Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

What HFC to order for Forced Induction Vehicle...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
What HFC to order for Forced Induction Vehicle...

Well just to let everyone know..I had the Fast Intentions HFC 300 Cell on the car and I am assuming I was running alittle rich with my supercharger.....Reason being is when my HKS was pulled off today at the shop that I am replacing with another HKS....thats another story...My mechanic called me and said he dumped out a whole lot of crap from inside tohe exhaust...welll that crap ended up being the insides of the CATS...i.e. the honeycomb part...So with that being said it is time that I order some more cats..I wanted to get an idea from those around which cats I should order...?

Please let me know...Also with my OLD HKS to explain alittle..when i ordered the exhaust it came in but was damaged in shipping...when i mean damaged...

So with that being said I filed a claim and got all my money back that i spent...UPS didnt take the exhaust back so i welded in a pipe in the spot and had it fixed...hey whynot...so with that being said the welds have started to break or rust out so I have exhaust leaks now...i said to the hell with it I bought a new one...Make it even worse my mother backed my car out of our driveway one day when we were having family over and hit the curb on the driveway with one of the tips bending it down and scratching it bad...So I thought it made a good point to replace.

The old exhaust that I pulled off I will either being parting it out or selling the whole thing for a really good deal to anyone who can deal with a somewhat scratched tip...you can easily have the welds fixed and the y-pipe of course is like all other y pipes on lowered cars....scuffed up as well.

Anyways to the Original topic up top someone with any ideas please let me know.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been running crawfords for 7 months post-FI (got them ~4 months pre-FI). I don't know man, I'm guessing most people will tell you that metallics are better than ceramics in this case, but I don't know how much of a difference brand or cell count is gonna make when you've got that hideous amount of carbon going through the system. I personally plan on replacing my crawfords about once per year. If they go longer than that, , otherwise I'll just have to eat the cost. They're holding up well so far, no changes in exhaust note, I can still visually see the flow on cold mornings, so I'm guessing no clogs yet, that may change in a few months though.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I have Kenetix HFCs and they have been fine for the last 2 years.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Yeah since this post I have ordered the New Kinetix HFC with the new spun design...

Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I had a set of kinetix for a little while. They were nice.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I may get a set of kinetix after my crawfords go, man those things are cheap ($370 vs. $525 for crawfords)! I figured there was a catch (no bungs for stock O2 sensors or something), but it looks like they have them, and given all of the good reviews, sounds like pretty good bang for the buck.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by aero
I may get a set of kinetix after my crawfords go, man those things are cheap ($370 vs. $525 for crawfords)! I figured there was a catch (no bungs for stock O2 sensors or something), but it looks like they have them, and given all of the good reviews, sounds like pretty good bang for the buck.
its funny that you say that...I ordered mine directly from Kinetix...I get a response back from them saying....

I Ordered on Jan 30th a wednesday....

I sent them an email on Feb. 1st reagarding my order since I hadnt recieved a thank you for ordering or anything of tha tnature... they replied back on Feb 5th (Tuesday) with...

"sorry for the delays, your cats will ship in approx 4-5 days, we will email you when we have tracking info"

Then I replied back with what is taking so long? Are you not the manufacturer since I ordered directly? do you not have them in stock? (on there website they said in stock ready to ship)

They respond back with..

We are waiting on the oxygen sensor bungs to finish fabrication

so I asked how long is this supposed to take....I havent recieved a response back yet...I just dont understand why you would post on there website order now with the quotations in stock ready to ship..."which was the reason I bought them directly" I get a response back stating the above....

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
That's weird, there must be a bung shortage, maybe people are scalping them on ebay to make up for their losses in the housing market!
Guy on the street opens coat, "hey man, you need a bung? I got some bungs, top notch". Hahaha.

Well, on the bright side, you got some good cats for a great price and they should hold up for a while. Could be worse, my beast is in the shop [again] for another month of torture while my defective vortech is fixed [again].

Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
lol!! Im glad I stuck with the PRocharger...I sent mine off to get the seals, bearings, and impeller replaced.

I have being installed right now on the car:

-Kinetix HFCs (New Design)
-HKS exhaust
-ARC oil Catch Can
-Koyo Radiator with Samco Hoses
-Nismo rear Finned Diff w/redline
-Adjustable sway bar end links
-All new Defi Gauges to replace my Greddy Warning gauges....they work but I like the look of the Defi...
-I am going to have the car-retuned hopefully.

I cant think of anything else...

Last edited by g35man04; 02-07-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:20 AM
You're like my evil twin man! We have almost identical numbers, 364/316 vs. 364/313. Once vortech sends back my head unit, I'm throwing on the 2.87" pulley, 650cc injectors, cat-back exhaust and a retune. I'm shooting for 400/340, but hoping for more.

Originally Posted by g35man04
lol!! Im glad I stuck with the PRocharger...I sent mine off to get the seals, bearings, and impeller replaced.

I have being installed right now on the car:

-Kinetix HFCs (New Design)
-HKS exhaust
-ARC oil Catch Can
-Koyo Radiator with Samco Hoses
-Nismo rear Finned Diff w/redline
-Adjustable sway bar end links
-All new Defi Gauges to replace my Greddy Warning gauges....they work but I like the look of the Defi...
-I am going to have the car-retuned hopefully.

I cant think of anything else...