Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

STILLEN vs. FAST INTENTIONS vs. FUJITSUBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Modified Dave
Osiris looks like an amazing product, but I don't think it allows for changes to cam timing, which is what interests me most about the Haltech unit (as does is flexibility and resolution for tuning fuel and ignition). I want to see how much power I can get out of the stock cams with changes to cam timing using the Haltech, which no other system can do right now as far as I know. My suspicion is, like a lot of the factory ECU tuning on the VQ's, that the cam timing is very conservative.
Indeed it does allow for cam timing... in fact that, and the multiple maps are the only 2 things it has better than TechnoSquare (IMO)... I've had them both.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep em opinions coming guys!! good stuff!

Old 02-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hav the fuji exhaust and it sounds great! the gains are good and there is no rasp.. IMO, when you hear it on high rpm's it sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust out there.. its more quiet than stock and if you add resonated test pipes with it, wow, its the perfect exhaust setup..

Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by ohplat
i hav the fuji exhaust and it sounds great! the gains are good and there is no rasp.. IMO, when you hear it on high rpm's it sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust out there.. its more quiet than stock and if you add resonated test pipes with it, wow, its the perfect exhaust setup..
Its quieter than stock? what?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Indeed it does allow for cam timing... in fact that, and the multiple maps are the only 2 things it has better than TechnoSquare (IMO)... I've had them both.
Wow, very impressive! Will definitely look into this option in that case. Thanks guys!

Old 02-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sbeck
Its quieter than stock? what?
+1 ... I dont think I have ever heard a fuji that is quieter then stock. Fuji's are quiet in terms of aftermarket exhaust, but I dont think its quieter then stock?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Theres actually a VS thread about these exhausts? I went from Apexi N1, to Invidia G200 and now Fast Intentions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pick it over the Fuji and especially the Stillen all day everyday. I also have a 5AT, no problems, sounds great, no rasp either!

Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Just to be clear (some may not realize)… Stillen for sedan is a VERY good choice – not quiet by any means, however gen 2 is quite tame compared to gen 1… either version is one of the best (if not the best) performance exhaust options (for sedan).

Coupe is apparently another story – but I don’t want new sedan owners to get the wrong info based on this thread (which is primarily coupe owners).

Old 02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't read the whole thread so I hope that I am not repeating what others have already said. First, Fuji is not a true dual exhaust so you will need to get a Y pipe also if you want it to be from the cats back. I have heard Fuji on a friend's G and it sounds very nice. It's a mellow tone at idle and then has a nice roar to it when opened up. If you want the quietest of the 3, get the Fuji. Stillen is okay too. It sounds nice and is a bit louder than stock. The Fast Intentions Intimidator exhaust is what I currently have. I previously had HKS and GReddy and I can say that the FI exhaust is easily my favorite. I read a couple of people talk about drone with this exhaust. I have FI HFC's and the exhaust and I have no drone. It sounds very nice at idle and when you open it up . . . it almost sounds exotic. Stillen and FI are both true dual setups. You just need to ask yourself what it is that you are looking for and go with what suits you the best. HKS (which is still my fav exhaust for a NA G) has 2.25 inch piping. Greddy Evo TT (my second exhaust) has 2.75 inch piping which was way too big. And you want to talk about drone? Whoa . . . if you are not turbo/twin turbo this exhaust will be very loud. FI Intimidator has 2.50 inch piping which works perfectly for my supercharger setup and is not too quiet or too loud. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 PM
hey hexxum! nice input. if the HKS on a loud factor is 8/10 how loud is the FI compared to the HKS idle and while driving?

if the FI is something that you gotta kinda listen to to realize that it's stock then ill go that right. lol no way an i going back to the injen route or even hks, it wakes up all my neighbors. let me know!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
FI is not as loud as HKS. I would say like 6.5 or 7/10. When I was NA, I really loved my HKS. I wish the piping was bigger on HKS. If I was still NA, I would still have HKS. Like I said though, it really depends on what your goals are. If you are strictly making your decision based on sound, get the Fuji exhaust. If you are looking for the best combo of sound/performance/looks, I would recommend the Fast Intentions exhaust. Tony and the fellas at FI have put out a quality exhaust here. Honestly, you really can't go wrong with any of the 3 choices. It just comes down to your preference.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:19 PM
hmm...6.5 or 7/10 doesnt sound bad. if stock was 5/10 what would FI be (i have no other breathing mods)? lol youre making me lean towards the FI

Old 02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey hexxum, Was there any performance gain with the HFC on your car with the s/c?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes. The stock cats are kind of a bottleneck. The HFC's definitely helped free up the flow. The FI HFC's are good stuff.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:24 PM
stillen is loud and will give you increased hp but it is heavier than alot of other aftermarkets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STILLEN vs. FAST INTENTIONS vs. FUJITSUBO