only disparity I've found is that the "book" calls out a PINK/Black wire and I don't have a PINK/BLACK (the rest of the three are correct) but I have a BROWN/BLACK wire. Which since I can't get any clarification on it, I'm just going to use the Brown with Black stripe in the Pink with Black stripe location and see what I get.
Also, I DO NOT have the connector, it was lost when the deer took it out....so....the book shows what number pin the wires are BUT I don't have a legend pin location for the connector ---- so ---- I'm going to take the pin location for Bank 2 from the book and see physically see where they are in the connector under the car so I can draw a legend and use that for the Bank 1 sensor (obviously using the Bank 1 wire locations). What a pain in the butt with lots of room for error. But without someone physically looking under their car at the 4 wire connector, I can't think of any other way.

BTW this is my daughters car which makes it all a double pain in the butt and I have to get the codes cleared so she can have the car inspected for registration renewal....ugh Teenagers MY only saving grace is that I'm a aircraft mechanic and I can somewhat fumble my way through this hahaha

Again Cleric thanks a ton for the info and a quick reply to the dead thread.
Cheers.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:19 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Check section PG, I think that harness M72/F102 is the super multiple junction (SMJ) right next to Fuse Block J/B which is the one next to the clutch pedal. Take off the kick panel and you can see it.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/

EDIT: ECU wiring schematic is in there as well, if you just check the harness on the ECU I bet pin 41 has your BROWN/BLACK wire on it instead of a PINK/BLACK.

Last edited by cleric670; 04-10-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Check PG page 69 for the ECU pin layout.

EDIT: There is two different ECU's for that vehicle depending on whether it's an early 2003 or a later one. That's probably where the wire color discrepancy comes from but both ECU's should have pin 41 and 88 coming from bank 1 (passenger side) downstream O2 sensors.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Check PG page 69 for the ECU pin layout.

EDIT: There is two different ECU's for that vehicle depending on whether it's an early 2003 or a later one. That's probably where the wire color discrepancy comes from but both ECU's should have pin 41 and 88 coming from bank 1 (passenger side) downstream O2 sensors.
Man oh man!!! Those links were amazing! Well I found the schematics and pin layout, thank you so very much Cleric, also found a blown 15A fuse for the O2 sensor circuit. Was able to map out wire/pin orientation for the O2 connector going off the schematic and the other bank and drew up a pin layout for the bank I was working on. I spliced in ab ki it 5 inches of wiring to the 4 wires l, cut off the bank 1 sensor connector and hard wired in the harness. I hear shrunk the splices and taped up all the wiring and tucked it away securing it with zip-ties.
My daughter had to go run some errands so I didn't have a chance yet to disconnect the battery for a half hour or so to see if the service engine light clears. But driving it to Autozone to replace the spare fuses, she purred like a kitten!!
again, can't thank you enough for the information and pointing me in a good direction.

Ran over a deer carcass and it took out the Bank 1 O2 sensor connector.
The wiring from the engine harness for Bank 1 Sensor 2
I cut off the sensor connector and Hard wired in 5 inches of wiring from enging bank 1 sensor 2 engine harness directly to the sensor.
Its all heat shrunk splices and as water tight as i can make it and zip-tied into place.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yep nice work improvising with that, here's another link you will like it includes the resets for the ECU, idle air, etc. You can battery disconnect and pump the brakes a few times to reset the ECU (let it sit for a half hour or so) but the "pedal dance" method works fine, use a stopwatch because the seconds counts need to be pretty exact. I would definitely do the ECU and idle air reset, if you have a bluetooth OBD2 module you can also use a smartphone app to do the ECU reset and idle air (I like Torque Pro, it's $5 on the google play store).

http://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-350...procedure.html

Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Yep nice work improvising with that, here's another link you will like it includes the resets for the ECU, idle air, etc. You can battery disconnect and pump the brakes a few times to reset the ECU (let it sit for a half hour or so) but the "pedal dance" method works fine, use a stopwatch because the seconds counts need to be pretty exact. I would definitely do the ECU and idle air reset, if you have a bluetooth OBD2 module you can also use a smartphone app to do the ECU reset and idle air (I like Torque Pro, it's $5 on the google play store).

http://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-350...procedure.html

Sweeeeet info! I tried the pedal pump before but I couldn't get it to work....probably why I don't have any sick dance moves! Just ordered a bluetooth from Amazon

Amazon Amazon

and downloaded that App. I'll definitely do the ECU reset and Idle Air and I can't wait to put all this behind me haha. But I've definitely learned a lot and a lot more about the car than I ever thought I would....It's made me want to get a used Infiniti for myself to tinker around with I'll keep you posted on how I fair with the OBD2 scan and reset.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Heli_Doc
Sweeeeet info! I tried the pedal pump before but I couldn't get it to work....probably why I don't have any sick dance moves! Just ordered a bluetooth from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and downloaded that App. I'll definitely do the ECU reset and Idle Air and I can't wait to put all this behind me haha. But I've definitely learned a lot and a lot more about the car than I ever thought I would....It's made me want to get a used Infiniti for myself to tinker around with I'll keep you posted on how I fair with the OBD2 scan and reset.

Hey Cleric just wanted to let you know all is good to go and codes are all cleared with no recurring faults!! I love this little OBD2 module as well...I used the App that you mentioned and it worked great but I didn't see anywhere about an Idle Air Reset on the App.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:12 PM
basic sport
I have the same issue but different colored wires any help appreciated

Old 11-02-2022, 08:56 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Exactly what year and chassis do you have?