Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen or JWT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen or JWT

lookin on everythingg35.com for a intake i already purchased a 1/2 plenum spacer....now for the front half of the intake......what should i opt for the JWT popcharger/Z tube combo or - STILLEN HI FLOW INTAKE W/Z-TUBE KIT whats the real difference?

Thanks for the input

Old 12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Others on this site can be far more informative as to the performance difference between JWT and Stillen.Both are probably good.
But if your going for sound(Grrr) I would go with Injen intake/z-tube.I've heard(not driven) all 3 brands on 04 Sedans.And maybe it's a personal taste thing but I prefered the Injen.My second choice would be Stillen.You can do a search here and there are a lot of threads with sound clips on pretty much all the makes.The Injen comes in 3 colours(red,blue,polished) I think,not sure about the others.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Here is my $0.02

Stillen looks better and will give you a tiny bit better performance but it costs more.

JWT is a better overall deal.

When I was N/A I went with Stillen for the clean looks.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
these will be a very bias reccomendations. Personally, I have the stillen w/ z tube and love it. However, I am wanting to try to JWT at one point. I had the same perdicament when choosing my intake... it was between the stillen and jwt. What I came up with was the no matter what I chose, I was going to be happy. I've heard the best combo is the stillen housing with the jwt filter. I am going to try that probably in the summer to see what sounds I get. So it's a little of both worlds. Whichever you will choose... you'll be happy with.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Grocery getter

I had an AEM Dryflow filter on my Stillen. It is also a good choice and does not have the oil issues.

Either way you are within 1-2hp at most between the two. Go for which ever you like the most.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I thought this was between the JWT TT kit and the Stillen supercharger. I was going to come in and tell you you're crazy for even comparing the two. With the topic on intake, I would go with the stillen as they have a better heat shield. They are a bit pricey, but I think its worth the extra $ if you're going to spend it anyway. You can always change the filter around to you liking if you want down the line.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i say buy the Stillen and when you need to clean the filter... you just buy a pop charger replacement filter so you will still look clean and sound louder...

Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
I had an AEM Dryflow filter on my Stillen. It is also a good choice and does not have the oil issues.

Either way you are within 1-2hp at most between the two. Go for which ever you like the most.
what was the part number to the dry flow filter?... I have yet to find anything that shows the model that fits... did the one you use fit proper?...

Old 12-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Intakes.....worth it or not?

Good choice on the 1/2" spacer, hope it's one of MotorDynes with ISO. The
intake by it's self doesn't make HP but when you add the spacer along with
a free flowing exhaust that's where the HP comes form. They all work togeather with Stillens CAI which allows cooler air into the plenum than those
intakes with metal tubes and exposed filters. Go with Stillens CAI, it's clean
and it's CARB legal!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Good choice on the 1/2" spacer, hope it's one of MotorDynes with ISO. The
intake by it's self doesn't make HP but when you add the spacer along with
a free flowing exhaust that's where the HP comes form. They all work togeather with Stillens CAI which allows cooler air into the plenum than those
intakes with metal tubes and exposed filters. Go with Stillens CAI, it's clean
and it's CARB legal!

Stillen is the better choice because it haves a better heat shield than the JWT.( It covers the whole filter and it's not made of metal)

I would have one, but I'm going F/I soon (Hopeful)

Old 12-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned
You lose 1% of hp for every 10 deg of change in temp..............in the + driection of course. So that's say 235rwhp divided by 1% and say times 3 for 30 degrees and that's................. well you do the math. Then there is the cost and the sound you want, now that's up to you.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 AM
yea i finally got my **** together and decided to get started on my G and i was askin myself this same question. JWT pop charge w/ z tube or Stillen Cold Air Intake w/Z Tube Kit? I mean i was looking into both and there is about a 50 bucks difference between the two. But after reading this thread i take it the stillen slightly outperforms the jwt?

Old 12-26-2007, 12:54 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Stillen FTW, and search, theres 200000000 threads on this.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Roguewolf
yea i finally got my **** together and decided to get started on my G and i was askin myself this same question. JWT pop charge w/ z tube or Stillen Cold Air Intake w/Z Tube Kit? I mean i was looking into both and there is about a 50 bucks difference between the two. But after reading this thread i take it the stillen slightly outperforms the jwt?

It's only a matter of how much you want to spend. I went with the stillen and couldn't be happier. Stillen has a nicer housing but JWT has the awesome whistle. I say, get the stillen and when it's time to clean the filter, get a new JWT filter and try it out. You'll get a different sound and now will have a backup when your stillen filter is being cleaned. That's what I am going to do and couldn't be happier with the stillen.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by OCG35
what was the part number to the dry flow filter?... I have yet to find anything that shows the model that fits... did the one you use fit proper?...

Sorry but I don't remember the part number; it was sold with the intake. I measured the length and opening and got one from an online site. It fit perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen or JWT