Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Motordyne - Tony

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
+1 for Tony and his great products.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
$2300 is actually very reasonable considering the cost of materials and everything that goes into making it.

In perspective, the Full titanium Amuse is listed at $4100. And it doesn't include a Y-pipe.

I did a lot of market research into 350Z and G35 exhaust systems. (Japanese, American and Chinese systems.)

Chinese systems will always be the cheapest no matter what. But there are several associated compromises when its manufactured there.

Japanese and American systems are generally in the mid to high range, but they have much higher quality.

With the Motordyne exhaust systems, there is an additional level of quality and detail that doesn't exist on other 350Z and G35 exhaust systems.

Yes, the Motordyne exhaust costs a little more than average, but the relative value is higher with the research, development, materials and quality of workmanship that goes into it.

Many corners could have been cut to reduce the cost, but then it would be the same as everything else. ...I didn't want to go there.

The Motordyne exhaust systems are designed to compete at or above the highest quality systems on the market while also offering a higher value to the customer.

Uniqueness, quality, interchangeability and value has been the objective from the start.
just wasnt what i was expecting to pay as per the conversation we had back in july/august. the exhaust looks great dont get me wrong, but for the price of the Ti exhuast system im halfway to being Fi. im just trying to put it into perspective. Now i understand the amuse is listed at 4100...but how many people do u see running it? i dont mind spending money on mods, but i think even us tuners are going to go for the best bang for buck mods. if the HKS yeilds lets say 12rwhp, and this one 14wrhp u can bet ur *** im going with the HKS. Not knocking your stuff tony, the pieces are beautiful, i just find that to be a little extremely priced for the application regardless.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
just wasnt what i was expecting to pay as per the conversation we had back in july/august. the exhaust looks great dont get me wrong, but for the price of the Ti exhuast system im halfway to being Fi. im just trying to put it into perspective. Now i understand the amuse is listed at 4100...but how many people do u see running it? i dont mind spending money on mods, but i think even us tuners are going to go for the best bang for buck mods. if the HKS yeilds lets say 12rwhp, and this one 14wrhp u can bet ur *** im going with the HKS. Not knocking your stuff tony, the pieces are beautiful, i just find that to be a little extremely priced for the application regardless.
You would expect the TI piece to be of more value than a Stainless Steel piece Just put that in your perspective. why you're complaining. If you can't afford it then get the SS polished piece with TI tip, pretty simple.

BTW what is the listed price for SS system

Last edited by Gee3point5Mhmm; 12-04-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
who said i couldnt afford it? 2300 is just alot of money for anyone, like i said the quality is there, only the dynos will tell if this is just pretty to look at. im hoping 20WHP gains at minimum...the performance must justify the price IMO

Old 12-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
You would expect the TI piece to be of more value than a Stainless Steel piece Just put that in your perspective. why you're complaining. If you can't afford it then get the SS polished piece with TI tip, pretty simple.

BTW what is the listed price for SS system
Sorry that came out wrong. I'm just stating the fact that TI is more valuable in cosmetics, strengths, weight, Etc. If you do not want to pay this price then opt for the second choice. Like choosing a car BMW or Infiniti. One holds more value and has better quality but obviously more expensive.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:13 PM
i most likely will be going with the stainless with Ti tips, i would love to get the hariki(sp?) system but i really do think the north east winters we have will take its toll on that. if i had a show car things would be different =]

Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i didnt even consider that the quote of $2300 was for the full-Ti, I figured that was the standard SS system plus the xyz-pipe like he mentioned.

So which is it Tony?

XYZ+SS dual = $2300
or is it
XYZ+Ti dual = $2300

I think part of the board might be confused, i know I am.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Harakiri Dual list is $2300 with the XYZ.
....Harakiri = full ti im assuming

Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Wasn't expecting $2300 either but if i didnt love the FI CF Exhaust i'd def. get it, prob. come out tou around $1700 after cashback and sale

Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Shockwave dual list is $1600 with the XYZ.
Harakiri Dual list is $2300 with the XYZ.

There will be a 10% introductory sale.
Plus 10% cash back for pre/post dynos (contact me for details)
And it will be listed through an Ebay account for an additional 20%~30% Microsoft cash back discount.

Add it all up and this will be a High-End exhaust at a fairly modest price.
With all the discount applies, how much would it be for Harakiri Dual shipped to CA?

I fail at mathematic...

Old 12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the MS cashback can only do $200 per transaction. How do you get around that?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by chenG35
I thought the MS cashback can only do $200 per transaction. How do you get around that?
read his post about breaking the 3 pieces up into separate sales

still very pricey especially when you can go hks route

Old 12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
The Harakiri was never meant to be a buget system for everybody.
There are more variations being released, and one in particular at a much lower price.

This is why different systems are being produced. Everybody has different priorities and preferences.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
i didnt even consider that the quote of $2300 was for the full-Ti, I figured that was the standard SS system plus the xyz-pipe like he mentioned.

So which is it Tony?

XYZ+SS dual = $2300
or is it
XYZ+Ti dual = $2300

I think part of the board might be confused, i know I am.
The system with the colorful Titanium mufflers and Titanium tips (Harakiri) are $2300.

The system with the Stainless mufflers with Titanium tips (Shockwave dual) are $1600.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Xet
read his post about breaking the 3 pieces up into separate sales

still very pricey especially when you can go hks route
At $1600, the Shockwave dual list price is almost identical to the hks.

If you factor in the rebates, the Shockwave is considerably less.

The HKS is fixed in its performance, configuration and sound. The dual Shockwave has a high degree of interchangeability. You can easily change the look or sound without having to change the entire system out.

Many people buy more than one exhaust system for their car. If you happen to be one of them, the Shockwave's part interchangability will allow you to do some really cool stuff.

The pictures shown so far are only the beginning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne - Tony