Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

JWT Pop-Charger + Z-Tube DIY (pics and videos)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: JWT Pop-Charger + Z-Tube DIY (pics and videos)

All I had left over were spare OEM Parts and a couple of clear/white stickers that had JWT on them.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger
RT Cats & JIC Y-Pipe(on order)

Old 03-10-2004, 09:12 AM

Speedaholic, that's "Quick_6", not a problem. Anyway, the spare bracket connects the heat shield to the air duct in front of the car. Here's a pic. The instructions were on the piece of paper that was in the plastic bag from performancenissanparts.com. Sorry for the bad pic.

2004 Ivory/Willow Auto Coupe, NAV, Premium, Performance, Aero Kit with Spoiler 4-piece.

RIP babygirl

205478-bracket.jpg

Old 03-10-2004, 10:27 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick_6 Thanks !

Question though: I don't recall having any spare nuts/bolts to secure that bracket... where did you get those? did they come with the Pop-Charger?

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/Polk TW/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop-Charger/Z-Tube [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 12:44 PM

They were in the same plastic bags as the stickers were. You need 2 screws and 2 washers. However, these 10mm screws you can probably get at a hardware store.

2004 Ivory/Willow Auto Coupe, NAV, Premium, Performance, Aero Kit with Spoiler 4-piece.

RIP babygirl

Old 03-10-2004, 01:18 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

$hit, now I know what I did wrong.... never mind.....
Thanks Quick_6

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/Polk TW/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop-Charger/Z-Tube [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey man. First of all, awesome instructions. You rock. Secondly, after installing the Z Tube/Pop-charger combo, do you hear a traditional "whistle" associated with aftermarket intakes? Just curious.

Again Kudos to you,

Old 03-11-2004, 03:32 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Thanks.

Yes, if you tip the gas pedal you get this hissing sound as well as when you step on it hard. If you have your windows open the first split of a second you can hear that "pssss" sound. But the real fun starts around 5000rpms... that sucker is just EVIL! I passed someone on the highway this morning, I think I scared the $hit out of him [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]
He had this look on his face as if a ghost just passed him...

But then again, my baby's name is Genie... hehehe

Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 PM

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH EVERYONE -- AWESOME INSTRUCTIONS MAN!

Is there a printer friendly version to these? I'm gonna order my stuff today and want to use them but I cant seem to figure out how to print out the pics and the captions with em?? Any idea??? Thanks again!

Old 05-14-2004, 01:53 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

thekid,

Thanks,
I'm actually working on a web server to host this DIY as well as some other DIYs that I've done in the past. It should be up by the end of this weekend.
I'll be back with a link.

04 6MTC DG/G/Prm/NAV/C.Crnrs/C.Br/A.ped/Polk/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop Charger/Z-Tube/Spl.Grds

Old 05-14-2004, 02:46 PM

I'm fairly new at all this so sorry if this is a dumb question but with the filter pretty much exposed as it is (the OEM filter sits in a box with a drain in the bottom)- what prevents tons of moisture/rain from being absorbed in/through the filter and into the engine? Is it the oil you put on the filter? If so- that seems kinda dangerous to me unless you're extremely **** and remember to clean and reoil that sucker all the time. Sure does make the car sound good though!

Old 05-14-2004, 08:20 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

OK, my web server is up (if you can call it a server...).
For anyone who is interested, I've put together an html version of the DIY mentioned above.

The DIY can be found here

One thing to note though, is that my upload speed (that would be your download speed) sucks big time. So please be patient while the page loads.

04 6MTC DG/G/Prm/NAV/C.Crnrs/C.Br/A.ped/Polk/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop Charger/Z-Tube/Spl.Grds

Old 05-18-2004, 02:39 PM

Actually DaBaur that's a pretty good question..I'm not too sure about that either? Does anyone have a techy answer to this?

Also, Did we all come to a conclusion about what's the best way to fix the AC rubbing problem? I heard bending a bracket would help but I'm not sure which one that's be referring to? Or is it just better to insulate the AC line? I'm gonna be getting mine in a day or two and just wondered what the general consensus on best practices. Thanks everyone...

Old 05-18-2004, 03:06 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

As far as rain getting to the air filter, I highly doubt it's possible. If you get rain entering the engine bay, your air filter
would be the least of your concerns. You'll have water all over the engine and other parts. As long as you haven't been involved in an accident, which
caused a structural damage to the frame/hood that left an opening for rain and other crap to enter the engine bay, you should be OK.

TheKid,

The bracket that was mentioned, is the one that's connected directly to the air filter and holds it in place against the body frame. (See in the picture below)

As far using plastic insulator, I highly doubt it will do the trick. If you have something that can punch a hole through a metal pipe, I'm
sure it'll rub a piece of plastic insulator pretty easily. Just bend the bracket and you should be ok.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:14 PM

Man Speed, your like my personal G35 mod confidant...Thanks for all your help and the clarification! I'll let ya know how it works out when I install later this week. Thanks again!

Old 05-18-2004, 04:46 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

LOL, no problem.
Good luck with the install, it's a no brainer.
And don't forget to floor that sucker when you're done. When you floor it, look at the mirror - you'll see a huge ear to ear grin...[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Pop-Charger + Z-Tube DIY (pics and videos)