Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

STILLEN vs. FAST INTENTIONS vs. FUJITSUBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
I would go Fuji, stillen, fast intentions.

Stillen is going to provide the most gains, but weighs a little bit more. The fuji has nice gains as well and weighs the same as the factory. Fast intentions...never been a fan of the looks, but it sounds basically identical to the stillen.

-Sean
The gains are neglible. The Stillen weighs too much. For NA, its more a matter of preference in looks & sound, seeing how most 2.25 & 2.5 exhausts produce about the same power for naturally aspirated.

And the Fast Intentions sounds nothing like the Stillen (Coupe). They both retain the VQ note, with Stillen being the closest to stock, but they are very distinguisable from each other. Trust me, I hear both every day

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 02-12-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does the fast intentions exhaust exhaust note compared to stock or stillen? louder? about the same?

Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta find my sound clip of my fast intentions exhaust with FI test pipes.. sounds amazing.. i have both clips before and after test pipes...

Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Is it possible to change the tips on the stillen?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:12 AM
i love my stillen single wall tips......

Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Fuji sounds nice, so does the FI on 6mt. But really that much drone on FI 5at? I can't imagine it has more drone then HKS @2000-2300rpm?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Thinkdiesel
Fuji sounds nice, so does the FI on 6mt. But really that much drone on FI 5at? I can't imagine it has more drone then HKS @2000-2300rpm?
The issue is the 5AT torque converter momentarily holds the rpms right around 2300 rpms (stall speed) and the FI does drone at that point (I only tested with hfcs). If you use MM mode, you can keep it out of that range.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
The gains are neglible. The Stillen weighs too much. For NA, its more a matter of preference in looks & sound, seeing how most 2.25 & 2.5 exhausts produce about the same power for naturally aspirated.

And the Fast Intentions sounds nothing like the Stillen (Coupe). They both retain the VQ note, with Stillen being the closest to stock, but they are very distinguisable from each other. Trust me, I hear both every day

You need to get your ears checked. I too have heard both in person and they are very very simulary.

As for the exhaust giving gains what you said is not true and true. Some how this topic always comes up and will never go away. The ehaust does give performance. If it didn't people wouldn't run better times. It depends on what other mods you have done to the car. If you car is stock then you won't see a big difference at all, but when you combine your exhaust with an intake (yes a intake will give gains as well and no it doesn't take away HP like everyone says), spacer or anything else for that matter you will see nice gains.

-Sean

Old 02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by jaysonz35
how does the fast intentions exhaust exhaust note compared to stock or stillen? louder? about the same?
To me it is a tad louder. Still maintains the same note though.

-Sean

Old 02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N18RmcuyV38&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N18RmcuyV38&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Here is a clip of the stillen on my car...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vcnXnBHMuAg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vcnXnBHMuAg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old 02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Those two really don't sound anything alike... I love FI's tone so I'd say go with them, but if you're looking for a quieter exhaust do Fujitsubo.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Fuji is on like a 14 week backorder or I would get one!

Pm me if anyone has one for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
teamsolo.net im-integline
i jsut got my FI for my 08 coupe and its great. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Fuji over stillen any day if you rule out FI. But i would do FI, Fuji then Stillen. I hate stillen, their products, customer service etc. So i might be a tad bit biased
check my sig

Old 02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
You need to get your ears checked. I too have heard both in person and they are very very simulary.
Nope. What may be very similar to you might be distinctive enough for most. I'd never be able to confuse an FI Coupe over a Stillen Coupe

As for the exhaust giving gains what you said is not true and true. Some how this topic always comes up and will never go away. The ehaust does give performance. If it didn't people wouldn't run better times. It depends on what other mods you have done to the car. If you car is stock then you won't see a big difference at all, but when you combine your exhaust with an intake (yes a intake will give gains as well and no it doesn't take away HP like everyone says), spacer or anything else for that matter you will see nice gains.

-Sean
Where did I ever say an exhaust didn't yield better performance?

You stated that "Stillen is going to provide the most gains [over other exhausts]", which I then stated its gains over other exhausts is negligible because of its additional weight.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Gotta disagree on this, given my own experience with the Stillen exhaust on my '06 G35 M6. Here's the dyno graph comparing the stock exhaust vs the Stillen exhaust.

Maximum gains were 13 lb-ft of torque and 12 horsepower at 4400rpm, with peak gains of 8.5whp at 6300rpm and 8wtq at 4900rpm. The exhaust note is slightly deeper and more aggressive than stock but it's a mild upgrade in terms of sound...it just enhances that unmistakably VQ growl a bit and there’s zero resonance or other sound intrusion while cruising on the highway. I'm very very happy with this system, plus it fits perfectly. The welds are not JDM tight yO, they are MIG welds done by hand in the good old US of A, but it's full stainless and all the parts that show (mufflers and tips) have been polished to a mirror shine, so it looks just as good on the car as any other system. But for me, the most important part is the performance and on power gains this system is top notch IMO.

Here's a few pics of the system on my G...

Last edited by Modified Dave; 02-13-2008 at 02:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STILLEN vs. FAST INTENTIONS vs. FUJITSUBO