Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Cosworth plenum installed *pics*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your engine bay looks sweet! Very nice pics!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JdM_G35
do u know who you're asking this question?
lol--of course he's polishing it eh--Marty #1 balla

Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I don't know man... I'm thinking if you PC the plenum the same electric royal blue and paint that TB black it would look sick!

Polish doesn’t really flow with your theme (IMO)

Just be sure to have it lightly polished if you powder coat it... otherwise the rough cast will show specs...

Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I don't know man... I'm thinking if you PC the plenum the same electric royal blue and paint that TB black it would look sick!

Polish doesn’t really flow with your theme (IMO)

Just be sure to have it lightly polished if you powder coat it... otherwise the rough cast will show specs...
very good suggestion--OC could you pm me the info of the place you use for powerdcoating? I am unsure of any good local places that could do it for me. Thx!

Old 02-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
It looks great. I think it might be a great plenum for FI. But as far as NA, there's nothing better in terms of value/performance than...well, you know

I'll await more reviews/tests/dyno's of that setup before I speak anymore regarding performance.

It definately looks awesome though

Old 02-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha you guys are funny but yes, i'm getting it polished . So which epoxy did u decide to use because I remember seeing a post between you and Tony about epoxy consistency?

Old 02-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
It looks great. I think it might be a great plenum for FI. But as far as NA, there's nothing better in terms of value/performance than...well, you know

I'll await more reviews/tests/dyno's of that setup before I speak anymore regarding performance.

It definately looks awesome though
I don't know Henry... this plenum is only barely getting on cars now... it's exciting because it's been months - in some/most cases over a year... we could be surprised... Cost/benefit = the "you know" is most likely better... but squeezing power and further tweaking and cams and headers and internals, and blah, blah... this could be good stuff!!! For built N/A as an alternative to FI – who knows?… I like the idea – just need to see the pioneers make something of/from it…

Old 02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I should make it to the dyno next week hopefully.

Just thought I'd share some of the comments my tech shared with me regarding the cos install:

"Just wanted to give you low down on your last visit. Everything went well with your intake install. I managed to retain the thermal barrier for the throttle housing and used the new Hondata gasket. A few things needed relocating but overall it's a great fit. I used my inch pound torque wrench to torque the bolts holding the carbon end caps on as specified which is only about the third time I've used that overpriced tool!! I had a bit of an issue getting the ecu to relearn the idle air volumn value but eventually I got it. It's very specific as to the rpm range and load it will relearn the volumn of air entering the engine at idle. With all the changes to rotating mass and air flow on the intake side it's not surprising.

Your oil separator was full so I removed and emptied it. It seemed to be a mixture of oil vapor and water which is exactly what would be expected. Your oil level was fine, no worries there.

The pulleys all were tight but I did reset the belt tension. I did hear some noise from the belts and I think it's due to the fact that the pulleys are aluminum and the belts will pick up a glaze of alumimum as they wear. Aluminum is soft and will easily transfer a surface glaze. I don't think there is much that can be done. Your front crank seal was totally dry, no leaks. I made a template for your heat shield and will make it over the next week or two."

Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
looks great

Old 02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
your car is slowly coming together piece by piece!

nice!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:31 PM
ok, I got the car dynoed and am going to kinkos to have the sheets scanned and put on a flash drive. I will post the results shortly.

Let me just say that the MD setup made more power overall, with a slight twist...

Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
ok, I got the car dynoed and am going to kinkos to have the sheets scanned and put on a flash drive. I will post the results shortly.

Let me just say that the MD setup made more power overall, with a slight twist...
Interesting... I'm anxious to know what the "twist" is... I imagine a tune would be in order for proper a/f with this setup - seems that flow velocity would be greater?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Interesting... I'm anxious to know what the "twist" is... I imagine a tune would be in order for proper a/f with this setup - seems that flow velocity would be greater?
A tune would likely help. The twist is the cos produced less power overall, but maintained peak power b/w 6-7k, unlike the MD setup which steady fell off after 6k.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Thanks for the great info. I'm not surprised at the MD's power falling off as it still uses the stock stuff. It's a great testiment to the power of Motodyne's products.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:14 PM
A tune would likely help. The twist is the cos produced less power overall, but maintained peak power b/w 6-7k, unlike the MD setup which steady fell off after 6k.
interesting... I wonder how it would react to Osiris...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cosworth plenum installed *pics*