Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Exhaust.. check it..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
cheap ebay exhausts make express705 cry.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy fake hks exhaust batman

Old 05-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Check this one out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-...spagenameZWDVW

Even has the same box set-up as the HKS... Is it quite possible that these are made from the same people that make HKS's systems? Common place in the exhaust world. One company has their stuff made in a factory that puts out the same design under a different name... Apparently, the design isn't patented...

Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lizard 1
Check this one out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-...spagenameZWDVW

Even has the same box set-up as the HKS... Is it quite possible that these are made from the same people that make HKS's systems? Common place in the exhaust world. One company has their stuff made in a factory that puts out the same design under a different name... Apparently, the design isn't patented...
The HKS exhaust doesn't come in three boxes...It comes in two...One really big box and one medium box...Xo2 exhausts are made in china...HKS exhausts are made in their manufacturing plant located at the foot of mount fuji...I'm pretty sure they're patented too.

The Xo2 and HKS are not the same...They may look the same in pictures, but they sound and look different in person...The Xo2 burnt tips are also not on par with the HKS Ti Tips...There have been some Xo2 owners that have had their exhausts rust up...I've seen an Xo2 exhaust in person and it had a brownish color to it. They have poor fitment, and are too short in some cases.

The KCR exhaust in your link is probably manufactured in the same facility as the XO2. It uses the same extension pipes as the Xo2...The HKS doesn't have those.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by bull3t
The HKS exhaust doesn't come in three boxes...It comes in two...One really big box and one medium box...Xo2 exhausts are made in china...HKS exhausts are made in their manufacturing plant located at the foot of mount fuji...I'm pretty sure they're patented too.

The Xo2 and HKS are not the same...They may look the same in pictures, but they sound and look different in person...The Xo2 burnt tips are also not on par with the HKS Ti Tips...There have been some Xo2 owners that have had their exhausts rust up...I've seen an Xo2 exhaust in person and it had a brownish color to it. They have poor fitment, and are too short in some cases.

The KCR exhaust in your link is probably manufactured in the same facility as the XO2. It uses the same extension pipes as the Xo2...The HKS doesn't have those.
Good info. I've read about the Xo2s and knew better, but saw this ad on HKS on Ebay and thought, hell, maybe they are made in the same place? Not interested, but being educated about as much of everything I can helps to avoid the **** out there...

Thanks for helping a newbie!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Just threw in the HKS exhaust today, i would def recommend puttn in the extra $ and gettn the real deal, esp if you plan on keeping your car for a while. i thought about buyin the knock-offs but in the end u may end up paying more, so i figured an exhaust is a one time thing, so y not. and honestly i love my hks, im gnna go in the garage and turn my car on right now jus so i can hear it =)